• 784 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3363 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Kill Based Champions

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by Lotas, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Kill Based Champions

As of now, not only is there a problem with CTF never being played due to the lack of players queuing for the game, but there is problems with people not playing Domination by the way it was meant to be played. Lots of players only play Champions to kill players, not to play the objective by capturing points and getting gems. I've heard a lot of people talking about bringing TDM back, but it was already removed and is just generally too short.

This game mode would be similar to TDM, but instead of being eliminated after death, you would respawn again. It would be a point based system with 50 points per kill just like Domination. The objective of the game would be to reach a certain score. An alternative to this would be to have a time limit, it could be somewhere around 10 minutes, and whoever has the most points by the end of the timer wins.

It's Just a general idea, and wondering what the people in the community would think about it!

Posted Dec 3, 2019
  2. Hey!

I read what you said, I do like the idea of a Kill-Based Champions idea. You're right as well saying that players just try and get kills, but you didn't mention another factor on how the game isn't always played. Player will just chill and talk instead of capturing OR killing. I don't think that this should be added however because Domination has more to do and just killing isn't much of a game.

Posted Dec 3, 2019
    Lotas likes this.
  3. Yeah this is the general idea should there ever be a TDM remake. I know the CCL used to have "Elimination Scrims" where the only way to gain points was through kills but I don't know whether those are still a thing.

Posted Dec 3, 2019
    Lotas likes this.
  4. Hey Bossitive,

I totally understand where you're coming from thinking it wouldn't be much of a creative game, but I still think it would solve the problem of people not playing the objective in DOM, and it makes me feel like they would rather just have a battleground to play on rather than sitting on points and going after gems. I also really do feel at this point that CTF needs to be replaced due to the fact that not enough people queue for it to ever start a game.

Thanks for the feedback,

~ Lotus

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 3, 2019
  5. Thread Moved to New Game Discussion

I like this idea! Team Deathmatch was, without a doubt, my most favorite game on Mineplex. However, there are a few things that I have concerns about. First up, my biggest fear would be that this would divide up the Champions community even further than DOM and Clans do alone. Secondly, I feel like the number of points needed would need to be a lot less than in normal Dominate, as that would require 300 kills, which is a lot! In order for people to enjoy the game but not get too bored with it, I think maybe maybe 5,000 points would be a number since that would need 100 kills, which is a lot more achievable.

On the other hand, I really like this game and I think it has a lot going for it. For me, and I know several other people, TDM is a game that is missed by many, but since it was such a short game, it sometimes became hard to want to keep going, and I think that this was one of the reasons why DOM starting taking over. However, I feel that bringing in a TDM-style game would bring back some of these people and give them a reason to want to keep playing since the game would be longer and offer many more chances instead of it being one-and-done.

Overall, I really like this idea. I think that there is a lot of potential here that can possibly bring some older players back and give them some old nostalgic vibes. However, I think that there's a bit more that needs to be developed further for it to be as best as it possibly can.

Posted Dec 4, 2019
    Lotas likes this.
  6. Hey jxcb,

thanks for the great ideas! I think that 5000 points would be a great amount for the game, however I think that it could even be brought down to 4000 points since 5000 would average out to be 20 kills per player which is a lot, 4000 would come out to be 16 kills per player (assuming it would be a 5v5). It all really depends on how long Mineplex would want the game to go on for. There is also the option of having a time limit instead of having a set amount of kills to be reached. It would definitely be a work in progress but I'm just looking to see if people would be interested in the idea of a kill based Champions game mode.

What I think would be really cool if they introduced an elo system for it. Minestrike has one but there is none for any PvP based games, so I think it would be awesome to try out.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 4, 2019
  7. 200*50=10,000

300 kills gets you through a game of Dom

Posted Dec 4, 2019
  8. Basically SSM

Posted Dec 4, 2019
    saltyfishhy likes this.
  9. How so? SSM ends once 3 players run out of lives and there is one player standing, this would end once you reach a certain amount of points, or after the timer runs out.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 4, 2019
  10. Hello,

I really like this new game idea, having players re spawn instead of being eliminated overall in the game. I also like the fact how you'd get points for each kill and you'd have to reach a certain amount of points to win the game. In addition, there definitely should be a time limit added so the game doesn't go on and on forever so maybe whoever gets the most points in the time frame wins the game.

I really like this idea and there's no reason why it shouldn't be added, +1.

Happy suggesting,
    BlackConfig.

Posted Dec 5, 2019
    Lotas likes this.
  11. So you think there should be a point system and a time limit? Interesting, thank you for the input!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 5, 2019