• 1607 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10045 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Lobby cosmetics

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Pombo, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Over the past few days, I've been noticing due to a large amount of players in one specific lobby and the cosmetics used within it were making it crash.

For this, it was that admins started disabling the cosmetics to prevent further "damage".

Now I think, a good idea to fix that up would be to automate it.
    It can be a little annoying waiting for someone to come and enable cosmetics for you (unless the lobby restarts).

Checking the player count of a lobby and disabling:
    For example, if a lobby has >70 players, the cosmetics can get temporarily disabled until the count lowers, that way it would be automated without the need of anyone coming and running commands.

Posted Aug 19, 2019,
    Last edited Aug 19, 2019
  2. That’s a good idea, this could be implemented like you said if the player count reaches a certain level it’ll automatically disable cosmetics. We could also make it so once the TPS (Ticks per second) of the server reaches a certain level it’ll automatically disable cosmetics. Either way +1 from me, this is worth looking into as a lag “safety net”

Posted Aug 19, 2019
    THELichCA likes this.
  3. Yo!

I really like your idea of automating a system for cosmetic lag, however my only concern is that some players might get annoyed at first if this system were to be implemented. In larger lobbies players enjoy using cosmetics, but I agree that we should prioritize players’ overall experience and have them in a lag free environment. Your idea is convenient and works to reduce players’ lag, so It’s a +1 from me!

Posted Aug 20, 2019
    Thunderbelly and Xukuri like this.
  4. Hello there!
    I believe that this idea could be very useful for reducing the amount of lobby lag players may experience due to cosmetics. Although to a certain extent, we don't want to be cutting off the players' fun while using cosmetics, if it gets to a point where it's lagging the server, that's when something needs to happen to ensure a quality experience in general. Therefore I agree with you, great idea! :)

Posted Aug 20, 2019
  5. Hey!
    I think that this would be a great idea to help people that go through a lot of lag from these cosmetics. I think it is better to stop these cosmetics if there are too many players then just to let them do whatever they want. They will totally mess up the lobby. I do agree that in lobbies that are normally larger (have more players) than others (such as Lobby-1), the players love to use cosmetics. But, it would be better to prevent lag for everyone so they could actually have fun in the lobby, without cosmetics. Anyways, they can go to a different lobby if this happens to use their cosmetics. But I would say a +1 from me!

Posted Aug 20, 2019
  6. Hia!

I really like this idea, as I love using cosmetics in lobbies. If I wanna use cosmetics, sometimes I have to go to another lobby.
    Overall, pretty good idea. Just one thing, how hard would it be to implement this? Like, a Admin can’t just keep coming back to the lobby every minute, if they do this. But overall, I think this is a pretty good idea.
    Thank you.
    -Knazamn

Posted Aug 22, 2019
    Thunderbelly likes this.
  7. This seems like a simple fix to the cosmetic problem.

+1 I would really like to see this implemented.

Posted Aug 22, 2019
  8. Certainly doable and agreeable. It's annoying having to wait for the lobby to do the automatic reset just to be able to use cosmetics.

Posted Aug 22, 2019
  9. no i love lagging peoples games with fireworks

Posted Aug 22, 2019
    FruitVegetables likes this.
  10. I think that your idea would be a really good idea. I feel like it could greatly increase the Mineplex experiences, and I also agree a lag-free environment needs to be prioritized over cosmetics. This post gets a +1 from me.

Have a great day, Thunderbelly.

Posted Aug 22, 2019
  11. I really like this. I run into this problem a ton when users use the "Spook-in-a-Box" cosmetic in lobbies. It lags for me a ton and for many other players. I think just trying to fix the lag with the cosmetic would be a better use of time, but I'm sure there are other cosmetics out there that if many players use them, would lag the lobby.

All players should be able to use the cosmetics they want, but we would have to pinpoint the certain cosmetics that would cause tons of lag is many players used them (fireworks, Spook-in-a-Box, etc.) and disable them until the playercount in lobbies is a little lower.

Overall, I think this is a great idea and I hope to see some more development of it.
    +1

Posted Aug 22, 2019
  12. Herro!

I think this would be pretty simple to add, and it sounds like a great idea to me! I would change the gadget trigger to be based off of active gadgets instead of players in the lobby. Not sure what this number would have to be, but I feel that's more fair than making it based off a player count.

I think this is a great idea, so +1 from me!

Posted Aug 22, 2019
  13. Hey!

I think this would be a nice addition to the server. I've seen first hand the number of issues recently with cosmetics and server lag. I think the way the server should decide when to enable or disable gadgets should be based on a few factors. I think it should take the server's TPS (ticks-per-second), the current player count, and the current amount of active gadgets into account. This would allow the server to accurately determine when disabling the gadgets is necessary. This is going to be a +1 from me for sure!

Posted Aug 22, 2019
  14. Honestly, I think this addition would be excellent. It be very beneficial to our players that don't have the best laptops or computers to run Minecraft. The lobbies are usually laggier with more players in general but even more so when so many are using cosmetics. It would be nice to automatically disable gadgets and no one would have to bother with doing it manually. Additionally, if players are doing it intentionally, it would better prevent them from just changing to a different lobby when gadgets are disabled in one of them.

Posted Aug 24, 2019
  15. Hey mate,

I can totally agree with most of the people above that it is annoying to experience cosmetic lag in lobbies, and the worst part is that there is nothing the community can really do at the time to disable the cosmetics and reduce the lag. This is why I really like this suggestion, and believe that it would benefit busier lobbies such as Lobby 1 - Lobby 5. I do see the issue with some players being annoyed that cosmetics are disabled, and a fix to this could be to allow some cosmetics, the ones that don't cause excessive lag to be enabled at times, that way at least they have a couple of harmless cosmetics they can use. I do really like your suggestion of cosmetics being disabled /reenabled depending on the current player count. It's a +1 from me!

Posted Aug 24, 2019
  16. I'm totally down for an automated lag-mitigation system, but I'm wondering if there's a better way to do it. With the suggested system, any lobby with >70 players, regardless of how many cosmetics are actually being used, would have disabled cosmetics. Perhaps the system could tie into TPS or the number of active cosmetics instead.

Posted Aug 26, 2019
  17. Hello,
    I think this would be a great solution to the lag due to cosmetics in larger lobbies. This would make it much easier to reduce the lag and improve the experience of players without having to get an admin. I see no big issue with this idea, and think it would be a nice quick fix to the lag issues in lobbies. Thanks for suggesting this cool idea! It's a +1 from me :)

Posted Aug 29, 2019