• 833 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5747 Players Online
  • 4914 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Lava Escape

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by epiceyeball, Jan 23, 2021.

?

does this idea suck

Poll closed Feb 22, 2021.
  1. yes

14.3%
  2. no

85.7%
  1. So, I had an idea of a gamemode called Lava Escape, let me explain how it could work:

You're trapped in a facility with 3-9 other players. Your goal is to escape the lava rising in a rapid speed. To escape, you must jump off different platforms and press buttons with your teammates to continue.

The buttons will only be accessible by teamwork, and after you press all of them, you'll be able to continue. The lava keeps rising and rising, and if you touch the lava you'll lose 4 hearts. That means that if you touch the lava for 3 seconds or 3 times, you'll die and lose. The goal is to get to a portal before the lava reaches you. As soon as you touch the portal, you win the game. Everyone who touches this portal will win.

I think this could be cool, like deathrun but upwards and people don't trap you. I used to play flood escape 2 on roblox, and I totally LOVED IT. I would play this everyday if added to mineplex.

Posted Jan 23, 2021
    Laylq likes this.
  2. I really like this idea as I said in the Discord! I think it would work really great for Bedrock and could do well in Java too if the player base increases slightly. I played Flood Escape on Roblox as well, and I'm with you - that's a whole other degree of entertaining

My only issue with it is if it were completely revolved around teamwork with no way to move on solo, I think that games could easily be trolled or stalled because players don't know what to do or want to annoy other players. Therefore, I think that the buttons needed to move forward should be accessible to everybody, but there should still be some teamwork element to it.

This is my idea:
    • The more people that end up surviving, the more gems everybody gets (a very small increase);
    • Mini lore element into each map; everybody could be wearing the same clothes like dyed leather armour to show they are a part of the same team.
    For example, imagine a space station map - everyone could be dressed in dyed white + grey leather armour and, if possible, a glass head like the space suit costume on Java. That would make them appear as astronauts escaping the station, heading toward a space ship/portal.

Posted Jan 23, 2021
    epiceyeball likes this.
  3. Heyoo!
    Sounds pretty cool to me. I can see this being added more to Bedrock than I do for Java. Personally, I would love to play this it sounds super fun! The fit for mineplex Java edition of this new gamemode doesn't quite fit as well as it could for Bedrock edition. The more players the better, so starting only at 3 wouldn't be as fun as perhaps 9 or more. The player trapping adds a lot of fun twists to the game that could alter who wins. Instead of everyone winning, maybe 1st, 2nd, and 3rd would be better perhaps? Just some ideas I wanted to input on and hope your thread gets seen too! Thanks for making this thread, good luck in the future too!
    Have a good one <3!

Posted Jan 23, 2021
    epiceyeball likes this.
  4. I really like this idea honestly. I personally dee this game coming to bedrock but not Java. Bedrock has a bigger player base, and I think this game is perfect for it. It sounds really fun too. I would defiantly like to see this added in the future. +1

Posted Jan 23, 2021
    epiceyeball likes this.
  5. Thanks for commenting! I think the 1st 2nd and 3rd place decreases the teamwork, since people will want to be fastest into the goal by letting other people press the buttons. i love seeing people like my idea :) thanks

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 23, 2021
    Laylq likes this.
  6. Thank youu :)

OP OP
  7. Thanks for commenting :)! I think the gem idea would be cool, and yes, that's a bit too much teamwork, now that you mention it. The lore would be cool too.

OP OP
    maevestarbaby likes this.