• 929 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3508 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Kit selectors in Cake Wars

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by NoHacksJustGavin, Dec 2, 2019.

?

Should there be kit selectors in every Cake Wars map?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. No

15 vote(s)
    83.3%
  1. Hello everyone! I am here to tell you that I think every cake wars map should have kit selectors because every kit in cake wars is balanced.

Here is how this idea works:
    You have kit selectors at the start of the game, and you have until cake rot to change your kit. The limit to select a kit per game of cake wars is two switches. They are only available at your team's base, and the cooldown is 5 minutes. However, if your cake gets eaten, then you won't be able to select the kit you want anymore until next game.

Comment down below if you have any thoughts.

Posted Dec 2, 2019,
    Last edited Dec 7, 2019
  2. the kits arent balenced but ok lol

Posted Dec 2, 2019
    Mitchy, mab8400 and FluteVegetables like this.
  3. It is a 0 until the fix Warrior lmao

Posted Dec 2, 2019
    FluteVegetables likes this.
  4. Hey!
    Tbh i don’t think this would be a great idea for multiple reasons. Players may find many ways to easily abuse this feature and make the game unplayable for others. Say if you’re trying to kill someone and they casually just change to Frost to slow you down, then they go builder to suffo you, then archer to try and hit you off the map, this can cause an imbalance to the game and make it un joy able for players. -1

Posted Dec 2, 2019
  5. Well just like turf wars, the kit selectors would only be available at their spawn bases so that it wouldn't be unfair.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 2, 2019
  6. I feel as though it still might be unfair, even if you can only change your kit at spawn. With turf wars, the game stays constant throughout. The only thing that changes is the size of each team’s turf, as well as the placement of wool. None of that really gives any particular kit an advantage over another kit. With cakewars, the game is changing throughout. Different teams die, people go to different locations, there’s bridges being built throughout the whole game, etc.

Someone could constantly switch from builder kit when they’re trying to build out from their island, and then go back to their spawn and switch to archer kit whenever they see someone coming toward their island. Something like that isn’t really fair in my opinion. You’re using multiple kits throughout in order to give yourself a bigger advantage. In a game like this, you should only be able to use one kit. Each kit provides a specific advantage to that player.

Posted Dec 3, 2019
  7. Everyone would have that advantage, and I added a one minute cooldown so that it's not too unfair.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 3, 2019
  8. This would be an indirect buff to frosting. Frosting is already not fun to play against, so no thanks.

The main downside of frosting is that you don't get to middle as fast as builder in the beginning of the game. If this got implemented, you could just rush mid with builder, and then be frosting for the rest of the game.

Posted Dec 3, 2019
  9. I would literally just do that, plat to mid and sides, and then just frost spam my way to getting cakes

Posted Dec 3, 2019
    FluteVegetables likes this.
  10. Lol I feel like ive helped you do that before my dude XD

Posted Dec 3, 2019
  11. we've only played pb together lmao

Posted Dec 3, 2019
  12. Ok, I changed the cooldown of selecting kits to 5 minutes to make it more fair.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 3, 2019
  13. Still tho
    --- Post updated ---
    Only changes that CW needs are changes to frost, and maybe if they wanna increase the price of a pearl.

Posted Dec 3, 2019
  14. Balanced...Frosting....hm.. doesn't seem to go together well lmao

Posted Dec 3, 2019
  15. That doesn't fix the issue.

This idea doesn't contribute anything to the game, it only introduces new issues.

Posted Dec 3, 2019
  16. Well the way that frosting should be balanced is that the slowness should be removed because I'm tired of being slowed down by players using frosting kit.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 3, 2019
  17. I'm not the biggest fan of this idea. I understand that in other games where you respawn you can continue to change your kit like in Turf Wars, but I do not think that it would be as applicable in Cake Wars.

First up, Cake Wars just has completely different mechanics. The deaths in games with kit selectors are usually pretty fast (think Turf Wars or Castle Siege), but in CW, the deaths that occur usually take much longer after full-on fights. Kits here make all of the difference, so changing it sounds pretty unfair in my opinion since you can get an idea on how a specific team works and then use your kit to be able to go directly after them once knowing how to target them.

Additionally, I find that players would be switching between kits too often in order to be able to get the biggest advantage that they can. A player would use frosting to knock someone off when bridging to mid and then quickly switch over to builder to get mid as fast as they possibly can. Since we already allow players in all games to be able to switch their kits for the first few seconds, I find that to be enough time to switch, so I really don't see there being a need to have this in place.

Posted Dec 3, 2019
    Jqyd3n likes this.
  18. Heyo!

I’m not a fan of this idea either. I don’t really think it will suit the game at all. I’d also like to point out that why would it only be added to Cake Wars? If it was to be implemented would it then be in other games like Sky Wars, The Bridges ect.

I also feel this will be abused with people continuously changing kits. As Jacob said, during the first few seconds of the game you can still change your kit, so I really see no point in this being added. It’s a -1 from me but thanks for suggesting!

Posted Dec 4, 2019
    Jqyd3n likes this.
  19. Turf wars would still have kit selectors, and in cake wars, they would be in their teams's spawn points. The point of adding them in is that they can select whatever kit they want to use. The reason for this idea is because you can respawn in cake wars.
    --- Post updated ---
    Guys! Guess what! I heard that frosting kit is going to be nerfed, so the kit selectors in cake wars shouldn't be a problem.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 5, 2019
  20. Hello,

This is a very cool idea you've come up with here, but there are many different positive and negative reasons to this being implemented. Firstly, being able to switch kits in cake wars games can be handy for players if they accidentally selected the wrong kit at the start or they just want to try out different kits they just bought in one game instead of having to wait until each game is over to test out a new one. Secondly, if this were to be implemented people could abuse this feature as in switching kits during battle to gain an advantage over other players making the game unplayable. Furthermore, there could be a cool down for switching kits or you're only allowed two-three kit switches a game. This could make the kit selectors in Cake Wars actually have a chance at being added.

I'm going to leave this as a +0.5 because of the reasons I've stated above.

Happy suggesting,
    BlackConfig.

Posted Dec 5, 2019