• 498 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9102 Players Online
  • 8604 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Let's do a little experiment about tryhards

Discussion in 'Cake Wars' started by AquaVoltGamer07, May 3, 2021.

?

What do you think about tryhards

1. I am one of them

28.4%
  2. I am fine with them

8.1%
  3. Tryhards? i eat those for breakfast

20.3%
  4. They are mildly annoying

24.3%
  5. I hate them

5.4%
  6. If i could, i would throw each one of them in a pit of fire ants

5.4%
  7. "THE GAME ISNT SUPPOSED TO BE PLAYED THAT WAY REEEEEEEEEEEEE"

6.8%
  8. What are tryhards?

1.4%
  1. Having to play with a tryhard be sorta annoying cause it kinds ruins the game when they rush right away and kill you but at the end of the day I understand it.

Posted May 5, 2021
    Paladise likes this.
  2. toot toot gun go shoot

Posted May 6, 2021
  3. Nathan does ESP

Posted May 6, 2021
  4. nah every hunter esps without fail. if they kill me it means that they have esped and have no skill innit bruv. definitely not my own fault

Posted May 6, 2021
    Jaek likes this.
  5. it's a well-known fact that all hunters on the leaderboard use the illegitimate hack called "PropHuntESP" and this allows them to find the hiders without putting any effort in, I do hope that you haven't succumbed to this experience @BlueFlash

Posted May 6, 2021
    FluteVegetables likes this.
  6. One of the relentless hackers. truly making people enjoy the game!

Posted May 15, 2021
  7. -1

As a tryhard myself, In my opinion, tryhards are great people! I feel like most people neglect the fact that the most players that you consider "tryhard" are actually players who just play the game for fun and are good at it. I can agree most tryhards are toxic but I try my best to not be toxic while playing. For the most part I strongly disagree with that statement, and I find that playing against a GOOD PLAYER helps me gain more knowledge of the game mode and how to become a better player!
    :bedrock:
    Thanks for the feedback,
    FlamezMC

Posted May 18, 2021
  8. Your post is funny. Good job. I love the responses you did to the poll options, they actually made me laugh.

Honestly, I'm split against tryhards. Some of them are annoying with cheap tactics, but then others are actually good at the game and playing against them isn't horrible, even if I get smacked around for the whole time. Some tryhards are just good at the game because they've been playing for a while and they have a good party. Other parties are just full of solo queuers that don't actually know anyone in the game, and they tend to do worse compared to coordinated "sweat" parties. That seems to be a problem with most team games, and I don't usually play them unless I'm playing it with people that I know and that I can communicate with.

Another thing to add, I can still relate to how you feel. Yes I'm a level 92 and I've been playing since 2014, but I take so many long breaks that it's hard for me to maintain my skill level and I only play for a few weeks at a time and then take a break again, so I really don't make much progress either. So I'm just kind of slightly above average at my favorite games, which means that there's still gonna be some times that I lose. Now I don't mind losing, but I just barely came back after disappearing for 3 months, and I really don't want to play SSM with someone who sweats on the leaderboards every day with 44 wins.

Like yes, I get it. They're putting in the time, so they deserve to be good. But not everyone gets a chance to play for four hours every day, so it's not really fair for more casual players to get subjected to being smacked around in every game.

I agree that Mineplex should do a ranked system, but 2 problems:

1. Not enough players for this to actually work
    2. Some of the tryhards will get upset over it because it's making them work harder

Sorry this is too long

Posted May 18, 2021,
    Last edited May 19, 2021