• 1090 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 1090 Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

[JAVA] Trouble in Mineplex City?

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by MrDragonBoi, Oct 16, 2020.

?

Yay or Nay?

1. yay

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  2. nay

7 vote(s)
    63.6%
  1. What is TIMC?
    TIMC is a game, with 3 roles - Innocent, Traitor and Detective. The game is technically Gmod TTT but like, with or without guns (may need a resource pack like Minestrike if guns are added) and so on. The traitors have to kill everyone while the Innocents and detectives team up to kill the traitors. There is a tester to prevent RDM and so on.

This is pretty much all I have lol

Posted Oct 16, 2020
  2. This sounds like a fantastic idea! Reminds me of the good ol' days. With some adjustments, this could be a really good game!

Posted Oct 16, 2020
    MrDragonBoi likes this.
  3. I mean, it's just very similar to The Hives version, with no real unique twist. Trouble in Mineville is another variation of a murder mystery with more added on to be more unique and match the GMod, the same source of inspiration for the original Minecraft Murder Mystery.

I know originality isn't a key to success, we know this, but replicating a game and changing the names without any unique twist won't attract new players, which is part of the goal of a new game mode. What about this version of the game would make people want to come to Mineplex rather than stick or go to a server with the same game mode and more? Spreading an existing player base thin will leave other game modes empty and unplayable if they play this and have no new players to accompany other games as well as this game mode.

I think it would be a fun game to have, I just want to know what would make this game appealing to an existing community and potential new players who come to check out the server and see this game mode as an attraction. I see a lot of suggestions that comment "adjustments will make it better" but I'd like to see ideas for said adjustments. There was recently a thread to make Among Us in Mineplex which I think could be implemented through a Murder Mystery format, it's trying to think a bit more outside the box. What could you add to make TTIMC different?

Posted Oct 27, 2020
  4. I don't really know, maybe make add a diamond sword instead of an iron? Of course, it'd have to have low durability...

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 29, 2020
  5. It seems lazy to just rip off the Hive, I don't think this idea is inherently bad, but if this was added in the way you suggest it would just give Mineplex bad publicity, something we don't need more of. I think this could be a really fun idea if you have something to add to the game, like new roles, kits, mechanics or items. (The diamond sword idea you suggested would be OP) Overall, I don't think it's a completely bad idea, but if you have nothing to add to the game I give this a -1

Posted Oct 29, 2020
    JetStarglaze likes this.
  6. So would this pretty much be murder mystery or am I understanding wrong?

Posted Oct 29, 2020
  7. i think hes referring to the old Hive game called "Trouble in Mineville". But yes this is pretty much mm.

Posted Oct 29, 2020