• 935 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9373 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Just a small communities QoL addition

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Segwat, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Hey everyone!

So lately, I've been exploring the communities feature of Mineplex more and more. One thing I noticed was that, say, for example, you wanted to toggle off chat for ALL your communities, you'd have to go into each one, one by one, toggling off player chat.

What I propose is that there is a small feature, probably in /prefs, that enables you to toggle features, such as online visibility and player chat, for ALL of your communities at once. It would definitely save time, preventing the need to individually disable these settings for each community you're a part of, and I don't see any cons to adding this feature.

As always, feel free to comment below about what you think :)

Posted Sep 12, 2019
  2. Hey!

I like this idea. It would be a more efficient/quicker way to do this. If you are annoyed because of the communities you are in and it fills up your chat, you can easily do this to prevent that and prevent other things that could happen. It also wouldn’t have a problem adding, not really difficult to add. Though this is a cool idea, in my opinion, I think it isn’t really needed. It is true that it would be a faster way to mute or do something else with all of your communities that you’re in, but I don’t really see the need with muting all of the communities that you’re in. Unless they are spamming, which they probably aren’t. But I still think this is a cool idea to see added. I definitely give it a +1 because there would be no problem adding it and it is a helpful feature in some scenarios. Thank you for suggesting this idea!

Posted Sep 12, 2019
    Segwat likes this.
  3. Hey there!
    Communities are definitely one of the most interesting ways to really get the community together through in game methods and I think that your proposed idea doesn't stretch too far off from what players might benefit from. I think that this idea could definitely come in handy for many active community members and would definitely help clear the chat up a little.

I think that adding this option in /prefs would be a great idea and would definitely help solve any chat overflows for players who are interested in staying in a community but would rather only read texts every now and then. I think maybe with a little clarification to your idea, this could make a lot more sense. If this idea was implemented, would it be so that when you disable then renable texts that all community chats would reopen? Or only the ones you had on before? I think it's a little confusing just in case people would rather avoid having full out community-chat overlow.

I think your idea definitely has a solid basis and with some extra description, it would be great just to clarify. Otherwise, great work on this idea and I think it's a very creative approach to solving chat overflows. [​IMG]

Posted Sep 12, 2019
    Segwat and ItsFree like this.
  4. Thanks for the feedback! When I was writing this idea up, I honestly thought about talking about whether or not all community chats would open if all texts were enabled. Simply put, I think this feature should contain some way to preserve community chat settings prior to disabling. Maybe there could be a third pref to enable chat from ALL communities?

I should've also been a bit more descriptive about this idea as well.

You made a good point about the need for muting all communities being quite rare, and that's something I overlooked. However, I see no harm in Mineplex adding this feature. Thanks for your feedback though!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 12, 2019
    ItsFree and [Away] Tours like this.
  5. Personally, I keep all community chats disabled at all times, with the exceptions of a few. So I don’t really have a problem with my chat being overflowed with community chat. However, I can definitely see where this could happen and agree that this feature should be added. Of course it’d be rare for these situations to occur, but from the way I see it, that’s not necessarily a big deal. There’s no harm in adding small changes to make life better on Mineplex.

The only thing I’d change about this idea would be where the toggle option would be located. Instead of it being in /prefs, I think it’d be more efficient to have it in the community GUI. That way it’s easier to find and players won’t have much trouble going through multiple GUIs to locate it. Overall, I see no harm adding this feature, plus it’d help out in certain situations. So I’ll definitely give this a +1!

Posted Sep 12, 2019
    Segwat likes this.
  6. I personally don't really see the point in muting a community chat except maybe staffrequest when you want to report someone. Good to have, but I'm not sure when useful

Posted Sep 12, 2019
  7. Prior to writing this thread, I was also considering if it would be more convenient to have this preference located in the communites GUI. After thinking, I thought 'no' because upon executing the command /com, the three icons in the top bar are 'Your communities', 'Browse communities' and 'Community Invites'. Since there is no 'community preferences', I thought that it would be better suited to go into /prefs, suitably under social preferences. However, I'd be open to accepting your idea, as it does make sense. Anything to do with communities should stay in the communities GUI. Thanks for the feedback!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 12, 2019
  8. Hello,
    I think this would be a cool perk to help players navigate communities. I always find that I have a lot of community chat on and it can be distracting when playing a game and such. I do believe this should be implemented, but I agree with those above that it should perhaps be located in the communities GUI to be more accessible. Overall, I think this would be a very nice QoL feature. Thanks for suggesting this, its a +1 from me. Have a nice day!

Posted Sep 15, 2019
    Segwat likes this.
  9. Yeah, this is a good short n sweet lil idea. I don't mind it all. This would be helpful since then players could mute their community chats while they were doing something (such as in an event, recording, etc). There's not too much else to say, thank you for the suggestion!

Posted Sep 16, 2019
    Segwat likes this.