• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11409 Players Online
  • 8519 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Leaderboards

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Aweary, Aug 1, 2020 at 12:58 PM.

1. First off, if this has already been suggested then ignore this, but I haven't seen this be suggested before.

I think that a great alteration to make to the ingame leaderboards would be to, at the bottom of the leaderboards add, almost a personal section, in which if on daily leaderboards will show your daily wins and for weekly show your weekly wins and so fourth. It may be a possibility that it could even say what place that would put you e.g. #11 or #38. I feel like this could motivate players whom are in that top #20 to play and win in order to get onto the global leaderboards.

Another idea that I was thinking could be implemented is to, in the lobbies add a daily, weekly and all time leaderboard for exp earned so that the mp grinders can be rewarded and again if the personal section is implemented could motivate more players to grind and reach the global leaderboards.

Thanks for reading :)

Posted Aug 1, 2020 at 12:58 PM
  2. Hey!

I definitely agree with what you are saying here! I would love to see this added in a future QoL update, as I do agree that it would motivate players to play more and grind for globals.

From a quick look on the forums, I found this thread and this thread (item 16) that are fairly similar to this idea; not really relevant, just wanted to let you know ^-^ But again, I definitely agree with this idea!

Now regarding exp leaderboards, I do want to point out that there is an unofficial Mineplex Stats Discord bot, in which you can find everything from the leaderboard of a specific achievement to the weekly exp gain leaderboard. If you want to see these stats you can definitely use this!

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
    Thank you overall for sharing this idea! Definitely a +1 from me :D
    ~ Bobert / Erik

Posted Aug 1, 2020 at 1:25 PM
    Laylq, Disgruntle and Aweary like this.
  3. Thank you very much for your feedback and yes I often use the stats bot, but I was just thinking it could be something that could be added for those whom maybe don't use discord. Have a good day!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 1, 2020 at 1:44 PM
    Legend998 and Disgruntle like this.
  4. Yeah this is a great QoL idea, it can help motivate players if they see they're #11 and 5 wins behind the #10 spot for weekly wins instead of just being in the dark about where they are or relying on the stats bot that doesn't update as often as the in game leaderboards. Would the xp leaderboard in lobbies be the most exp earned in the gamemode you're playing or just server wide xp earned? Aside from that question, I entirely agree with this thread.

Posted Aug 1, 2020 at 2:14 PM
    Defactorial, Disgruntle and Aweary like this.
  5. Thank you very much for the feedback and I was thinking just overall wide spread xp seeing as through the stats bot you can find said information out through 'statlb g e d/w' I thought it could be implemented in game as well. Have a great day!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 1, 2020 at 2:33 PM
    Disgruntle and Augend like this.
  6. I’d really love to see this! I often attempt to go for daily/weekly leaderboards and dislike having to either remember where I started (wins wise) or checking the website constantly. Being able to see where I stand in-game without extra steps would be great to see. +1

Posted Aug 1, 2020 at 3:15 PM
    Legend998, Disgruntle and Aweary like this.
  7. Hey again Aweary, I'd love to see this added, thanks for suggesting it! It would definitely give players outside top 10 on leaderboards more of an incentive to grind.

Posted Aug 5, 2020 at 1:03 PM
    Aweary likes this.
  8. Thank you very much for your reply! Have a good day!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 5, 2020 at 1:04 PM
    Disgruntle and IHackedJake like this.
  9. Thank you very much for your reply! Have a good day!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 5, 2020 at 1:06 PM
    Disgruntle likes this.
  10. Woahh awesome suggestion!

I used to kinda get on top of daily and try to keep my position. At this point don't really care for it cause I just grind missions now! I do love this idea it can be super helpful for all the players. Yeah there is a stats bot for discord, but I really don't have patience to do that haha. It's best if at the bottom to see your ranking, and if you are already on the board that extra space just goes away.

Also for the Lobby section, where would you place these ranking/leaderboards? I feel like a designated place should be made in the lobby to have these displayed! I believe it's not so difficult to obtain and would have players always checking their ranking with their exp, honestly maybe even adding leaderboards for shards!
    Very well made thread good luck with it! I am totally on board with this idea.
    <3

Posted Aug 5, 2020 at 1:17 PM
    Aweary and Disgruntle like this.
  11. Thank you very much for your reply. The position for the leaderboard in the lobby is what I have been struggling with because obviously you want it to be noticed but don't want it ruining the asthetics or view of anything important so I was thinking maybe down on the left by the mine, but still not too sure. Thanks again! :)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 5, 2020 at 1:24 PM
    Laylq likes this.
  12. Hi! I would not mind seeing this added. I never have the time to play that much so I rarely see myself on the leaderboard to begin with. However, I would like to be able to see how many wins I have gotten in a given day or week. Additionally, I think this would be a great way to encourage players to continue playing, especially if they see that they are only a few wins away from showing up on the leaderboard! +1 from me:)

Posted Aug 5, 2020 at 1:46 PM
    Disgruntle and Aweary like this.
  13. This is a great idea and I'd really like to see it added. When I was grinding SB a while ago, I would often want to know my position on the daily/weekly win leaderboard, which you obviously can't see in-game unless you're in the top ten. It would be so much more quicker and efficient if your position was shown at the bottom of the in-game leaderboard like you said, and I see no real reason why this shouldn't be added! Nice idea!

Posted Aug 5, 2020 at 3:24 PM
    Disgruntle and Aweary like this.
  14. Thanks a lot for your reply, have a good day!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 5, 2020 at 3:36 PM
    Disgruntle and Pirq like this.
  15. Thank you very much for your reply, have a good day!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 5, 2020 at 3:37 PM
    Disgruntle and Dallarth like this.