• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5251 Players Online
  • 5251 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Kill Effects

Discussion in 'Survival Games' started by Aaron., Aug 25, 2020.

?

Would you want kill effects to be a thing in this game?

Poll closed Sep 1, 2020.
  1. Yes.

53.8%
  2. No.

46.2%
  1. Hey!

So I've recently posted some kit reworks and balances some of which (Or all? I forget) have a certain kill effect. I've taken an interest in this idea as I find cleaning very annoying and I'm sure is something annoying to you players as well. The point of kill effects to me is to briefly give a player time to prep for another fight or punish another player for attempting to clean someone who won a fight. Unlike on Hypixel (As an example) these kill effects are much more brief.

The following outline for a kit in SG should have 1 passive, 1 ability, and 1 kill effect. For some kits there can be exceptions but this is how I believe everything should roll.

Posted Aug 25, 2020
    Hubble likes this.
  2. I think there should be certain kits with kill effects and certain kits without. Choose your playstyle. Every kit should be viable in its own way, not necessarily copying the same format. What would you do to Bomber, for example? It has two passives and an ability. Are you going to remove something?

Posted Aug 25, 2020
    Aaron. likes this.
  3. Imo those two passives should be merged. I dont think doing that would be broken. But every kit should be viable in their own way ig.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 25, 2020
  4. What about assassin? It’s entirely passives. Fall damage reduction, backstab, and the (not very useful) compass. Currently I’d say the compass needs a buff, and you’ve even made a suggestion post for it which is comprised of all passives. What ability and kill effect would assassin get? Or is it exempt?

Posted Aug 25, 2020
  5. Kill effects is certainly a controversial topic. Most of the players for SG would be rather split on this, as, like fore-mentioned, being cleaned up can be quite bothersome when playing SG. However, it can also be quite troublesome for teams mode for a few reasons which I will list below:

- 2v1's. When someone is good at the game, they can typically take a 2v1. adding this reward for killing their teammate only makes them stronger and harder to kill in the long run, especially for those who already can barely take down someone when 2v1'ing them.

- Assists. How will the buffing effect affect players in team mode? It's pretty common sense that only one person can secure the kill, but what happens in the case that both team mates have done damage to the person or multiple people have damaged them? (since +2 can happen in a large fight).

- TNT, beast master, necromancer, cleave, archery, and other kit ability kills. Of course, we've all blown someone up or shot them with a bow while running to secure a kill, but what happens in the case that someone dies from barbarian's cleave? Personally, cleave is already super powerful and I would HATE to see someone getting a health boosting effect while in a 2v1 and securing a kill by cleave, thus making them more powerful than they already were. I've also seen people killed by brawling fall, necromancer hit, beastmaster's wolf tackle, and other various kit abilities. How might each ability effect the receiving of the healing effect?

Of course, there's a lot of things to consider in coding such a thing and which kits might or might not receive such a change/tweak. I love the idea and whole heartedly agree with adding various passives over the kit spread, but I think the idea of adding a healing effect to all or even a few kits might be slightly overboard and repel players versus attracting them (especially OG players).

Posted Aug 25, 2020
  6. Its sort of exempt. I have an idea for it but Im not gonna bring it up unless my current idea isnt liked.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 25, 2020
  7. I believe it'd be fair then if only some kits received a kill effect bonus. Unlike on Hypixel (Which is only an example), the kill effects I'm interested in implementing wouldn't last long at all lasting around 3-5 seconds probably.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 26, 2020

8. I think offense-oriented kits would benefit the most from kill effects. Knight having a kill effect instead of its current damage reduction passive could be a good idea, for example.

Also, you keep referring to Hypixel’s kill effects, but I’m afraid I’m unfamiliar with them—how long do they last?

Posted Aug 26, 2020
    Aaron. likes this.
  9. Honestly Knight is so perfect that I really refuse to do anything with it. Hypixel's kill effects last 10-20 seconds depending on the passive from Speed 2 to Flaming Arrows. I believe Kill Effects should be applied to kits that could use an extra push to be on par with kits like Knight or Archer for example.

OP OP
  10. Archer seems weak to me as it is currently. I think Knight is pretty well-balanced, same with Bomber and Brawler.

Posted Aug 26, 2020
    Aaron. likes this.
  11. Archer needs a rework but you're right it's well-balanced for the most part. I want to implement something into archer to make it more skill based. As for Bomber, I have to use that kit for a bit to really see if it's balanced to me as well. As for brawler, it needs a buff because it got nerfed a little too hard during the last update.

OP OP