• 59 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5886 Players Online
  • 5827 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

King of the ladder in Nano Games

Discussion in 'Nano Games' started by 28Yoshi, Oct 2, 2020.

1. King of the Ladder- Does anyone remember king of the ladder in some lobbies or games? Of course you do!
    I have a few ideas on how to make this happen.
    1. Tournament. Similar to Gladiators, Make it have 2-4 people join one room, where the is a pillar of blocks, say 20 blocks high, and the contenders battle it out with sticks with knockback. Have a point system like this: 1= 10, 2= 5, 3=3 and 4=1.
    2.Have a tournament system where the first half to the goal continues. Use byes if necessary.
    3. Free for All. Maybe do a system where first to 3 wins is the winner.

Posted Oct 2, 2020
  2. Hi 28Yoshi!

I like this idea for a NANO game! It doesn't sound too complicated, nor too easy, which is exactly what NANO games are! For as much as I play Minecraft, I've never played King of the Ladder before. Haha, is that bad? I've played King of the Hill several times when I was younger in real life, and I thought it was super fun, so I'm sure King of the Ladder would also be fun! My only concern with this game is possibly the length of time it'd take to complete it. NANO games are all about being quick and fast, and this version that you proposed might take a while with 2-4 people per room and having the first-half advance. I would say either have one person advance in that small group or have one big lobby with everyone and the first person get and stay at the top wins. Comparing that to having a 2-4 person group with the first half advancing, it would go by a lot faster, in my opinion. Overall, this sounds like a great game to add to NANO, and hope to see in the rotation sometime! This idea would also possibly work, having it in the Mineplex lobby for players to do when they're not in a game or are waiting for one. Thanks for sharing! +1

Posted Oct 2, 2020
    partyin, TheBlueComet and Amg like this.
  3. Thank you! The first half advancing does sound faster. It's honestly up to the admins. Any version of this game would be a blast!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 2, 2020
    allegient™ likes this.
  4. Adding to what Mr.Allegient had to say, I think this a fantastic idea for Nano! I think it’s a super simple, but a challenging type of mini-game that would really have players compete against each other. I like the concept of your idea of a tournament based KOTL, but I think to make this game mode quicker, the players in the lobby should be split into two groups and essentially the two winners from each group will be moved to a final lobby for a 1v1 on KOTL. This would make the game go a lot quicker. Overall, I support this idea and feel that it would be a great addition to Nano. Thank you for sharing. +1

Posted Oct 2, 2020
    allegient™ likes this.
  5. Yo!

Interesting game idea! I remember playing King of The Hill on one server a while ago and it was definitely one of the more fun games, so it'd be cool to see it added into Nano. With what you suggested, I think the main concern is the time it will take to finish the game, if we are judging it off of the first person to get to the top then that specific round ends, it will probably take way too long to finish since every game has to be under 3 minutes now. My suggestion is to give the 4 players 15 seconds to get to the top. Whoever is at the highest point or at the top will get the most points, then second will get the second most and so on. In case people decide to try to tie for points by not even climbing the hill, we can make it to where you only get points if you are on the hill. Rounds will keep going until the 3 minutes.

Another way this game may be implemented is if everyone spawned in the same place and the longer you are at the top of the hill, the more points you get. Either way both ways seem very fun and maybe with even adding other items such as a double jump would make it even more interesting. Thanks for the game suggestion :D

Posted Oct 2, 2020
  6. If you have any ideas on how to make this game shorter, I'm all ears. Your ideas sound very good. I would be open to some variations. A "top half moves on" sort of deal would be great! Since you are are a mod, I assume you have a lot of say in this sort of deal. Any variation of this game would be awesome! Thank you for taking your time to write this reply.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 2, 2020
    ItsFree likes this.
  7. Seems pretty decent. In my opinion the first option would work the best if this game was to come out, but possibly with the 1 on 1 option instead of 2-4. I also feel like what free said is a pretty good point, there should be a some time limit so the games don't last ages, as nano games are meant to be short after all.

I don't really have anything else to say, but this is still a pretty neat idea regardless :)

Posted Oct 3, 2020
  8. I would love to see KOTH added in Nano Games!

As KOTH doesn't really deserve it's own game/arcade game, I feel nano would be perfect for it! I do indeed remember hitting people off of the mountain a while back, and it was fun while I was waiting on party members or just wanted to do other things yet not focusing too hard on a game at the same time.

My ideas for Nano KOTH include (may use some ideas of above users):
    1. A time limit. A time limit is essential for not causing lag/causing players to camp and also no stalling. This is important in KOTH, as party members who are stalling for fun would not make the experience great for others.

2. A big hill, with lots of players. I do understand that people wish to 1v1 privately, in tournament style. However, if we want a more classic KOTH experience, this isn't gonna be a simple one on one. This would be Bawk Bawk, chaos style KOTH. No small hill, a big hill for lots of players. This would also make it much easier for players to submit maps, not worrying about the crazy duplications in the tournament bracket style.

3. A border closing in. The main point of a border is to assure whoever is left on the hill.. is the winner. This will slowly eliminate players after about 10 seconds of the game starts. As players go into the border, they get eliminated. The last person who isn't touching the border or if somehow multiple people become the King/Queen of the hill, it could count them both as the winners. Although I don't think this idea would be the best, it's definitely an option to consider

4. A points system. This points system could be like good ol' reverse tag, which in case any new nano forum users aren't aware of is a points system which counts every second a player is the one tagged. This could be implemented in the form of players standing on "generator" blocks that counts every second the player is standing on the generator(s) for. Meaning by the end of 30 seconds or whatever the time limit may be, the closest player to 30 points wins.

To conclude, I would love this to be added. Thanks for making this idea!

Posted Oct 5, 2020
    partyin and ilyLegend like this.
  9. UPDATE: If this game is to be implemented, this is going to be the ruleset.
    FIRST HALF MOVES ON.
    There will be a ladder 15 blocks high. The first half of players will move on to the second round. Then, there will continue to be 30-Second rounds. A lot of people had the concern that the game would be too long. The game will always be 2 and a half minutes long or less.
    To comply with the under 3 minute ruleset, there shall be no more than 5 rounds. Here is the chart:
    24-12, 12-6, 6-3, 3-2. 2-1. If each round is thirty seconds, then this will be at most two and a half minutes long. Additionally, if no players reach the top, the closest half to the top will proceed. Also, to add difficulty, the ladder height will increase by 5 blocks. There is a catch, though. All players will get a stick with the Knockback enchantment. This will increase by 1 each round to add extra strategy.
    Thank all of you for your input. I hope this makes it into rotation. Have a great day.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 10, 2020
  10. This is an amazing idea and I'm loving watching the development of this thread. I currently have no input so just +1 from me :)

Posted Oct 11, 2020
  11. Hey, this sounds interesting but also very similar to Bawk Bawk's Wrath, in which the objective is to knock players off the platform and the last player(s) on the platform wins. It would definitely be interesting to see something more along the lines of KOTH though, so I'd be happy to see this added to NANO. Thanks for the idea and good luck with getting it processed!

Posted Oct 11, 2020
    Ryan9116 likes this.