• 246 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5395 Players Online
  • 5149 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Implemented Leaving UHC games

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Koxuh, Aug 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Okay, so first of all I'll start by saying that relogging is glitched completely in UHC and you can't relog at all in any point of the game.
    If you don't already know this, I've recorded a video for you:

This will probably be fixed in the next patch when the uhc is officially released, hence I'm not here to discuss this but rather use it as an opening for the idea that I have.
    Right now, not only is relogging impossible, but when you leave games you're completely gone and so is your loot, at any point of the game.
    I've lost quite a few games because someone I've been fighting for a while gets to one heart or something, without healing obviously, and intentionally leaves the game so that the loot is lost and the kill is not possible to get anymore.
    Basically the solution to this problem is really short and simple; add a zombie npc with the player's name over it that will stay in the game for 5 minutes (or so) after the player disconnects, at any point in the game.
    The NPC can be killed, and when it is, the zombie will obviously die and the loot will be put in the chest along with the player's head.
    If the player reconnects within the timeframe, without being killed, you can assume that the zombie will disappear and the player will be put into its place.
    The zombie will, of course, have the armor of the disconnected player on it, so that it doesn't get one shot or killed too fast if the player fails to connect right away.
    I feel like this is a great idea because it'll fix the problem of people quitting the games they've already lost so that the person fighting them has less chance of winning, and it's a great idea because there's literally no harm in adding it and it'd just make the game even more awesome than it already is.
    Of course, the teammate of the player would not be able to kill the zombie, and the zombie would take fall damage if it's been dug under (the zombie won't be floating in the air if the blocks below it disappear).
    Let me know what you guys think of this idea, thanks for reading the thread!

Posted Aug 27, 2020,
    Last edited Aug 29, 2020
  2. They already have similar code to this used in clans for the combat loggers. +1

Posted Aug 27, 2020
    Parkzr and Koxuh like this.
  3. Hello!

I'm going to give my comments about specific parts of your reply to show my point of that.

That issue is known for some time already and it will be fixed most likely in the next patch for UHC, so it wasn't really necessary to include it on this thread. It only happens for normal players but staff members are able to rejoin a game since we can always join UHC servers. When that patch will happen, nobody can't say right now since it all depends on the Developer who was creating that game and his availability. It will be released once it will be possible to do.

We already have combat logging for all games on the network for around 2 years now which has been added in this update. That also should include new UHC since games system is the same for all games on the network besides Nano & Clans. If you hit a player and within some minutes, he will disconnect from the server, you should be awarded a kill but in case of UHC and other games with rejoining support (CW & BR for that example), if players left server when rejoining is still enabled (technically not for normal players in UHC right now due to bug), you aren't supposed to get a kill because it could lead to duping stats, so it's most likely was intentionally disabled here. Also, if rejoining is disabled already, it should drop player items as well as award a kill but while rejoining is still enabled, it won't drop, yes since it could be so weird to drop items if you are still able to reconnect and also, it could lead to duping of items with that old rejoining system.

Most likely in your situation rejoining was still enabled (it's enabled until Day 4 start), so after a player who got low health left a game, you weren't awarded a kill and their items didn't drop, so it's basically what most likely happened for you.

I understand your concern here that if your teammate or enemy leave a game, it can be so bad because you will lose all their loot but it should be like that only before Day 4 started because after rejoining will be disabled, it should award you a kill if someone disconnected during a fight. I will most likely agree with you that having an NPC can be good to have in that game and that idea was even brought up before during UHC testings by QA/T. I'm not against to have and it most likely will resolve that problem but most likely it will require to create another rejoining system since the current one is the same which we have in other games with rejoining support which may take a while to be created OR do some deep changes to the current one.

Overall, I just don't exact opinion about that idea since it's a bit specific one here, so I won't give any grade for it but that can be cool to see that from a visual point of view since it can clearly let players understand rejoining system. Thanks for bringing that topic anyway!

------------------

We do, yeah but Clans has nothing common with our games system, so it's technically won't be possible to move it from Clans to normal games engine and it would need to be created from ground up to work correctly even when there can be some common visual aspects.

Posted Aug 29, 2020
    Paladise and Koxuh like this.
  4. Hey there! I'm going to mark this thread as "Implemented" and lock it now. As you are probably aware, the disconnecting bug is fixed, as players can now disconnect and reconnect. As for your idea about an NPC spawning upon disconnecting, we have implemented a very similar system in the most recent UHC update. Your idea has been addressed here:
    - Rejoining will now spawn an Armorstand. If killed the player will not be able to rejoin.

you can read about the full update In the Mineplex Discord "java-changelog" channel.
    Thank you for your ideas!!

Locked >> Idea Implemented

Posted Oct 25, 2020
    anna dot and nolawn like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.