• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2579 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Less Than 10 Players Champions

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by SnailsAreScary, Feb 2, 2020.

1. Since Mineplex’s Champions takes 10 players to play often times there are not enough players to play and I wanted to propose a plan that Mineplex should make teams all the way to 3v3 to where it is 6 players 8 players or 10 players so then if there is not the required amount of players u still have a chance to play.
    (Things Required For This Change)
    If Mineplex were to implement this change they would probably have to make maps that would meet the criteria that 3v3 or 4v4 would bring to the table which would probably mean smaller maps with less capture points.
    Another thing that Mineplex would have to think about would be achievement kits because In my opinion the Champions challenges are very hard some require 4 or even 5 players, and that’s why I think that the achievement kits should only be unloc-kable in 5v5s. Although I do think wins should be accounted for.

Posted Feb 2, 2020
    tk427 likes this.
  2. Are you suggesting we create different gamemodes that can be queued separately? So do you choose whether you want to queue for teams of 3, 4, or 5? And if so, doesn't that split the player base even further which would make it even more difficult for games to start? If they are not queued separately, how is it determined which team size is chosen? These answers would affect my response, and would give some more essential information to your idea.

This thread will be moved to Game Alterations to garner more attention and make the idea easier to find.

Posted Feb 3, 2020
  3. I like the idea since games can take some time to start. My only worry would be that games could start at 7 or 9 players, so it would be unfair to other players. Yeah, it can currently happen if players leave, but it would not be as common as if we implemented this. I really cannot think of a way to make it so that these would not happen, so if it were to be implemented, it would just be a thing we would have to live with. I find that joining communities like CTF2 and KOTH helps to find players to join Champions games, but there are still times when games will be waiting on just a few people to begin.

Posted Feb 3, 2020,
    Last edited Feb 4, 2020
  4. No my idea would not be for them to be queued separately because I agree that’d make the player base smaller I would like to keep it all int he same DOM match. Jxcb that is the problem with DOM it all depends on the time of the day because when I play after school or in the morning no one is playing and this I think would fix that although I do think I’d or we’d have to think a way around and odd number player base like 5,7 or 9.
    Thank you for the feedback this was an idea of the top of my head but I would like it to be implemented and will try to think of ways around the problems you both mentioned

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 4, 2020
  5. I agree with allowing games to start with less than 10 because it is sometimes difficult for games to start. However, there is a concern that teams will be unbalanced so my suggestion is for the game to not start until there is an even number of players. For example, if there is 7 players and the game is 5 seconds away from starting it will wait for somebody to leave or for somebody to join.

Posted Feb 4, 2020
  6. Hey,

Whilst I agree that this would result in DOM games being able to start faster, and that would be beneficial helping people being able to play the game more, I think that there's also other issues at play.

The first thing that sprung into my mind when this idea was suggested was that the maps in the game would feel very large if there was only 6 players in the game. The maps for DOM are fairly large, and with only 6 players in the map, I feel like less gameplay would actually happen in comparison to with the normal 10 players. I guess this could be fixed by reducing the overall size of the champions maps, but that would be a bit of an effort for the build team and would only be necessary if this idea was introduced.

Whilst I personally would love to see DOM games start much more frequently, as DOM was my favourite game to play on the server a few years ago, I think that introducing this suggestion would result in less enjoyable gameplay for the reasons stated above, so I'm going to have to give it a -1.

~ TheGrandmaster

Posted Feb 4, 2020
  7. Grandmaster I addressed that and said that they would need to make new maps because of that and with equal capture points for like 3v3 there would be 3 and 4v4 there would be 4 and etc.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 4, 2020
  8. Oops, sorry! I missed that part of your post. Yeah, I agree that they probably would have to make new maps, which obviously mean that this is a huge change that you're suggesting. Not only would DOM be updated in terms of the functioning of the game, but they also would be updating all the maps as well. I would like to see this kind of change happen to the game, but since it's such a huge undertaking it seems kinda unlikely that it is going to happen.

Posted Feb 4, 2020
  9. Yeah I agree Grandmaster thanks for the feedback though

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 4, 2020