• 451 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3030 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Juggernaut game mode

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by Korben2005, Nov 30, 2019.

1. Every player starts out in a relatively small map, they start out with full iron armor, a diamond sword, and a bow with infinity. The player that draws first blood becomes the juggernaut, they have full dianojd armor, a diamond sword, a bow with infinity, double health (with absorption) and also the glow effect. Whoever kills the juggernaut will become tge juggernaut. The rounds last for 10 minutes, the person with the most kills at the end wins, also whenever you get a kill, you get a golden apple. Also each player starts out with 64 building blocks and when someone dies, the person who killed them gets their blocks.

This is just an idea I had off the top of my head so please tell me any way I can improve it!

Posted Nov 30, 2019
  2. Heya!

You do have a nice concept here and I can see this being an interesting game! Although I don't see it as being "mainstream" I think this game would be a much better fit as a nano game, reduce the time to like 3-5 minutes and make it 1.5x health and not double health so it will make the game go a lot faster and more fitting for nano games.

This would be better because the game concept itself isn't as "detailed" and there isn't (in my opinion) enough things to make the game stand out but the concept is simple enough, fast enough to play, and easy enough to understand to make it better suited for a nano game

Keep up the great ideas!!! Byeeee! :D

Posted Nov 30, 2019
  3. Hello,

This is a nice game you've come up with here but it sounds like pvp-based network servers like Velt & PvPTemple. They have this game build into their practice server so it sounds like a copy of this. It's a nice game though and it'd be nice if it were to be added.

Happy suggesting,
    BlackConfig.

Posted Dec 5, 2019
  4. I like it, but in my opinion it should be a nano game. Small map? Quick kills? Limited blocks? Seems like features of nano games. Also, it's fast paced, and easy to pick up and play. By the way, if it's a nano game you don't have to worry about kits.

And what about the achievements? Will there be any? All achievements should be interesting and new, not just another Win 50 times. I'm not sure what new achievements there could be, so have a think about that.

You said the map would be small, but nothing else. Would it be a jungle map? Would it be a smaller version of one of the Survival Games' maps? Without an idea of what the map will look like, then I don't know how the game as a whole will look like.

Posted Dec 6, 2019
  5. Hello!

I’m not sure how I feel about this idea. The idea itself does not have enough substance to be a full PvP game. The idea is straightforward and pretty simple, and doesn’t feel like something I could play for hours on end. Like @BBoy2003 mentioned I think this would work best as an arcade or nano game. Arcade and nano games are short, simple games that have a simple idea which keeps the game interesting but not too time consuming. I think that if the timer was changed to two minutes the game would fit all of the criteria for a successful nano game.

However, the game seems similar to both Nano Gladiators and that one PvP game with the grappling hook. The two games have a lot of similarities with this suggested idea, so even if it might work well, I don’t think this game would work well was a nano game either.

Ultimately, I don’t really think this game has a place on this server and would not fit well with Mineplex’s general scope and would be very similar to a lot of already existing games.

Posted Dec 6, 2019