• 2161 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2161 Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned joining bridges games after start, but before bridges form!

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by daddydennis, Jul 19, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. would it be possible to join an existing game of bridges before the bridges form? I ask this because I prefer certain maps and it can take hours before a map I like is selected. But if I click on spectate, my map might already be playing but not with full teams! It wouldn't be fair to join after the bridges start forming, but i dont mind joining a map and having less time to get resources, especially if its my favourite map!

Posted Jul 19, 2020
    PhoenixSky and notsen like this.
  2. I think this is an excellent idea to add into Bridges. Since sometimes bridges may only have one or two games going at a time, with a long queue time to get into it, if you could join a bridges game that started a couple of minutes before, you can still have fun for the rest of the game. Personally, I wouldn't mind joining a few minutes late, if it means that I can still play a game. Other players including yourself, also have favorite maps that they would want to play even if the game had started already. Overall, I see nothing wrong with implementing this idea to Bridges, and I give this idea a +1.

Posted Jul 19, 2020
  3. especially as so many people quit a game of bridges after the map is chosen because they dont want that map! the old lobby system was better for that. you click on bridges and up came all the maps, u click on the one you want and it takes you to that lobby. then you wait for enough people to join to play. I have been on the server on and off for about 5hrs today and only saw the map i wanted twice and i got on too late to play!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 19, 2020
  4. Heyo!

Thank you for taking the time to share this idea.

Unfortunately, this idea has been denied as GI as there are a lot of potential issues/annoyances that can arise with implementing such a system.

Given this, I will be marking this thread as Not Planned as well as locking it.

Thanks for sharing!

Thread Locked >> Idea Not Planned - Denied By GI

Posted Oct 27, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.