• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6493 Players Online
  • 6493 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Legend UUID Portrayel

Discussion in 'Clans' started by BilboBT, Feb 9, 2021.

1. When you die with legends, it should state the UUID's of the legends you die with in chat. That way if you die with legends to hackers and you have your computer to be able to save the last 5 minutes but haven't shown your UUIDs in 5 minutes, they will still be showing in some form. I lost a whole set of legends once because my recorded bugged and sliced half my Hotbar away, so this would be a great addition. The current system is flawed because its really a pain to have to be always recording, have your auto recorder saving thing be past 5 minutes, or just hover over your legends in your inventory every 5 minutes. This would be a really helpful solution.

Posted Feb 9, 2021
    Fusafez likes this.
  2. I like the concept of this but a simple solution would be to clip/screenshot your legends before fighting. Then you could just show it to the staff team and have your legends returned. If you want your suggestion to be seen then I would recommend putting it in the Mineplex Clans Discord. There is an ideas channel that is reviewed by clans insights. If they like your idea then it will be brought up during their meetings. Dm and add me on discord zuk#1369 for an invite to it!

Posted Feb 9, 2021,
    Last edited Feb 9, 2021
  3. the only problem i have with this is the fact that most people dont clip that long and sometimes forget to record UUIDS

Posted Feb 9, 2021
  4. I feel as though there could be a way better option than sharing the legend UUIDs in chat. This could allow other players to report the lost legendaries as theirs and lead to many problems. Perhaps we could make a GUI, which could be activated by a /legendaries command, that would pop up all the previously lost legendaries by you this season, which could allow for staff members to not only check if a player indeed lost the legendaries and for the user to check the UUIDs on his own.

I feel this could benefit everyone, not just staff members by allowing them to develop a good legendaries return system, but also players with lower-end computers that cannot record while using valuable items.

Posted Feb 10, 2021
    Roody, Jarif, Im_Ken and 1 other person like this.
  5. or possibly a command to do ./UUID while holding a leggie and it logs it in MCD and when you do !uuid in MCD discord it would send you a DM

Posted Feb 10, 2021
    Lightsaberrlx and zuk like this.
  6. +1

Posted Feb 12, 2021
  7. That'd be a solid idea. A mod option for this would be to track the UUID of the legendary and show which players have recently held it in their hands/inventory to track where it's been passed on to - incase someone cheats and then logs with it on their alt.

Posted Feb 12, 2021
  8. Maybe a command to see UUIDs and which legends you were using in a certain period of time?

Posted Feb 13, 2021
  9. I don't really think showing legend UUIDs in chat is really the best option. If you know what a UUID looks like (talking about the players who have never seen one before), they're long, spammy and ugly, for example: 1df9f495-76fc-4477-beeb-9fe457a1c8cc. If you had a player going around spam killing nakeds with a hyperaxe, it's going to become annoying because of their length and how repetitive they are. I think by announcing them in chat, you're also underestimating how long UUIDs actually are, they cover almost an entire chat line on the window. Imagine a 36 random alphanumeric string being sent in chat every time someone gets a legend kill, merged with the kill message itself.

[​IMG]

This could be countered by making UUIDs shorter, hence not using UUIDs at all. It's possible, it just limits how unique the ID can be and procedures to prevent duplicate IDs would need to be implemented.

As for legend tracking though, I don't think it's as simple as broadcasting the items UUID, because even then, if you've had previous experience with trying to retrieve a hacker-taken legend item, you can't do it without the legend UUID, video of the hacker killing you for the legend, a valid full-screen screenshot of the item with the UUID showing etc. It'd be better having a snapshot plugin to record all interactions with the legend and just have it so CMA+ could find what happened to it using the UUID as the index for the lookup. Interaction saving plugins are hard to create though, that's the issue.

Going from your post, given that what you need to actually retrieve a hacker-stolen legend (previous paragraph) isn't strictly limited to the UUID, even if you knew the player who stole the legend and knew the UUID of the item, you'd still need the recording that you said corrupted/broke which means that the idea you've made might not be able to be used in the way that you proposed. :c

Posted Feb 13, 2021
    rejudge likes this.
  10. Yeah no I didn't mean public chat, I meant a private chat that just showed for you.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 14, 2021
  11. Yeah, stuff like that could easily be forged with a mod that sends you a message after you die on a random legendary UUID. A GUI would be at least way harder to replicate. :P

Posted Feb 14, 2021
  12. well, the thing is with the "Imagine a 36 random alphanumeric string being sent in chat every time someone gets a legend kill, merged with the kill message itself." from macho. it would probably be best for when you die get a message from like a /a format giving those UUIDS to record and prove incase you got hacked on

Posted Feb 14, 2021