• 1091 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9881 Players Online
  • 8790 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Let's do a little experiment about tryhards

Discussion in 'Cake Wars' started by AquaVoltGamer07, May 3, 2021.

?

What do you think about tryhards

1. I am one of them

29.8%
  2. I am fine with them

7.0%
  3. Tryhards? i eat those for breakfast

21.1%
  4. They are mildly annoying

28.1%
  5. I hate them

5.3%
  6. If i could, i would throw each one of them in a pit of fire ants

3.5%
  7. "THE GAME ISNT SUPPOSED TO BE PLAYED THAT WAY REEEEEEEEEEEEE"

3.5%
  8. What are tryhards?

1.8%
  1. So, to start, this isn't only about mineplex. a lot of servers, cough cough hypixel cough, has this, umm, Problem. This post is mainly focused on the poll, so i will briefly explay each answer
    1- I am one of them
    So, if you consider itself one of them, congratulations! your kind has ruined my games more times than i can count

2- I am fine with them
    If you are fine with them, it is because you aren't a complete block disaster and can deal with them if you do this very well, consider picking the next opion

3- Tryhards? i eat those for breakfast
    So, you can easily anihillate a tribe of people trying to ruin your game when you build a wool castle? i wish i could be you.

4- They are mildly annoying
    So, you are basically 2 options above but you get tired from them, maybe they perish you, maybe they don't.

5- I hate them
    Oh, so you are the average person who are repeately destroyed by them. welcome to the club..,[crying intensiv]

6- "Pit of fire ants"

Hey Hey, chill out,
    You almost forgot the paper and lemons =]
    7- [RAGE]

Finally, the one i actually wanna talk about. If you stop to think about it, whoever designed the game did not intended it to be rushed. otherwise, the time
    wouldn't be so long and there would not be nether stars, bc the game would be so quick, nobody would need that. So, it's indisputable that the game was not designed that way. So yeah, you are right. try to explain THAT slowbusters!
    8- What are tryhards?
    [i should have started by this one]
    So, tryharders are basically the people who try to commit speedrun on CW, most of the times, not even trying the slow game. there are three main types of rushers, D R E A Ms, Normals and cheaters. The D R E A Ms are people who saw the dream channel, thought "OH, green man commits fastness, i wanna try!"... they cant even leave the base alone bc they always fail the speedbridge. Normals are the ones that play 25h a day and perish almost everyone who they cross paths with. Hackers are [REDACTED] and [REDACTED], even tho they are [REDACTED] i can [REDACTED] why they [REDACTED][REDACTED]

So, that's it, put in the comments your thoughts about whether or not they are playing right. Ciao!

Posted May 3, 2021
  2. Tryhards wouldn't be an issue if dodging didn't exist and cake wars had more players

Posted May 3, 2021
  3. I don't think calling people "tryhards" for playing a game in parties and grinding wins is necessarily right.
    If you look at it from a different perspective, "tryhards" are experienced, good players who play in parties with other experienced players in order to win more games efficiently and there isn't really anything wrong with that.
    Sure, it can be frustrating when you're not as experienced or not playing in a party with as many people, however, Cake Wars is a game that has a lot of lobbies running at once most of the time so you can just leave the lobbies that you feel have the "tryhards" in them and play the ones that have more casual players instead.
    The term tryhard has become an "insult" over the years to people who like to grind wins efficiently and/or are really good at the game and focus solely on winning.
    I don't think it's fair to judge people based on how much time or effort they put into doing something, because everyone has a hobby and spends time doing what they love.
    This can happen in any game, players with a higher skill level and more experience in a game can seem like they're ruining your fun but they're just playing to get wins and try their best whilst doing so, I don't think there is anything wrong with that.

Posted May 3, 2021
    siee likes this.
  4. Just quit cw

Now that Mineplex has a dwindling playerbase, every lobby has a party :( Hopefully Mineplex can get more players tho so this won't be as much of an issue

Posted May 3, 2021
    90zr and EpicEnderDragon1 like this.
  5. you play mineplex.
    what did u think posting this is going to do lol

Posted May 4, 2021
    Jssss, Orangey and EpicEnderDragon1 like this.
  6. everytime this kid posts its all about tryhards and how they're ruining his experience. just don't play this server. i quit mineplex and i've never felt better mate

Posted May 4, 2021
    Paladise likes this.
  7. I'm considered a Tryhard, I like trying hard. It's what earns me shards, and xp.

Posted May 4, 2021
  8. does leaving games as soon as i shoot you get you more shards and xp

Posted May 4, 2021
  9. Ah yes, calling someone a tryhard because they're better than you. My favorite pastime B)

Posted May 4, 2021
    Jaek likes this.
  10. Does using esp help you feel superior over players?

Posted May 4, 2021
    frp likes this.
  11. i mostly get called names that would get me banned if i told them lol

Posted May 4, 2021
  12. nathan doesn't cheat LOOOL

Posted May 5, 2021 at 4:53 AM
    FluteVegetables likes this.
  13. Lots of people here denying Mineplex's huge tryhard problem. I'd say it's one of the major factors contributing to the slow death of the server. New players such as the OP won't want to play Mineplex again if they keep getting put in lobbies with full parties of level 100s.

There's no real way to fight this unless Mineplex gains more players. I've said this before, but this happens every time a game/server goes stale. Only the people who have sunk the most time into it will continue playing consistently, which is why you get a such an exaggerated ratio between tryhards and casual (dare I say, bot) players.

Posted May 5, 2021 at 5:21 AM
    Paladise likes this.
  14. just go to a different server oml not that hard.

Posted May 5, 2021 at 12:42 PM

15. I cry with every thread that's created regarding people sweating a block game.

The thing about cakewars, is that it wasn't designed for newer players. If you've only played the game a handful of times, chances are you were utterly crushed by individuals who are glued to their chair with a thick layer of sweat and dirt. Would not play this game if you're trying to win without a party.

Now, tryhards. They're in every game. You've provided no solution. You make the claim that they are "ruining games" and I agree to disagree. If you're whining about people being better than you in a game (which evidently, that is exactly what you are doing, shamelessly), then I pity you.

Just play a more luck based game. If you want to do one even better, move to a different server. Hell, a different game if you can't stand the "tryhards".

Creating a thread on the Mineplex forums in search of people who agree with your pitiful ideals is something I'll show nothing but spite, and ridicule towards.

Posted May 5, 2021 at 3:50 PM
    Pelagic likes this.
  16. i was hoping that he gave a response like this so i could ss it LMFAO

Posted May 5, 2021 at 8:03 PM
  17. Who does ESP?

Posted May 5, 2021 at 8:05 PM
  18. Who does ESP?

Posted May 5, 2021 at 9:01 PM
    NathanDoesESP likes this.
  19. This isn't at all a good thing. The problem with games like CW and Champs especially is due to "not being designed for new players" new players can't play the game and the game slowly dwindles in popularity. Games need to be designed with new players in mind so that they're able to grow to a sustainable level.

This is exactly what a lot of people are doing, leading to the downfall of the server. While the lack of a solution to this problem isn't the most helpful thread it's also a poll so.

In terms of solutions, tutorials for games like clans, DOM, and CTF are needed to teach new players an almost completely new type of combat, and for games like CW (or any other pvp game really) new players could be driven to quit the game less if they didn't get annihilated every time. My possible idea to implement this is to 1. add a more balanced team making system so that matches without parties can be relatively balanced and 2. further balance teams by granting slight buffs to newer/less skilled players (this would be determined by a ratio stat like KDR or Wins to losses to prevent or at least limit smurfing).

Posted May 5, 2021 at 9:10 PM
    Fusafez and Paladise like this.
  20. In my opinion, tryhards (people who play the game to win), do not make it fun for casual players, such as myself. I play the game to have fun and complete missions, and if I win or lose, I don't care. But what is frustrating is when there are way too many people who can just stomp any kind of opposition and as a result make the game generally not very fun to play. Matchmaking based off a kind of win ratio also makes sense.

Posted May 5, 2021 at 9:49 PM
    Fusafez and Paladise like this.