• 1450 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 13192 Players Online
  • 11742 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Let more people build on these plots in lobby

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by joshi77, Dec 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maybe, let more people build on here? Maybe for Master Builder Achievement or something?
    Maybe let staff members assign who can build on it?

[​IMG]

Posted Dec 11, 2020,
    Last edited Dec 11, 2020
    mab8400 likes this.
  2. Hello!

I, unfortunately, strongly disagree with this idea for a couple reasons. The first being, moderation of those islands and what’s built on them would be incredibly difficult. It would be difficult for us to find a way to tell who placed what blocks, and how to make that information accessible to all moderation staff. The second being normally kits for games do not have anything to do with the lobby, meaning achievement kits help you in the game itself. Right now, the island is for builder+ staff to build whatever we want because we are more trusted with building appropriate things. I do not see this being added.

Posted Dec 11, 2020
    Dulciloquy, andr3w, Danese and 3 others like this.
  3. Yeah I thought so.

Also, certain games like Master Builder and etc. have "None" because of unfair advantages and all. But who said achievements can't grant you access to something else?

Then Moderation, yeah I agree. I wonder how this was managed last year, when you used to click on a Creeper to build. Not sure if I recall that correctly.

Who to trust is hard, unless for staff since they're trusted. I wonder if staff can assign people plots though, like Mods.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 11, 2020
  4. No, inappropriate builds.

The reason staff are allowed is because they know they will get demoted or otherwise extremely penalised if they build something inappropriate, and they are trusted they don't. You can't do that to community members, though. They didn't put in any effort to become a community member. Plus, they can use alts, etc, and that wouldn't be good at all.

I know this suggestions comes from a good place but unfortunately it won't happen. Maybe something similar could, but I don't know what that could be.

Posted Dec 11, 2020
    andr3w, pinfoil and unsorrowful like this.
  5. strongly disagree with this one
    as there are not many staff and dozens of lobbies, there would not be enough moderation.
    anyone could be able to sneak in an inappropriate build or something offensive.

i am going to give this a -1.

Posted Dec 11, 2020
  6. The first part of this statement is not entirely correct, implementing a rollback or grief plugin is very simple to do for the developers, that would detect who touched what block and when they did it. As well as giving permission to I'd say mod+ takes only a single command.

However, I don't agree with the idea as inappropriate builds are already too common in master builders so I agree it should stay only for staff

If this is to be implemented I believe that staff (I'd say mod+) should be able to grant the permission if they are watching them build and remove perms when it is done. But this is a time waste process.

-1 for me

Posted Dec 12, 2020,
    Last edited Dec 13, 2020
  7. Any Trainee aswell, or not?

Just add Plot Applications

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 12, 2020
  8. Well, you see trainees are up and coming, they are in training, and giving permissions to a trainee that give people permissions is a little high in power for someone just starting out and could possibly abuse powers you know.

Posted Dec 12, 2020,
    Last edited Dec 13, 2020
  9. Yeah, I'm aware of the issues.

Though, wasn't this done last year aswell? Just that everyone had access to it, by clicking on a Creeper?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 12, 2020
  10. Hi there! While this would be nice to have more people build here, this is simply something I can not agree on. The reason for this is the risk of people building something inappropriate would be too high. While there would be a lot of genuine builders, the risk/reward ratio unfortunately is not good enough and if we allowed everybody to build freely this would likely cause chaos. Staff are permitted to build in these areas due to them being trusted, and if they were to abuse their powers and build something inappropriate they would have severe consequences. The only way this could happen is maybe as a 'bonus' for players who are highly trusted or veteran Level 100's, but even then I still don't think we should be allowing community members to build.

However, I wouldn't mind seeing a feature that allows staff to grant building permissions to trusted community members (temporarily), and if they were to build something inappropriate the permissions could be instantly revoked and a punishment would be issued. This is still unlikely to happen as too many problems could come from adding this. Thank you for the suggestion(s) though!

- Lucas

Posted Dec 12, 2020
    joshi77 and PrettyChillDylan like this.
  11. lol MP be too kid friendly tbh...
    I would support it, but ofc MP would never add it. Even just for a select few with a clean punishment history kek

Posted Dec 12, 2020
  12. I personally wouldn't mind if there was an Immortal sub feature that let them build for a certain period of time. The inappropriate argument is really easy to put down because you can do the exact same thing in Master Builders, which already has a butt load of inappropriate builders that go unreported. Moderating hub builds would be extremely easy, every player re joins the lobby eventually; including staff members who can conveniently just look at the island to see if everything is all good. Not to mention it would make it even more easy to have these locked to certain lobbies, so when a staff leaves a game they can just /sv Lobby blah blah and its so easy. Barely takes any effort. Only concern on my end is how cringily the edaters will build. Still happens when staff build anyways but whatever lmfao

Posted Dec 12, 2020
  13. I sorta agree with this idea but it would have to be very severely moderated and tight on who is able to, and I think the work put into this probably outweights the benefit but let's see:

1. I can see this as a fun way to increase interaction with Staff/Community, I have seen players and staff playing stuff like Chess, Connect 4, Tic Tac Toe...etc on the Island before with Staff Building Everything, but with players being able to build now, its makes the game seem more "realistic" and interactive, if "Trusted" players can run these, they can spread it to other players in the lobby.
    2.With everything, this needs to be highly moderated at first and experimented with. Maybe Level 100 players, or players can request to build IF a staff member is in the lobby willing to spectate(Max 1 player at a time with Staff watching them), all this can be changed as necessary. If the experiment is a success for a while, the concept would be expanded and maybe 2 players can be there at a time and so on...etc
    3. The Time it takes for Devs to implement this, talk it through, plan, design, watch, have staff agree to this and agree to watch..etc all makes this idea probably currently unfeasible. We just dont have the time/nor resources to develop to such a "QOL" change for the community atm. The benefit is small compared to the amount of work devs have to put in for this. If even one player breaks these new building rules, not only do the restrictions get even tighter, but it puts this whole feature/experiment into question.

There's probably more but these are a lot of good points that really call into question this idea. Im not against it, but im not for it either. It can go either way, but it really depends on a lot of outside factors and important people's decision, but we will see.

Posted Dec 12, 2020
    okRen, joshi77 and PrettyChillDylan like this.
  14. Hey,

Joining any Master Builders lobby for any significant period of time will give you all the reasons why this is an atrocious idea. Especially when some of the people who build genitalia are, themselves, Immortals.

-Dan

Posted Dec 12, 2020
    anna., xSlowWifi, Fallen and 2 others like this.
  15. This sums up every point very neatly. It would be abused massively and is not a good look for new players joining the network!

Posted Dec 13, 2020
    Danese likes this.
  16. Apperantly, certain staff has that permission already, but it's not that ideal because I think it's a manually thing. If there could be a better way I wouldn't see it being a problem.

This entire idea sounds good but there are issues that need a solution or be solved. There are nice people and stuff, but get punished aswell because of the ones that would abuse it, so that this idea looks risky, unless it can be controlled better with like permissions thing, but that needs to be probably developed if not there already, so that the user would get immediately punished and their plot build deleted.

But still, wasn't there last year a Creeper NPC where anyone can build?

I wonder what "Housing" is doing. Didn't Mineplex had a "Housing" kind of thing. But what if the player pre-builds something and if approved they can let it appear in their plot but unable to edit it. This however would not be that cool because you can't edit it or interact with it.

What happens with all the highly voted build in Master Builders? And where did the report function go that would have sent the built and who built it to staff?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 13, 2020,
    Last edited Dec 13, 2020
  17. Hey there!
    I am going to have to strongly agree with this post! Letting community members build in these lobby plots would be really cool! Maybe they could make it a rank exclusive perk. And if a community member does build something inappropriate, staff can just ban them! Simple!
    +1

Posted Dec 13, 2020
  18. Hiya!
    I unfortunately cannot agree with this idea much. It would be difficult to moderate every single lobby. The amount of players, even if only available for immortal perks can severely be abused. Sometimes if I can recall, admins allow some community members to build on Staff Island, which is really cool as it's just for fun and can happen! I wouldn't want the server to have anything displayed that can be harmful or inappropriate to be shown to the public. Thanks for the suggest, I believe it is best if kept the way things are currently and perhaps in the future it can be implemented under certain conditions possibly (:
    Have a good one <3!

Posted Dec 13, 2020
  19. I will be marking this thread as Not Planned and locking it.

Staff are allowed to build on these plots as they are trusted to not build anything inappropriate, plus they have a lot to lose if they do so. Community members just can't be all trusted as well to the same extent.

It also wouldn't work as an achievement for a game. MB achievements stick to MB itself.

Thread Locked ➵ Not Planned

Posted Mar 5, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.