• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6256 Players Online
  • 3366 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Jxliee Forums Intro

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Jxliee, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Hey,

I'm Julie, although some people call me Jules.

I live in the Republic of Ireland. I speak Irish relatively well as I was put into a proper Gaelscoil (Irish School) in Primary and spoke it at home a fair bit, but I went to an English Secondary as my parents realized my college/university definitely wouldn't be done in Irish.

I was going to be doing my Junior Cert this year but it doesn't look great because of the COVID-19 dilemma, at least I got full marks in my Music practical, saved me playing semi-okay piano and disgusting recorder pieces and got me 25% of the exam. Otherwise, I'm studying 10 subjects (way too many if you ask me).

I like swimming, Gaelic football, piano and a bunch of old music bands and singers, though many people argue I'm very outdated when it comes to music. I also have a dog, his name is Marlo, he's a golden spaniel and he likes to eat.

I aspire to be a child psychiatrist but that could always change, though I would like to do something in Medicine.

That's really it for this introduction. Hope to see you all around. (:

Posted Mar 25, 2020,
    Last edited Mar 25, 2020
  2. Hello Julie! Welcome to the forums. If you have any questions feel free to pm me!

Posted Mar 26, 2020
    Jxliee likes this.
  3. Hey Julie!

A belated reply to this thread I noticed in the subforum a few days ago, but here I am. My name is Caleb, I'm 15 years old and I also live in the Republic of Ireland, which I am sure you know! I had friends from Gaelscoils though I never attended one myself, just a primary school in the local town. My Irish is of quite a high standard as our teacher in sixth class was very passionate about the subject and there was no end to her exercises in learning. On the final day of each term, we had to work together to form over 200 Tuiseal Ginideach sentences on the board before we were allowed to leave. That's why I'm more of a patient individual now!

I'm studying nine subjects for my Junior Cert exams, so I'm inclined to assume your tenth subject is Religion? Our school is a new one, which means it's opting out of the norm and Religion is no longer mandatory. In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, I received full marks in my Home Ec practical which I was delighted about. Cooking and sewing is not my forte, though I did make a fair effort on my Barney the Dinosaur craft last year.

I love to swim and partake in watersports, which I get the chance to do every year at an outdoor adventure camp nearby. I was tempted to sign up to go to the Gaeltacht as I've heard great things about Coláiste Uisce, but this may no longer be feasible due to the virus. It's ruining all my plans for the summer and I'm not happy with this, to say the least. Gaelic Football is enjoyable though I used to play it a lot more back in primary school, along with hurling. We won the division 1 final when I was 12 and it was a solid achievement back then.

I'm aiming to continue school to discover what I would like to do in the future, as my grades are all in-line with each other! All I have to go by are the subjects I enjoy the most, such as English. Online school has grown very intensive lately, with demanding due dates for assignments and whatnot. Keeping up with them is a sport in itself!

I hope to see you around and feel free to friend me in-game or add me on Discord (WowCaleb#0192). As a Trainee, I'll advise you to read over the rules @ https://www.mineplex.com/rules/ and I look forward to getting to know you as a fellow Irish community member, a rare find indeed!

Posted Mar 27, 2020
    xGetRekted and Jxliee like this.
  4. Good to see some primary school teachers worked on the Irish, I had someone ask me what "Dia Dhuit" meant in 1st year and they were Irish! I absolutely hate the Tuiseal Ginideach though, very easy to slip up on for me. Grammar in any language is hard for me :')

Sadly I have to do religion, it's unbelievably harder than it seems. The exam is so... waffle? It's so much to do with reflection and then the final essay is just... great. It's such a waste of time having to study for. Quite a few of my friends got special permission to drop it, but I couldn't because I didn't have a valid reason to and my parents didn't want to lie for me. Also, that sounds fun at least, Barney is a cool dinosaur- I'd hate to have kept on Home Ec and done the practical, stresses me out having to actually chop things a certain way and all that sorta stuff.

Swimming is so relaxing, we go to France every year for about 3 weeks and I usually swim on a daily basis when we're there because I don't have much time at home. Plus since I finished my courses I've gone less, which sucks, I wanted to start up Lane lessons for technique in TY/end of this year. Like your Gaeltacht trip, that all might not go ahead this year, which sucks. Also, I've actually heard of Coláiste Uisce, we got loads of pamphlets (I even still have one) for it when my friend and I went to BT and Sci-fest. Sucks this virus thing is interrupting a lot of summer plans. Also, wow that's some accomplishment. I loved Gaelic football but I despise camógaíocht. Our school always did very well in Sciath na Scol. We only lost one year when I was there, was such a hard blow.

It's really hard to think of exactly what you wanna do, my outliers for my subjects are history and French (as well as Science but given the state of its exam it almost makes you feel overconfident) but believe me I'm not pursuing either but always makes me doubt what I want to do. Honestly, online school is almost sad, they're assigning more work then we'd ever get done in a normal day, my business and French teacher assigned us whole papers! I'm not quite sure what they're expecting from us.

We Irish must stick together (;

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 28, 2020
    Calebbbb (WowCaleb) likes this.
  5. Hey!

Welcome back to the forums, Julie! It's really nice to read over different people's introductions and I really like to see new people join and people return back from a break.

I'll shortly introduce myself to you:

Hey! I'm Sacred and I'm currently 15 years old. I like listening to electro music (mostly by NCS), and I really enjoy swimming (like you)! I think that swimming is a really good way to relax and it overall just makes stress go away. My goal on mineplex is to become a staff member, and to overall help many people across my time being one. I want to be something among chemistry when I'm older, as I really find it interesting and it really appeals to me more than the other subjects out there! Other than that, that's me in a nutshell!

If you have questions or just want to have a general talk, I hope you feel more than obliged to, as I would feel the same way! Hopefully you'll be active around the forums! See you around!

Regards,
    Sacred

Posted Mar 28, 2020
    yulufi / Sean, Klobby and Jxliee like this.
  6. Heyyy!

Yeah, it's about time I got on forums, surprised I haven't gotten around to it until now, guess it's because I'm going to have a lot of free time now considering everything will be cancelled and my next school year is a doss. I'd say I'll be quite active here

I wish you the best of luck on that goal, it's a big responsibility so I hope all is going according to plan with it, I'm sure you're not too far from it. (;

Lovely to meet you!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 28, 2020,
    Last edited Mar 29, 2020
    thinkfused likes this.
  7. Thanks very much Julie! It means a lot! :)

Posted Mar 29, 2020
    yulufi / Sean and Jxliee like this.
  8. Hello Julie! Nice to meet you and welcome to the forums!

Posted Mar 29, 2020
    Jxliee likes this.
  9. Pleasure to meet you!

Posted Mar 29, 2020
    Jxliee likes this.
  10. Welcome to the forums, enjoy your stay!

Posted Mar 29, 2020
    Jxliee likes this.
  11. Nice to meet you, message me sometimes if you want to play something on Mineplex together, I really love making friends wherever I can!

Posted Mar 29, 2020
    Jxliee likes this.
  12. B3N

B3N

Welcome to the forums!!

Posted Mar 29, 2020
    Jxliee likes this.