• 467 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2992 Players Online
  • 2525 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Kit Ideas

Discussion in 'Survival Games' started by Jango_55, Apr 5, 2019.

?

What do You like of these

1. New Kit

33.3%
  2. Assassin Change

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Both

66.7%
  4. Neither

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. I've had 2 ideas on my mind. One is for a new kit while the other is a change to Assassin. I wanted to start off w/ the New Kit, It works as follows: The player w/ the kit would be given 2 abilities, 1 Somewhat of a force-field or basically the opposite of Blade-Vortex where the player would be able to use this to knock opponents out of a 4-6 block radius and at the same time dealing 1 heart of damage to them while adding 1 heart to yourself. 2 The player w/ this would also be dealt 50% less non-melee damage (axeman/archery) while taking 25% more melee Damage (allowing a good counter to axeman and archer kit similar to how Barbarian is a counter to teams). The idea for Assassin kit is: Backstab would be taken from 2+ from behind an opponent to 1+ to make room for the ability to blind an opponent for 2-3 seconds (ability recharges every 15-40 seconds) and upon every kill the assassin would be given speed 1 for 3-5 seconds. (every thing else would stay the same w/ assassin)

Posted Apr 5, 2019
  2. The problem with the change to assassin, in the old knight kit. I think everyone thought that the old knight was very over powered, because of the blinding affect of it. Now, you're also dealing more damage from behind (+2 is very good), which I think would cause it to be overpowered.

I'm still thinking of the first kit, it's definitely way overpowered how you suggest, but those numbers can be easily adjusted.

Posted Apr 18, 2019
  3. About the new kit:
    I think that first ability sounds a lot like ground pound, just instead of fall damage it's just damage. Recieving 50% less projectile damage sounds pretty good, except receiving 25% extra melee damage sounds a bit ridiculous, that is basically adding another level of sharpness to everyone elses weapons (a regular stone sword would deal damage of sharpness 1 stone sword, a sharpness 1 iron sword would deal damage of sharpness 2 iron sword, etc) they would get absolutely shredded in most melee situations despite their only other ability being something designed around being in melee.

About the assassin change:
    I agree with __p about blindness being a bit OP/annoying. But I like your other change with the speed 1 after a kill though, that would be a nice bonus, maybe could replace the 50% less fall damage since personally I never thought that was very useful.

Posted May 15, 2019

4. I meant 0.25 more dmg. per hit not 25%. Sorry for the confusion.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 15, 2019
  5. I feel that the 50% less non-melee damage would not be very good as there are not many people playing archer/axeman. I think it would almost be better as 25% less melee damage and something like 10% more non-melee damage, tell me if I am wrong.

Posted May 25, 2019 at 9:13 AM