• 781 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3360 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Lag in Christmas Chaos

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Ocelotguyy, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Hey everyone, I don't usually make forum posts but I just wanted to see if anyone else was experiencing lag when playing Christmas Chaos? (ping/connection not FPS) I'm pretty sure it's not Mineplex itself lagging as everyone else in the game seems fine. It is specifically Christmas Chaos so idk whats happening.

- Thanks, Ocelotguyy

Posted Dec 2, 2019
    Lila likes this.
  2. Exactly, I'm lagging in that game more than in other games on Mineplex. Also It is randomly teleporting me back sometimes.

Posted Dec 2, 2019
  3. Yeah, same here. My ping in general is pretty horrible but when it comes to Christmas Chaos I just get stuck in the same place and I'm not able to move at all until I finally die by something. I figure it's because of the sleigh (since each block is an individual entity) but it wasn't this bad last year. I already won a few times (by dying at the start and having others finish the game) but yeah, it's not just you who's having lag issues.

Posted Dec 2, 2019
    FluteVegetables and Ocelotguyy like this.
  4. With all of the game mechanics and movement going on in this particular game, I can see why lag has been such a problem. The main area that I have a problem with is the moving green & red parkour and the lines of snowmen. During the parkour, I'll often freeze for a few seconds and get kicked off of my platform. It is a highly intense minigame that is focused on a multitude of mobs and moving parts so I would be surprised if there wasn't any lag at all. However, the developers have plenty of time to fix these issues as the month has just begun. I'm sure that they are widely aware of these lag issues and are diligently working on getting them fixed, we just have to be patient.

Posted Dec 2, 2019
  5. Yea, I'm constantly lagging with CC. It's got bad enough to the point of unplayabilty, because Santa keeps killing me with his sleigh. Good thing my team carries me when I'm dead!

Posted Dec 2, 2019
  6. Ye I suspected it was santa's sleigh because a similar thing happened with Halloween Havoc this year with the molten snake. Often in that section my ping would increase.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 2, 2019
    Klobby likes this.
  7. I sometimes have lag, but other times I don't.
    Most of the time I don't
    ._.

Posted Dec 2, 2019
  8. Makes the game quite unplayable at times.
    Do you get timed out/kicked with a fallback server message to the Lobby?

Posted Dec 2, 2019
  9. maybe the mobs give u bad internet

Posted Dec 2, 2019
  10. Here's a new perspective for ya: I don't lag in Christmas Chaos! It sucks that it's a widespread issue, though.

Posted Dec 2, 2019
  11. I was playing Christmas Chaos II, and I don't have any issues with the gameplay experience. I heard that grabbing a Christmas Present where you mine the cobblestones cause the lag. I'm not sure if that's true? I never got timed out during the game, and mine is perfectly okay to me. Maybe you need to adjust your internet quality speed and optimize your video settings.

I hope that these two methods will improve your gameplay experience!

Posted Dec 2, 2019,
    Last edited Dec 2, 2019
    saltyfishhy likes this.
  12. maybe set ur dns to the one one one one thing that’s what i do

the dns is here: 1.1.1.1
    second dns: 1.0.0.1

Posted Dec 3, 2019
  13. I don't really have a whole lot of issues or lag when playing Christmas Chaos.

On the very rare chance, however, I do run into some lag at the color changing parkour. Other than that, it is all fine for me.

Posted Dec 4, 2019