• 2197 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10635 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Just to let you know how much OP the Area 51 game is.

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by GiladFTW, Sep 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello everyone, yesterday the Mineplex team added a new game called "Area 51 Raid", I'm sure you have played it already. Some have you hight have noticed the crazy amount of XP and shards you get while playing it. In this thread, I'd show you just how crazy the rewards are for this game.

Each game rewards you with around 2.5k XP, and around 4k shards if you go as a raider all the time (Raider almost always wins). A good player will also capture ET once every 5 games, which will give 10k shards.
    4/5*4000+1/5*10000 = 3200 + 2000 = 5.2k Shards on average.
    Each game takes roughly 2 minutes to complete in some cases, in other cases 1 min and sometimes even lower than that. For this thread, I'll assume the average is 1 minute per game, plus the additional 30 seconds between each game. 1.5 minutes each round total.
    Some people play on Mineplex up to 5 hours a day.
    5 * 60 = 300 Minutes.
    300 / 1.5 = 200 Wins every day.
    200 * 2500 = 500000 XP Daily. (500 Thousand)
    200 * 5200 = 1040000 Shards daily (1.04 Million)
    From several players on the network, this game will only be available for 1-2 weeks, let's say on average 10 days.
    5000000 * 10 = 5000000 XP (5 Million)
    1040000 * 10 = 10400000 Shards (10.4 Million)

So players can get 5 Million XP and 10.4 Million Shards in just 10 days.
    That means that a level 0 player, will get up to level 76 in just 10 days. That is 50% of the way to level 100.
    In addition, Each Mythical chest is 10k Shards. In 10 days a player will be able to open 1040 Mythical chests.
    This is just crazy.

On the Mineplex shop, you can but 50 Mythical chests for 25$.
    1040 / 50 = 200 (200.75)
    200 x 25 = 5000$
    On average, there are 1000 online players.
    1000 x 5000 = 5 Million dollars.
    The total value of what the community earns in just 10 days is worth 5 Million Dollars.

Posted Sep 19, 2019
    Ocean and SpitefulNick like this.
  2. Therefore it's just an event game :)

Posted Sep 19, 2019
  3. Wait to nerf till after I hit 100

Posted Sep 19, 2019
  4. Insane, but it won't be fixed, because it depends on AlexTheCoder's willingness to change it and last I heard he's set on not changing it which is unfortunate. This is just how Mineplex runs their community.

Posted Sep 19, 2019
  5. This probably won't be changed because it's a very temporary and special thing. We're aware of the rewards, I think dean wanted to chance it but we were too close to push it so it just meant that it went ahead, I think the rewards are ridiculous and they should be nerfed, but that most likely won't happen so get your EXP while you can :D​

Posted Sep 19, 2019
  6. I think the rewards can be justified since it is a limited time game mode and the people who are active and around to play it should be rewarded in my opinion. I asked AlexTheCoder in-game whether the rewards would stay the same and he confirmed that they would, so I wouldn't worry too much about any kind of nerf unless LT change their minds for some reason. I do agree with the majority of people that the Raiders are way to strong, it's just way to easy for them to capture ET and can overwhelm the Defenders far too easily. I love the game mode and the idea behind it, but changes definitely need to be made to re-balance the teams somehow. I'm not sure how long the game-mode will be available for so this might be something that is actively being worked on as we speak, so let's hope!

Posted Sep 19, 2019
  7. It's true that the Area 51 Raid game provides huge rewards for players. Although I think that the rewards are way too much, I can see why it is a temporary game. As stated above, Alex won't change the rewards unless he changes his mind. Regarding the calculation though, I'm not sure how reasonable it is to assume that one has a one in five chance of capturing ET, as well as other assumptions made in the computation. At the end of the day, however, it is only an event game and I consider it as a great opportunity for players to grind in return for increased account stats.

Posted Sep 19, 2019
  8. Hey mate,

I have noticed that the rewards are extremely high too, and once it's been written out on a thread, it's a lot more clear as to how much rewards players are receiving. I'm kind of on the fence with this one; yes, the rewards are a bit high, but this is an event game, and so the rewards are expected to be higher. This game is also a limited time mini-game, and so the rewards are higher for that reason too.

I do not see LT changing their minds with rewarding as it's hasn't been discussed by any of them, and in fact Alex mentioned in-game they won't nerfing rewards. Since this game-mode is only around for a little while, I wouldn't worry about it too much. By the time a lot of people have been playing it, the game-mode will be gone. I do see where you are coming from, and I do agree to some extent with your argument, but I do not see LT changing their minds about this.

Posted Sep 19, 2019
  9. Hello,

Today, we had an update sent out to change this and make it more balanced of a game for all of our players involved. Because of this, Defenders and Raiders both have good chances at winning the game, and strategy has become more prevalent. Along with this, the amount of shards/gems has been dramatically reduced from before. Also, the placement of the "Chopper" was moved, so games now last around 5/6 minutes, or even the entire duration of the game. I hope that you like this update that we have pushed out to allow both teams an equal and fair shot at winning. Message me if you have any further concerns.

Thread Locked - Concern Addressed

Posted Sep 21, 2019
    TheProTroller likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.