• 3345 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11256 Players Online
  • 7911 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Kit Ideas

Discussion in 'Survival Games' started by Jango_55, Apr 5, 2019.

?

What do You like of these

1. New Kit

15.4%
  2. Assassin Change

15.4%
  3. Both

53.8%
  4. Neither

15.4%
  1. I've had 2 ideas on my mind. One is for a new kit while the other is a change to Assassin. I wanted to start off w/ the New Kit, It works as follows: The player w/ the kit would be given 2 abilities, 1 Somewhat of a force-field or basically the opposite of Blade-Vortex where the player would be able to use this to knock opponents out of a 4-6 block radius and at the same time dealing 1 heart of damage to them while adding 1 heart to yourself. 2 The player w/ this would also be dealt 50% less non-melee damage (axeman/archery) while taking 25% more melee Damage (allowing a good counter to axeman and archer kit similar to how Barbarian is a counter to teams). The idea for Assassin kit is: Backstab would be taken from 2+ from behind an opponent to 1+ to make room for the ability to blind an opponent for 2-3 seconds (ability recharges every 15-40 seconds) and upon every kill the assassin would be given speed 1 for 3-5 seconds. (every thing else would stay the same w/ assassin)

Posted Apr 5, 2019
  2. The problem with the change to assassin, in the old knight kit. I think everyone thought that the old knight was very over powered, because of the blinding affect of it. Now, you're also dealing more damage from behind (+2 is very good), which I think would cause it to be overpowered.

I'm still thinking of the first kit, it's definitely way overpowered how you suggest, but those numbers can be easily adjusted.

Posted Apr 18, 2019
  3. About the new kit:
    I think that first ability sounds a lot like ground pound, just instead of fall damage it's just damage. Recieving 50% less projectile damage sounds pretty good, except receiving 25% extra melee damage sounds a bit ridiculous, that is basically adding another level of sharpness to everyone elses weapons (a regular stone sword would deal damage of sharpness 1 stone sword, a sharpness 1 iron sword would deal damage of sharpness 2 iron sword, etc) they would get absolutely shredded in most melee situations despite their only other ability being something designed around being in melee.

About the assassin change:
    I agree with __p about blindness being a bit OP/annoying. But I like your other change with the speed 1 after a kill though, that would be a nice bonus, maybe could replace the 50% less fall damage since personally I never thought that was very useful.

Posted May 15, 2019

4. I meant 0.25 more dmg. per hit not 25%. Sorry for the confusion.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 15, 2019
  5. I feel that the 50% less non-melee damage would not be very good as there are not many people playing archer/axeman. I think it would almost be better as 25% less melee damage and something like 10% more non-melee damage, tell me if I am wrong.

Posted May 25, 2019
  6. Hello,

I agree with JMPhase for the forcefield idea, it sounds very similar to the ground pound... as it gives players the ability to knock opponents up in the air - it retrospectively gives you the time and space to either escape or to get into a better position.

As for the additions to the Assasins kit, I love the idea of temporary blindness when using the backstab feature, it would give the kit a valuable ability which is completely different from the other kits - this is very important when introducing new kit ideas or possible changes to original ones. I would love to see other players views on this idea!

Posted May 28, 2019
  7. The new kit seems too similar to Brawler which also knocks players within a few blocks airborne. This would then make Brawler useless because there is a kit that that has a larger ability radius but the player also gets 1 heart back. I would also change the melee damage reception increase to 10%. There are only 2 kits that have a projectile upon spawn so the 50% range damage reduction does not make up for 25% more from melee. A name this kit can be named is "seismo."

Your change to assassin kit would make it overpowered. Blindness is a huge disadvantage in PvP, especially when you get back-stabbed. The assassin user can strafe around and it will not be easy for the victim to counter because your viewing range is significantly crippled when blinded. With the other, I think the way assassin is right now is just fine. Dealing 2 more damage on sneak attacks and only being able to see the name tag within 8 blocks already grants the kit a good set of perks and abilities.

Report a User | Report a Bug | Apply For Java Trainee | Rules| My Profile

Posted May 28, 2019
  8. Herro!

As some have stated before, the ForceField ability sounds like a ground pound with guaranteed damage. This seems like a little better in my opinion, making brawler useless. Also, getting a heart back is very overpowered, because if you're running from someone, you can leach health from them, and push them away from you. After, all you need to do is turn around and finish the job, as now there's a chance they're lower than you, giving you the advantage. SG is supposed to be based off of skill for the most part (meant to be, whether you think it is or not), and an ability like this that could change the fight around would be very powerful.

As for the assassin changes, I don't think that the change would be balanced at all. Blindness is incredibly powerful in PvP, and it was removed from the Shocking Hider kit in BH for this exact reason. I think assassin is already a pretty balanced kit, and it doesn't really need the change to make it balanced.

I think overall I would give this idea a -1 because of the reasons above.

Posted May 28, 2019
  9. To be honest I don't like them

Posted May 30, 2019
  10. Honestly, I think that the new kit idea is okay and I would like to see it added to the game. The assassin kit change however, I do not like. For one, I think that the blindness would make the assassin too overpowered. As you said, it would only be for a few seconds, but a few seconds can definitely turn the tables on a battle. There's really no way to counter this as if you made the time of blindness shorter, it would be too short, making the class futile. All in all, I like the assassin class the way it is, but I think the new kit should definitely be tested as I think many will enjoy. Great ideas!

Posted Jun 2, 2019
  11. Hello!

I don't like the new kit idea. Forcefield seems way too overpowered and definitely unbalances the game. It renders other kits useless, such as Brawler. Neither do I like the kit changes. The kit change also unbalances the game as having a blindness effect, even for a few seconds, can ruin the PVP fight. Sorry, but I'll be giving this idea a -1.

Posted Jun 2, 2019
    Jango_55 likes this.