• 103 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 1887 Players Online
  • 1784 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Life Bonds Change Proposal - Champions Mage Kit

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by DabbittyMcYeet, Feb 26, 2022.

1. So, as we know, Life Bonds is a Mage Support Skill that transfers health from yourself to nearby allies with less health. What I'm proposing is this:
    1) Instead of transferring your own health to allies with less health, you make health to send to nearby allies.
    2) How? Simple: Energy. It will use a certain amount of energy to produce the health and send it to your allies. Just like how Void uses energy to reduce damage, the lore could be that you, the Mage, are using your Energy and converting it into lifeforce to send to your allies.
    3) It would still only heal players with less health than you, so you would still need to be careful to stay topped up on your health. This also gives your opponents the opportunity to cancel your support ability by lowering your health, making you less effective at healing others.
    4) All other aspects of the kit stay the same, including the range and the transfer rates for the health.
    5) The only difference would be you use up energy to give health to your allies instead of losing your own health to give to allies.

Posted Feb 26, 2022
    LockNess8221 and Paladise like this.
  2. Hey @DabbittyMcYeet,
    This is a really interesting idea. Question though; do you think there is something about the skill and the way it uses ones own health that makes it more over powered or less over powered than what you're suggesting?
    Overall though it is a really cool idea.

Posted Feb 26, 2022
    LockNess8221 and DabbittyMcYeet like this.
  3. I honestly think its pretty underpowered right now because you can only heal players "halfway" For example, if you have 8 health and another player has 4 health, you can't heal that player up to your same 8 health, but rather, 6, because you will lose 2 health and heal your ally for 2 health so you will both even out at 6, which reduces healing potential and just causes you to burn through soups, especially in a group fight.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 27, 2022
    LockNess8221 likes this.
  4. this idea will change the whole strategy for Support Players.

Posted Feb 27, 2022
  5. I think this is definitely an interesting idea, although life bonds use changes depending on what you're playing. My main worry about this suggestion is its inherent change to different strategies in Clans, which uses Champions abilities and sets. What a player could do is sit in a base and life-bonds their clan and allies without being damaged. This means that life bonds could practically refill clanmates' health repeatedly making some fights difficult, especially in besieges (raids) and the life bonds user would still be perfectly safe. The way life bonds is balanced in clans currently, is the person using life bonds health reduces so that if a stray damager such as the Meridian Scepter etc hits the player, they die easier and cannot heal their teammates as much, the same goes for Charles Witherton raids and other events, the player is knocked down to low health so that the mobs can kill them easier so the clanmates aren't essentially godded.

This is slightly different in Champions because there aren't any safe spots players can hide apart from their spawn point, by which point is out of the radius of their teammates anyway, plus most sets allow you to use a movement ability to get into the enemies spawn. I can see why the health loss is more detrimental in Champions because it basically kills players for the enemy team without them having to do much which can seem unfair and there are no safe spots for the players to run to heal and a very limited amount of soups. This is where I argue with myself, because for Champions, it's a really good idea to keep the player in combat (maybe make the energy usage quite high so it can't be used so much to keep it balanced), however in Clans it can make event combat more difficult.

If you can think of a way to resolve that above, I'd like to hear it, but otherwise, I believe this is an alright suggestion for Champions, not really for Clans.

Posted Feb 28, 2022
    DabbittyMcYeet likes this.