• 375 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7571 Players Online
  • 7196 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Lightning photos

Discussion in 'Arts & Banner Showcase' started by DeluxFTW, Aug 12, 2021.

1. Lightning strikes from yesterday evening's storm!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Posted Aug 12, 2021
  2. those are dope ngl

Posted Aug 12, 2021
  3. Wo9ooaaahhhh
    Really cool
    You'd never thi k giant streaks of plasma temporarily flashing through the lower layers if the atmosphere would be so pretty!

Posted Aug 12, 2021
    SoftwareSlicer and DeluxFTW like this.
  4. I love lightning, and these photos are awesome! We don't get thunderstorms in Ireland, but whenever I go back to my family there's so many, and it's really great seeing the lightning strikes. They look so cool, but I never managed to get them in a picture. :( Yours look sick, though, especially the third which is massive! :o

Posted Aug 12, 2021
  5. Thanks! Yup, that was a REALLY close strike. As I personally don't like storms, I love to watch lightning strike!

I'm personally not a professional with lightning photography. How I did it was I used my phone and recorded in slo-mo and then I go back to find where the lightning is and take a screenshot to get photos.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 12, 2021
    SoftwareSlicer and maevestarbaby like this.
  6. Smart idea, can't believe I never thought of that!

Posted Aug 12, 2021
    SoftwareSlicer and DeluxFTW like this.
  7. woahh they're really pretty! keep up the awesome work photographing! =D

Posted Aug 13, 2021
    SoftwareSlicer likes this.
  8. very cool very nice

Posted Aug 14, 2021
  9. Heyo!
    Nice photos! I always enjoy looking at photos of lightning, and I find that it's difficult to both see the bolt and capture it with a camera. Keep up the great work!

Posted Aug 14, 2021
  10. Ahhh I love storms

Posted Aug 15, 2021
  11. Heyy!

All of these photos are super cool looking! Lightning can look really neat if captured right and I think that all of the shapes and colors in each picture are really just spectacular. Weather has always been pretty fascinating to me so I definitely tend to find all of these types of things to be super interesting. Thanks for sharing!

Posted Aug 15, 2021
  12. @DeluxFTW Woahh these pictures remind of what i videotaped the other day.. your scenery is extremely similar to what I have at my house. take a look :o
    https://imgur.com/a/sWhW4WR
    [​IMG]

Posted Sep 8, 2021
    SoftwareSlicer and CatFan105 like this.
  13. This is really cool! Nice job capturing these! :)

Posted Sep 8, 2021
  14. Wow those are amazing pictures!

Posted Sep 8, 2021
  15. These are sick! What camera do you shoot with?

Posted Sep 10, 2021
  16. These look amazing! Cool seeing people from the community posting photography!

Keep us updated.

Posted Sep 27, 2021
  17. How did u take the pics so fast??? for me lightning will flash before i take the pic

Posted Oct 26, 2021
  18. Whoa, how do you catch these photos?

Really good btw.

Posted Oct 26, 2021
  19. Record with slo-mo settings on your phone, trace back to where you caught the lightning and take a screenshot

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 27, 2021
  20. Oh my, those are honestly some incredible photos of lightning and I'm very shocked that you were able to capture them on camera. Timing lightning can be an incredible pain and is not something that you can easily do. Though I have to say, those look so beautiful, though that may just be me and my affinity with lightning and things of that nature but regardless, wow I'm shocked. I especially like the second and third photographs because of its beautiful illustration of how it moves. You see it really does capture its movement because of how lightning works or at least part of it is when lightning is headed towards the ground it actually doesn't go one direction immediately, it moves and changes many directions when going down. Then, though that photo doesn't illustrate it, when it goes down at one point the ground reaches or sort of responds to the lightning back, which is pretty fascinating.

Posted Oct 27, 2021