• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8291 Players Online
  • 5401 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Legendary use

Discussion in 'Clans' started by Louis/Yirzo, Jul 13, 2020.

1. I know this idea has come up before but hopefully you guys will see what I mean. If people think legendaries are too OP, too common. Why not just make the legendary carry limit let’s say; 5. If this was implemented, people would have to choose whether to take a lance, or a tooth for example. Without a cap, it’s nearly impossible to kill a GOOD legend user with full reinforced and a lot of assassins around them. COUGH.. Dominos

Posted Jul 13, 2020
  2. Geez man ima try not to be rude and just give you the facts. Getting a legendary in a clan or not is hard so getting g all 8 and using at once is rare. Two legendaries are not to op. They’re a little step up from a diamond sword with a special ability. Legends were made to work together why do you think they complement each other so well like bread and cheese. Also I would recommend swapping to a dif clan a server if dominos gives you to much trouble as they are a good clan and will be hard to stop

Posted Jul 13, 2020
  3. Make a trap? I've trapped at least half a dozen legend users this map.

Posted Jul 13, 2020
    Paiynz likes this.
  4. Sorry I forgot to say.. apart from a trap

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 13, 2020
  5. Just make a trap, I can say from experience it is MUCH more fun to stupidly trap someone rather than straight up killing them.

Posted Jul 13, 2020
    Paiynz likes this.
  6. its so easy to kill a legend user if you use your brain and a couple other people are there too that play smart.

Posted Jul 14, 2020
  7. Legendaries are legendary for a reason and shouldn't be capped. Also, what if you're carrying the max capacity and kill another legend user? You won't be able to pick up the legendaries. I just think to cap how many legends you can carry at a time shouldn't be a thing. Just play it smart with your clanmates/allies and you'll have a great chance of getting the legends.

Posted Jul 15, 2020
    Louis/Yirzo and Astai like this.
  8. You shouldn't be forced to leave legends on the ground, but possibly making it so you can only have so many legends in the hotbar, or so many legends that you're able to use. Right now legend users are quite powerful, and while adding a cap to nerf good legend users is a partial benefit, this would also allow for smaller clans (or clans closer to SOTW) to be able to use legends outside without fear of getting slapped by a fella with all 10.

Posted Jul 15, 2020
  9. People using lots of legends are very powerful yes, but they also had to work to get all those legends and they are risking a lot by going out with 6-8 at a time, because of this I think it would be stupid and somewhat insulting to better players to force a cap. We are already at the point where you can't have every legend and have everything you could possibly want in your hot bar so the cap already exists, reducing it further would be stupid in my opinion.

Posted Jul 15, 2020
    Louis/Yirzo and Border like this.
  10. Reducing it further would allow for more unique legend combos to be made. Right now, clans need to get multiple legends to prevent getting killed with one. As having just one or two isn't enough to pvp with.

Posted Jul 15, 2020
  11. I just realised that you wouldn’t be able to pick up more than the capped amount of legends. I think that would be the reason this would not be implemented:D

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 15, 2020
  12. This could easily be made possible. For instance, you can only have X legends in your hotbar at a time, or you can only select X legends, and you're only able to use selected legends.

Posted Jul 15, 2020
  13. pretty sure it would violate the eula if that happened

Posted Jul 16, 2020
    focus a and Border like this.
  14. I will remove your teeth fool.

Posted Jul 16, 2020
  15. He will remove your teeth. He is the LORD of teeth after all.

Posted Jul 16, 2020
    LordOfTeeth likes this.
  16. I'm also the Duke and Czar of them as well. Watch your step :)

Posted Jul 16, 2020
  17. Hey! I don't agree with the idea of capping the number of legends you can use. Legends are meant to be just that, legendary, and removing the ability to combine and utilize their abilities isn't something I am all for. Over the season's people have learned that legends surprisingly pair very nicely together, as they are meant to. Using just a wind blade will most likely get you killed very quickly as it gives you little to no advantage in terms of pvp, but in mobility it happens to the one of the best, followed by the lance as 2nd and the tooth in last. The thing is, I can see the issue with people using full sets but they are also putting themselves at a higher risk to lose more than if they just went out with 1-2 legends. The main issues with legends aren't necessarily that you can use multiple of them, as any 2 sins could technically kill a legend user if they knew what they were doing it's more that most legend users will have multiple members of their clan on to protect them or pick up the legends if they happen to die. So, instead of nerfing legends, I would rather see nerfs to power clans in general. Eventually, if the player base was returned to s3 and even s4 numbers it would be nice to experiment with 5-man servers, as this is what other versions of the Champions gamemode possess. But as for legends, I would like to see buffs to ones that people wouldn't want to use alone, like the broad or the tooth. Giving these legends a little more oomph when it comes to pvp might push people to use legends when they don't have complete sets or the "meta" (hyper wind scepter). Down the line I'd like to see more legends added, as currently, you can fit all 8 in your hotbar and still have room for an axe to use hold position or activate void. Adding more legends could diverge the meta and force people to make a choice about which ones they want to bring out when fighting. This means that fewer people will be running the same "loadout" (hyper wind scepter) and can lead to more interesting fights between legend users.

Posted Jul 17, 2020
    Louis/Yirzo likes this.
  18. LOL YOU'RE AMAZING

Also, allow me to give my own input on the situation: I personally think that legendary items should not be capped, and this is due to the nature of such items: they are to be legendary. They aren't supposed to be necessarily that easy to obtain, and therefore should be rewarding to the players who obtain them.

However, I do agree that some legendary items are too low-risk high-reward, and I believe that is the main issue in particular that needs to be tackled. I believe that players should be more encouraged to use them outside, and less inclined to use them inside, such as the Scepter or the Maul, which are legendary items that are frequently only used inside of a base.

Posted Jul 18, 2020
    Louis/Yirzo likes this.
  19. The problem is, is that legends are powerful enough on their own (with the exception of base legends) to be used when a clan has only one or two. Since they're so hard to get, most smaller clans or just all clans in general during SOTW can't get a hold of a full set to pvp with, and so most legends will go unused until later in the season. Adding a cap and maybe even buffing certain legends to make them more versatile would allow for players to get synergistic legends sooner and use them.

Posted Jul 19, 2020
  20. dude you don’t even use sets or play clans why are you talking

Posted Jul 19, 2020