• 422 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2364 Players Online
  • 1942 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned LET US FINALLY BE FREE!!! FOR THE LOVE OF CHISS

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Hillly, Sep 28, 2020.

?

Allow this option to be a feature?

1. Yes

10 vote(s)
    62.5%
  2. no

6 vote(s)
    37.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Should there be an option that players can enable or disable in /prefs that allows cuss words to be censored or uncensored? I personally think that this should be an option considering Hypixel has this feature and it works fine.

Words that would still not be allowed: Purely Racist Words or Words that are purely discriminatory

Posted Sep 28, 2020
    anthxny, Mitchy, Jaek and 2 others like this.
  2. Though I personally believe that this would be a great feature to implement, I do not see it being implemented anytime soon. Not only does Mineplex have an official partnership with Minecraft (which I believe is one of the motivating factors for a strict censorship), but I also don't think we have the development capabilities at the moment to make this a focus. It would be doable, but definitely take some work, and similar ideas have been shot down in the past both due to the structure of Minplex and due to focus in other areas for development. Furthermore, Mineplex is strict on it due to the fact that the playerbase is on the younger side (especially on bedrock with the cross-compatibility feature), so implementing such a feature is probably not on the list of priorities.

I still think it is a great idea, as a lot of Mineplex's community are long time members that are definitely older now, and I would hope are able to handle an uncensored version of chat. Though the feature probably will not be implemented anytime soon if approved, I think its an appropriate suggestion to tend to the older and maturer playerbase, as not everyone reacts to things the same way.

Posted Sep 28, 2020
  3. They completed the entire Skywars 3.0 update in a day, I think adding a togglable censor is doable in the same amount of time. It's not like they're working on anything atm. There's literally 3 different games dropped from Mixed Arcade and apparently they won't be readding them anytime soon even though it's a known bug and has been reported.

Simply having the censor as a default setting and players changing it to uncensored should be enough to allow swearing. If a player who shouldn't be seeing that type of language clicks the toggle so they are allowed to see it, that's not Mineplex's fault, that's the fault of the player.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 28, 2020
  4. This idea has already been proposed multiple times:

https://www.mineplex.com/threads/add-an-option-to-remove-chat-filter.99283/
    https://www.mineplex.com/threads/disable-chat-filtering.51000/
    https://www.mineplex.com/threads/smart-chat-filter-options-and-nsfw-channel.17767/
    https://www.mineplex.com/threads/lets-talk-about-this-filter.46074/
    https://www.mineplex.com/threads/adjustable-filter.3904/

With the following reason:

"This idea has been suggested countless times before and our Leadership Team has denied it. The reason for this is because Mineplex is directly affiliated with Minecraft and inappropriate language doesn't belong on our network. I'll be locking the thread since the idea is not planned."

Decisions like these decided by the LT are unlikely to ever change, and considering you haven't brought up any new points on why this should be added, I doubt this thread will accomplish anything.

Posted Sep 28, 2020
  5. Like I said in my previous post, I totally think this would be a great addition. I cannot officially speak on Mineplex's behalf, but there are definitely other things that are probably being prioritized right now, I cannot say for sure what they are. If there is development time that can be given to this, I would definitely support having this feature added.

Once again, I do not speak for Mineplex or their official position on this, but I know it is a strict take on the idea of censorship. This is a great way to have it implemented, if they are approving of the idea, which I do not personally see happening anytime soon.

Posted Sep 28, 2020
  6. I like this idea so I don't needd to hear words I don't wanna hear

Posted Sep 29, 2020
  7. For Mineplex's bedrock side curse words definitely will not be uncensored. There is a lot of younger kids playing bedrock and I mean A LOT. Everyday I play mineplex I will usually see some people talking in chat and there is a lot of kids. So I don't think bedrock would get anything like this. But java is different so I'm not gonna put my opinion on that.

Posted Sep 29, 2020
    Believerc and FluteVegetables like this.
  8. I don't think this idea will end well. If we has an option to stop censoring swears, that means it would not be punishable anymore. Without the threat of punishment for swearing, I think it would create significantly more toxic behavior, which makes Mineplex much less enjoyable to play on. I already see the filter bypassed frequently when playing Champions, which I would consider to have the most toxic community on Mineplex. If there was no threat of punishment for swearing, well than the more toxic players on Mineplex would likely do it frequently, and just be more toxic in general. The reason I believe this is a feature on Hypixel is there staff to player ration is much lower than ours, so they simply don't have enough moderation to deal with every chat abuse report they get, so they gave the preference to toggle the filter. But if you look at Hypixel, it is a more toxic place to be, espcially if your playing games that have toxic communities such as SkyBlock, BedWars, or UHC. Obviously higher player counts also have to do with them having more toxicity, but what I have mentioned also plays a roll.

Overall, I don't think this idea would help Mineplex, but just make it more toxic and less enjoyable -1

Posted Sep 30, 2020
    SPOOKY BOI LEGEND998 likes this.
  9. Hi!

This idea has been denied countless times by RC as Mineplex is a family friendly server and the option to disable the filter and swear and what not simply won't happen.

With this in mind, I will be locking this thread and marking it as not planned.

Thank you for sharing.

Thread Locked >> Idea Not Planned

Posted Sep 30, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.