• 1598 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9144 Players Online
  • 7546 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Less toxic community? Points system?

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by cracking, Feb 15, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. this is facts bruh esp the staff
    muting players for the slightest stuff

Posted Feb 23, 2021 at 9:41 AM
    chungalunga likes this.
  2. Yo! Glad to see you! I am going to be marking this thread as "Not Planned" for a few reasons:
    • Just because someone says "GG" doesn't mean they are a non-toxic person. There would be many people who abuse the system for rewards that say "gg" but didn't actually encourage the good-sportsmanship, and just wanted to be able to purchase things. Saying gg has to come from the heart and to make the person feel good, not from the desire to earn something in return.
    • We don't want to implement automatic chat punishments. Often times people can say "L" or "ez" in chat to joke around with their friends, or to simply talk about a conversation of toxicity without meaning to actually be toxic, and we don't want to punish people when they don't have any bad intentions. Staff members should be in charge of handling chat punishments so they can use their discretion to decide someone was trying to be rude or not.
    • Additionally, we only look into bans for chat offenses for a very few amount of instances. We generally only punish players with a mute if they break a rule in chat.
    • The system would be easily abusable for games that are shorter than long games where you can spam "GG" after each game to maximize rewards
    Hopefully that covered everything and any additional questions that you had. For now I will be locking this thread. Thank you!
    Thread Locked>>Idea Not Planned

Posted Feb 25, 2021 at 12:37 PM
    chrvssy, Fusafez and WowCaleb like this.
  3. I think this is a great idea. Not only will it increase positivity it will also increase communication. Right now when a game ends, no one says anything at all. Just goes to the next game and so on. +1 from me.

Posted Feb 25, 2021 at 3:18 PM
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.