• 1057 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5227 Players Online
  • 4170 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Laptop or Desktop?

Discussion in 'Surveys' started by Jet The Hawk, Jul 8, 2019.

?

Which kind of computer type do you prefer? a Desktop computer or a Laptop

1. Desktop Computer (explain why)

18 vote(s)
    51.4%
  2. Laptop (explain why)

17 vote(s)
    48.6%
  1. Poll is above

Posted Jul 8, 2019
  2. Well your able to carry your laptop, and I have multiple desks all over my house so if I’m bothering anybody I just go to different places in the house

Posted Jul 8, 2019
  3. Couldn't of said it better myself.

Not only that, you can transport it to anywhere you want. Just pack it up and travel 5,000 miles away with no worries. Computers are a bit more tricky in that scenario. Plus, I just love my laptop's compactness. Computers just look like a bundle of wires and boxes (at least from what I've seen) and (especially since I don't use a mouse) laptops seem so much more cleaner.

Posted Jul 8, 2019
  4. Right now i play on a year 2015 macbook air and i had no problems with it other one of the keys popping out on me. I fixed it myself and i have almost no problems with it. The startup disk is running a little low but its really fast. I normally get 100-80 fps. I also have a windows computer buts is a piece of crap and very slow. I want to sell it but i dont think its worth anything

Posted Jul 8, 2019
  5. Hey!

Personally, I mainly use a laptop since it is easier to carry around. As a result, I have more access to Minecraft, and Mineplex, with a laptop, as opposed to using a desktop PC.

Hope this helped!

Posted Jul 8, 2019
  6. the fact that a desktop is loud as hell and that you can't move it more that a millimeter makes me want to use a laptop

also i travel w/ it

Posted Jul 8, 2019
  7. I prefer laptops because most decent laptops can run MC, and they're also portable so you can bring it to school around the house.

Posted Jul 8, 2019
  8. I prefer desktops. Now, the reasoning is they perform 10x better. Not only that, but, they are easier to use (in my opinion) sure you can't move it around much cause of its heavyweight but it is meant to be gamed on, not to move 10x around the world while being used haha. They both have their advantages, however, players don't play just MC and my desktop gives me 10x the amount of fps I get via my laptop. Plus, laptops are prone to getting viruses more (at least that happened with mine hence why I had to wipe it 10 times in the past 3 years of having it) while windows defender for my pc is amazing.

Overall, PC's are more expensive and are worth it. Laptops can go bad in a few years while desktops can last up to 10+ years.

Posted Jul 8, 2019
  9. The desktop is more powerful compared to the laptop. I have a gaming desktop computer with dual monitors. This PC is 2 and a half years old, and it’s still functional. The graphic card I have right now is GTX 1080. It still run lots of games. I use a gaming desktop sometimes.

I have several laptops too, but I don’t use multiple devices at the same time; I have a gaming laptop, and I use it rarely. The laptop spec looks great, but I don’t think it’s necessary for me to use it everyday. Right now, I use a 2011 laptop, and it still run a few games. I have this laptop for a long time, and I was surprised.

I’d say it depends on the circumstances whether you use a desktop or a laptop. Laptop is easier because you can carry your device around.

Posted Jul 8, 2019
    Kyuine likes this.
  10. I'm not so educated in the differences, however I think I have a laptop.. It's an Alienware that runs Minecraft, Roadblocks (yes, I purposely spelled that wrong), FortOfTheNight (Yep, that too.) Etc. pretty well. I like it :)!

Posted Jul 8, 2019
  11. You see, I have to say desktop. Laptops aren't as powerful as a desktop and that's what I look like. It's not as common for a normal desktop to shut off and refresh at random while I know people where their whole laptop crashes. Though I'd love to have a laptop I think a desktop would be more worth the money!

Posted Jul 10, 2019
  12. I've used both in the past, and I have to say, it's all based on preference and what you like to do. Personally, I do any schoolwork/programming on my laptop because usually it's a hassle and I don't tend to enjoy doing actual work sitting in one spot. However, when it comes to playing games, I definitely prefer to use my desktop. Minecraft runs perfectly fine on my laptop, however I don't only play Minecraft and some of the other games I enjoy require more power than a laptop can provide. Also, I have dual-screen monitors so it's easy for me to play games and watch a video or browse the forums on my other monitor.

Posted Jul 10, 2019
  13. Hi, I've had desktops all my life accept when I was 7 and had a bad hp laptop, I built my first PC a 11 years old it was a decent PC, I used it for around 4 years, I just built a new one, with a 1060 graphics card, i5 processor, and 32 gigs of ram, I personally suggest building your own PC, if you do the budget range could go from 200-2000 200 being a decent gaming PC, and 2000 being a high end one, its a lot of fun to build pc's, you learn a lot from the experience, the only real reason I would get a laptop is it I was moving a lot or travailing places, I also have dual monitors which is pretty cool I mainly use them for coding and digital art but thats mainly why.

Posted Jul 10, 2019
    Kyuine likes this.
  14. I personally prefer desktops, because quite simply Its much more powerful.

Posted Jul 10, 2019
  15. Laptop, you can use your computer in bed, duh.

Posted Jul 10, 2019
  16. Desktop, why? It's better

Posted Jul 11, 2019
  17. Both? Lol primarily use desktop, but use laptop for travel or to go upstairs

Posted Jul 11, 2019
  18. Hey there!

Personally, I really like laptops. This is because they're portable, meaning you can take them anywhere with you. I would love a PC however I don't need one as of right now because I have a laptop! It may not be the best laptop but it's great.

Have a great rest of your day!

-JYTG

Posted Jul 12, 2019
  19. Right now I play on a laptop and am currently saving for a desktop. Though I like that my laptop is portable and I can move it wherever I want, I much prefer a good desktop because they typically run games better and I can add/change parts and whatnot. I also don't really bring my laptop anywhere else besides my house, so I'm not taking advantage of the portability of it anyways. In a perfect world, I'd want both a desktop computer and a MacBook.

Posted Jul 12, 2019
  20. I play on a desktop and will be switching to a laptop. You might ask why, well quite frankly, laptops can be taken anywhere, and usually perform well depending on the company you buy it from. Desktops just sit there like a bump on a log, almost no portability whatsoever.

Posted Jul 12, 2019
    Tripsy likes this.