• 1584 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 14263 Players Online
  • 12679 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Level Up Message Idea

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by ReJo, Nov 27, 2020.

Tags:
?

Do you think this is a good idea?

1. Yes!

73.7%
  2. Maybe, could use some changes.

26.3%
  3. No.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Hello!

NOTE: This idea is for bedrock.
    So the idea is pretty self-explanatory.
    It would be nice if a title (message) showed up on your screen when you level up.
    The current way that shows you have leveled up isn't very noticeable, which is a little message next to your mineplex level stats in chat when completing a game.
    Also, how do people know if they've leveled up if they level up when getting daily rewards exp from carl the creeper for example?
    So the overall idea is to have a title (message) show up on your screen when leveling up anywhere/anytime on the server.
    The message would look something like this:
    LEVEL UP (Message on top)
    (#) -> (#) (Message on bottom)
    Let me know what you think about this, thanks!

Posted Nov 27, 2020
  2. Hey!

This seems to be a pretty good idea! A few times now I've leveled up and hadn't realized until I said something in chat. This seems pretty simple but helpful +1

Posted Nov 27, 2020
    yvuggu and ReJo like this.
  3. Agreed. +1

Posted Nov 27, 2020
  4. Nice idea! I always look in the chat after every game to see how much xp I earned, and if I leveled up, but I’d like the idea of a message alerting you! I have a feeling that many people do not specifically look for the ‘LEVEL UP!’ message, so an alert would definitively be beneficial. +1 from me!
    -Bob

Posted Nov 27, 2020
    Wes1472 and ReJo like this.
  5. I feel like this could use some work. Instead of maybe a giant, in your face title, it could be more of an actionbar title with a little sound effect to draw attention to it. Maybe have the big title when completing a color set (like from gray to blue, blue to green, etc.). Overall, I think it’d be a nice QoL feature to have, +1 from me!

Posted Dec 8, 2020
    OrangeyCob and ReJo like this.
  6. Hey! I like this idea, and agree that it should bring more attention to the fact that you leveled. Maybe if there was a firework sound or something to alert you that "Hey! You leveled :D"

Posted Dec 8, 2020
    Bob16077777 and ReJo like this.
  7. Hey there, you honestly always have great ideas for the Bedrock server and I think this would make a great little edition for the next QOL update. It would be pretty cool when you were to level up some fireworks would appear possibly. Along with this I think it would be cool if it says what level you are on your xp bar so you would know how close you are to achieving the next level. Overall great idea, so here is a +1 from me!

Posted Dec 8, 2020
    ReJo likes this.
  8. I agree with everyone else that this is a great idea. A firework sound or maybe an xp level up sound like in vanilla Minecraft. Either one works for me and I would love to see it added! :)

Posted Dec 9, 2020
    ReJo likes this.
  9. I think it’s a good idea, I don’t really see a harm in it being implemented either! If a player levels up, it doesn’t happen until the EXP is rewarded at the end of the game. So since players would be in a game lobby, the message on the screen wouldn’t interfere with gameplay.
    I definitely agree it can be hard to notice the level up message if you aren’t paying attention, this would solve that issue.

Posted Dec 9, 2020
    ReJo likes this.
  10. Not a bad QoL suggestion. I agree with your point that levelling up isn't always the most apparent and cannot always be seen easily in the chat amongst the flow of messages and other game rewards. A simple title message would fix this easily and would even boost the motive to level up more, especially within the higher levels. The title screen would only display after the game has ended, so this shouldn't disrupt the rhythm of the game at hand, nor should it distract players too much.

My vote: +1

Posted Dec 9, 2020
    ReJo likes this.
  11. Simple idea but a good one, I agree with everything else said on the thread. +1

Posted Dec 9, 2020
    ReJo likes this.
  12. I really like this idea, it is a simple QoL idea, that would just make it easier and somewhat more special when someone reaches another level. While I have no problem with the current system, I do like have more features like this, as it makes leveling up that little bit more special. This should also help users who don't check chat or make their chat small.

Overall, really great QoL idea, that I would love to see implemented.

Posted Dec 11, 2020
    ReJo likes this.
  13. Just like everyone else said: this isn’t a bad idea. I think this will all for leveling up to become easier to see in the chat and will benefit players. Not harmless and useful. +1

Posted Dec 11, 2020
    ReJo likes this.
  14. It would make leveling up more exciting, surely. If it were accompanied by a sound or effect - like the firework effect and sound - I think it would subliminally encourage players who are newer to level up more.

Furthermore, it would be a great way to introduce them to leveling up. I like this idea because it is an improvement upon something that is already there. It merely emboldens players to level up more. If they want to level up more, they will play more. If they play more, they may want to spend money. If they spend money, Mineplex can thrive further.

TL;DR, I love this idea.

+1

Posted Dec 11, 2020
    ReJo likes this.

15. this is a pretty cool idea, id like to see this implemented, and as an addition, maybe the message could be in a different colour, reletive to your colour in the lvls example 60- orange.

Posted Dec 29, 2020
    ReJo likes this.