• 1517 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8183 Players Online
  • 6666 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Kit Balancing

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by 73GG, Sep 23, 2020.

?

What is the best part of SSM?

1. The Gameplay

2. The Community

3. The Maps

4. All of the Above

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Hi guys!

I am working on a complete kit re-balancing document that I am eventually going to make public on the forums! I have consulted a couple of members in the community on what they think is strong and why, but I want to hear the voices of all the community!

Don't hesitate to post below what you think is strong, weak, too op or too undertuned. This will help me gauge a more accurate document with the opinions of the community!\

Do you think a kit needs a change? Tell me what that change should be! Why should we implement that change? What value would it bring? These are all questions to consider when formatting your responses. The more you guys contribute, the better the re-balancing can turn out!

Furthermore, please indicate to me any kit bugs you have encountered and whether they are a regular occurrence or just a one-off. Such information can definitely be included in the document!

Finally, if you know of a friend who may not see this forum post but would love to get involved and share their opinion, please let them know to add my Discord below!

So let me know your pet peeves either below this thread or feel free to Direct Message me your opinions on Discord: 73GG#7373

I look forward to hearing from you all!

Posted Sep 23, 2020
  2. Alright, here are some ideas for balancing kits in ssm.

These are not all my ideas most are taken from other players this is mostly a list of suggestions
    Skeleton:
    Make barrage arrows deal 5 damage and make rope and regular arrow do 5.5 instead of 6 damage for all arrows.

Iron golem: Mostly a balanced kit, just fix the bug where fissure hits but doesnt deal damage and the glitch where it can sometimes skip certain blocks. Maybe also give seismic slam slightly less aoe.

Spider: Most changes have been said before. Reduce spinweb radius by about 20-30% and make it so that the item drops dissapear after the web hits (to prevent double webbing). Give directional jumps less velocity or make them use xp bar. Increase cooldown for needler.

Slime:
    Reduce regen from 0.35 (or whatever it is) to 0.25. Reduce slime slam damage from 7 to 5.
    Reduce slime rocket kb by a bit.

Enderman:
    Reduce block toss damage cap from 9 to 7 and remove the ability to increase the velocity of blocks by hitting them midair. Also remove the glitch where you can sprint while holding blocks. Also reduce blink distance by a few blocks. Maybe its just me, but I don't think a kit with 7 damage melee and ability to instantly teleport like 12 blocks does not need a powerful ranged ability that is a whole block wide.

Squid: I think the stats just need a buff to make up for the lack of a viable ranged ability.

Creeper: Decrease sulphur kb slightly and/or increase cooldown. Also change lightning sheild to make it not completely immune to ability + melee combos. Possibly by adding a cooldown for it or making it manual.

Wolf: Reduce damage cap to 7 and restart the damage for frenzy once the wolf has been hit. This will make it so that if your opponent is able to trade your hits, your damage wont add up. Also reduce wolf strike damage and make it so that if the wolf is hit while it is active, it won't deal damage. (Do same for all collision abilities actually).

Magma Cube: I honestly havent played this kit enough to know the best rework for it. Just please fix the smash crystal bug.

Snowman: I don't see much wrong with this kit actually, not enough to where I struggle using it or fighting against it at least. I can't really think of a rework or see why it would even need one.

Wither Skeleton: Increase wither swap cooldown and slightly decrease wither skull's knockback. I find this kit more annoying than anything else tbh.

Zombie: I hear a lot of complaints about this kit and while I understand why, a few of the suggested nerfs would make the kit completely unviable and unusable. I just think that the melee damage should be reduced to 4 but everything else kept the same.

Cow: I also don't see many major problems with this kit. Only things that should probably be changed are the angry herd hitbox (I notice it being larger than the cows), and maybe nerfing stampede charge time.

Skeletal Horse: I also don't understand a lot of the criticism this kit gets. Sure its annoying, but its one of the easiest kits to counter with nearly every kit having options. Though, I wouldn't mind it getting a rework to make it less skill-less and cheap.

Pig: Remove nether pig form but make bouncy bacon land more consistently (if its possible). Make bacon bomb a more viable recovery or replace it completely.

Blaze: Rework inferno to make it a combo ability and less of a hold right click ability. Any change to firefly that doesnt make the blaze immune for nearly half of its life is a good thing. Overall, this kit isnt that bad though, it has very little potential and thats why inferno should be used for combos instead.

Chicken: Increase armor but reduce mobility. Or make the xp bar charge slower passively on the ground but make it charge up from landing abilities.

Guardian: There have been many suggestions for this kit but its mostly about nerfing target lazer damage buff for whirlpool axe. I think as a tradeoff guardian should be able to approach a few kits like snowman which have abilities that do fixed kb (I think).

Sheep: Decrease the time it takes to place a mine and detonate it. The time it takes is usually enough for most kits to escape. Slightly increase static lazer dmg, and fix the wooly rocket bug.

Villager: This kit is mostly fine except for the sonic hurr damage. Reduce it by like 4 or 5 damage because its op when paired with attack. I think there can also be a few minor changes with the cycle arts but I think sonic hurr damage is the only major problem with villager.

Posted Sep 23, 2020
    73GG and Wildbrandon like this.
  3. Hello!

I do think it is interesting that you are interested in contributing to Super Smash Mobs. However, I believe the best way is to join the Game Insights Discord! You can find more information about Game Insights @ https://www.mineplex.com/threads/game-insights-introduction.58802/. The brief run down is that the discord is a place for people to collaborate and create update proposals which can be sent to Development. To join the discord just dm one of the members (list can be found in above link) and ask to join. In there, you can then navigate to the #super-smash-mobs channel. There already is an update proposal doc for SSM here. Hopefully you can reference what you already have and then propose to add it there also. Hope this helps :)

Posted Sep 23, 2020
    Susie likes this.
  4. Thank you for making me aware of the previously made document. I will use the information to help further elaborate on my own doc!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 24, 2020
  5. Wow! This is great! Thank you very much for all the information you have provided here. I imagine that probably took a little while to write out lol.

I am definitely in agreement with some of the points you have mentioned and have even considered them myself. I will definitely be including some kit changes you have constructed. Awesome work!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 24, 2020