• 2078 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4657 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Kit Ideas

Discussion in 'New Kit Discussion' started by Jango_55, Apr 5, 2019.

?

Which Idea do you like More

1. New Kit

44.4%
  2. Assassin change

22.2%
  3. Both

11.1%
  4. Neither

22.2%
  1. I had an Idea for a new kit in SG and also had an idea for Assassin kit. So let's jump right in (metaphorically). I wanted to address The new kit first, the Idea of it is as follows: The player w/ Said (achievement?) kit has two abilities. the first is a force-field kind of thing, almost similar to Blade-Vortex, but instead of pulling the opponent around, it pushes them out of a 4-6 block radius dealing them 1 heart of damage while giving you one heart. The second thing is being dealt 50% less damage on non-melee attacks (axe-man and archery) while being dealt 25% more damage on melee attacks (sword/axe). Assassin Is a different, and my idea is that We would change back-stab from dealing 2+ damage to 1+ damage while giving the assassin the ability to blind an opponent for 2-3 seconds (ability re-charges every 15-40 seconds) And upon killing an opponent you the assassin obtains speed 1 for 3-5 seconds (nothing else changes).

Posted Apr 5, 2019
  2. Moved to New Kit Discussion

Hey! Just letting you know that I’ve moved your thread to New Kit Discussion. I don’t really play SG so apologies if my opinions on your idea are inaccurate in any way, and sorry if I’m not really able to give you that great of feedback.

Personally, I think the kit ideas that you’ve suggested are definitely interesting. I can see where you’re going with then, but for now I don’t think that SG is in need of new kits. The game has a lot currently, and I’m not sure if there are plans for a new kit. I think that the idea of pushing players out 4-6 blocks would be a pretty neat addition, though. I can’t really comment on your idea for the assassin kit since I don’t really use it when I do play.

Posted Apr 5, 2019
  3. Hey!

Unfortunately, I don't think Survival games needs a new kit. I think the game is probably the most balanced and fair game on Mineplex. I think adding a new kit would be unnecessary, since there are so many kits to choose from and adding more would just be overkill in my opinion. I think if a really well thought out kit that could work in SG were to be suggested, maybe that could be added? Otherwise, I honestly don't think SG needs a new kit since there are so many and there really isn't need for a new kit. Your idea for a new kit is interesting, but I think it's similar to the brawler kit with the pushing player blocks away feature. The rest is just standard stuff so I won't comment on that. Overall, I personally don't think that SG needs another kit, but if one is to be thought off, I wouldn't be opposed to it being added into the game.

Posted Apr 6, 2019
  4. 850 characters 0 newlines -> 350 characters 6 newlines
    TL;DR:

I don't think Survival games needs a new kit, as there are so many already. There is no need for a new kit. Adding any more would be overkill, but I wouldn't be opposed to adding more.

Maybe a well thought out kit could be added?

This idea is interesting, but similar to brawler.

SG doesn't need another kit, but I'm not against adding more.

Posted Apr 6, 2019
  5. I
    I did contradict myself in this post, but it was on purpose. I just want to make it clear that I am not against a kit being added into sg, I just don’t think it is necessary since there are many kits. I could’ve gone more in-depth for my reasons for contradicting myself, but my logic is if it’s not broke don’t fix it. SG is by far the best game when it comes to kits since it’s balanced and there are many kits that counter each other, it’s very balanced and adding a new kit could cause bugs and possibly unbalance the game depending on what the kit is.

Posted Apr 6, 2019
    TL;DR likes this.
  6. Your new kit idea seems balanced on paper so far. A name idea for it could be footman.

+0.5

I believe your edits to assassin kit make it too overpowered. When the opponent is blinded you can just run a few blocks back and shoot them a few times, by then, they have probably lost at least a few hearts. Combining that with speed after killing them makes it unstoppable. I suggest you remove either the blindness or speed.

Report a User | Report a Bug | Apply For Java Trainee | Rules| My Profile

Posted Apr 7, 2019
  7. I agree with the above posts that sg is not really in need of a new kit (And honestly it's one of the few games that actually has pretty balanced kits right now). However, I do think the concept of the new kit is really cool and interesting, and if they do push another sg update, I would totally be onboard for that kit to be added. As for Assassin, I think it would be better to either make it +1 damage with the blindness ability, or keep it +2 and add the speed thing. I think both the blindness and the speed perk might be a tad unbalanced.

Posted Apr 7, 2019
    Jango_55 and Fall like this.
  8. I like the new kit (which shouldn't be an achievement kit, maybe 8000 Gems?). It seems very interesting and I'd like you to expand on that. What is it called? What else is there to know about this kit? The 25% more damage from melee should probably be changed to 10%, whereas the 50% less damage from non-melee attacks should be changed to 10% as well.

Assassin kit is perfectly balanced (as all things should be *insert Thanos here*) how it is. Adding two new abilities would make Assassin the following:

Backstab: +1 damage from behind
    Assassin's Eye: View all players on your map for 5 seconds (55 second cooldown [I think])
    Blind: Blind opponent for 2-3 secs
    Speed on Kill: Speed I or II on kill.

This would be way too strong, so Assassin should remain the same.

Posted Apr 9, 2019
  9. @Jaekub The new kit idea was planned to be a counter to Archer and Axeman, due to them being the only kits that don't seem to have a counter. As @Animalll stated, SG is one of the most balanced games, but not vs Axeman or Archer, unless you think that those kits cancel each other out and if you think that, then be my guest.
    Though I do not find it very fun to play either of those kits, so unless I want to bore myself in SG (my favorite game [and if it was boring then why play it]) i'm simply far less likely to win. As for the perks of the kit, I'm perfectly okay w/ getting rid of the part where (w/ the force-field) it deals one heart of damage while giving you one heart and changing 50% less damage to 20% less damage and 20% less KB from non-melee attacks (Axeman and Bows) and being Dealt 20% more damage from melee attacks. Plus, changing the blocks you're knocked back to 3 for anyone in that 4-6 block radius.

For Assassin kit, it was just ideas to improve a kit that seems to be just situational due to it's only real uses are taking 50% less fall dmg and backstab, both of which are things that can only be used in rarer circumstances than that of other kits making it less valuable than desired.
    --- Post updated ---
    This is the post I was talking about.
    --- Post updated ---
    I am definitely willing to take the punishment of saying This Was My First POST!!!!!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 12, 2019
    Xukuri likes this.
  10. Hey there!

The new SG kit idea you have given seems neat, and I think it would be cool if it were to be added. One suggestion I have as the kit seems a tad bit underpowered is maybe when the forcefield move is used, the player it was used on gets weakness for (blank) seconds? I do agree with the others that Survival Games isn't in dire need of a new kit, but if they were ever to consider adding another one, this would definitely be a contender to me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't play Clans/Champions and therefore do not have adequate knowledge to provide an opinion on the Assassin kit changes you have suggested.

Posted Nov 18, 2019
    Jango_55 likes this.