• 1014 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10492 Players Online
  • 9478 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Java Social Update Proposal

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by nolawn, Feb 14, 2021.

1. Hello everyone! Hope you're having a great day or night. Community Management & Community Council have finally created our first Java Update Proposal. This update would consist of QOL changes suggested by the community from our "Social" (Chat, Communities, Parties, and Friends) category. If you'd like to read the document rather than the forum thread, check it out here.

CHAT:
    Additions:
    • Add a message in chat for warns that happen while offline
      • When you rejoin the server, a message should be sent in chat saying why you were warned and have a clickable confirmation that you’ve seen it
    • Add a message to tell players how to use team chat before the game starts
    • Muted Message in Chat When Pinged
      • Can be toggled with the current “Informed when muted” /pref
    • Ghosting Warning for Spectators
      • Spectators should be given a warning when spectating games to be told not to ghost (in the games where ghosting is punishable: SKY, BR, MS, SG, WA, BH, and CW)
      • Do not show the warning in MPS games
    • Bug Disclaimer
      • Create a disclaimer message for players using 1.9+ regarding bugs
    • Unmute Notice
      • Muted players should be given a notification that they have been unmuted.
    • /toggle <color>
      • /toggle <color> for Immortal. This would automatically put the color symbol before your message. Would only work in public chat, not in parties, team, or community chats.
    • Custom In-game Mentions
      • Using /mentions would bring up a GUI where you can add 5 keywords which would also ping you in chat instead of only your username.
    • Click on Name to /msg
      • Clicking on a name in chat would automatically bring up the /msg <player> command.
    • Messaging an AFK person
      • When you message an AFK player, it says "<user> is AFK". Only applicable in lobbies.

Changes:

• Ability to Toggle Chat Channels
      • /chat will allow you to speak in normal, public chat
      • /tchat will allow you to speak in your team chat (no # needed)
      • /pchat will allow you to speak in your party chat (no @ needed)
    • Buffer Chat Messages sent during Chat Silence
      • If you send a message during chat silence, it will be sent a fraction of a second after the silence ends instead of never sending.
    • Resetting Message Repeat Filter
      • Have the spam filter system (for duplicate messages) reset 1 minute after a message is sent.
    • Immortal Color in Join Messages
      • The color of your immortal color prefix would show up instead of Yellow when you join a lobby.
    • Make /chatsnap be available for all players like /report
    • Chat Notification for all Games When Starting (like UHC)
      • Add in a /pref to turn on notifications for both games under a singular preference (TItle: “Game Notifications” Description: “Enable to receive a notification in chat when large games are starting on the network". Would be disabled by default).
    • Death Message Update
      • Whenever you are killed by multiple people, you should be able to hover your mouse over the death message to see who assisted in killing you.
    • Change /ping Command
      • Allows the player to see their current ping while connected to the server
    • Rank Advertisement Removal
      • Remove advertisements regarding other ranks besides Immortal, since Eternal is the highest life-time rank
    • Have Amplifiers not show up after they’re thanked
    • Allow approved links to be clickable in public chat
    • Chest Announcements /pref
      • Have the ability to disable chest announcements in /prefs
    COMMUNITIES:

Additions:

• /com demote command
      • Have a command for demoting co-leads faster
    • /com leave command
    • /ignore for communities
      • Players should be able to /ignore invites from a community if they don’t want to join it but they keep getting spammed with invites. Also, auto decline invites to communities.
    • Community Ban Command
      • Adding a cooldown to bans on the same person + make ban messages a /pref
    • Community Banlist
      • Add a ban list for communities so Leaders/Co-Leaders can view everyone that is currently banned from their community.
    • Community invite/ban list
      • Implement a menu to see who you have invited/banned
    • Community Leaderboards
      • Add some sort of implementation of a leaderboard for top communities (possibly on the website, but most effectively putting it near the “browse communities” area of the GUI) for things such as the most members, most gems in the bank, etc.
    • Community Levels and Tournaments
      • Adding a leveling system to communities.
    • Community Teleporting
      • Implement a feature where if you click on a player's head in a community it teleports you to their lobby, like how it is on friend lists.
    • Custom Community Commands
      • Give permission for community leaders to create and give out custom ranks to players within their community (/com)
    • Option to only see staff/co-leader messages in community chats
      • Adding an option in communities to toggle chat to a mode where the player can only see messages in community chat from staff members and co-leaders of the community. With this option enabled, you could also still talk in chat and see your own messages.
    • Semi-Visibility in COMs
      • The adding the ability to go semi-visible to a community rather than simply invisible or having the entire community know your location.
    • Separate GUI for colors and favorite games in communities
      • A separate GUI for colors and favorite games to make selecting community settings faster and easier.
    • Community Boosting
      • Have different filters to search your community by. Different filters include: Most gems, most amount of members, favorite game, Open to Join, and request to Join. The default community search page will list the communities with the most amount of gems.
    • Default Community Option
      • Add a command (/com default <community>) so that you don't have to keep typing out /com chat <community> every time you switch lobbies. (Should be like this already but doesn’t work due to a bug.)
    • Cooldown for Community Joining
    • Search for Player within Community
      • An option in the community GUI to type in a username and search for them
    • New settings GUI
      • open up community settings in a separate GUI instead of needing to cycle through options

Changes:

• Button to disable visibility in all com servers
      • Currently, you have to disable your online status visibility on each community you're in individually. Add a button in the main community menu to bulk change your visibility on all communities.
    • Quicker access to community preferences
      • You are able to change community preferences (muting communities, making your status something) within all communities through /prefs. You can pick to mute all of your communities, things like that.
    • Deposit GUI Reformatting
      • Gives your current gem amount within your inventory and utilizes the renaming of a diamond item with an anvil GUI to give the exact amount you wish to deposit
    • Community preference to show ban/kick/welcome messages
      • The ability to choose whether a community you own (or are co-leader of) shows or doesn't show join, kick, leave, and ban messages
    • Disallow Legend and below from using emotes in community chat
      • Is a Titan+ feature yet everyone has access to it in community chat
    • Community Invites Shortcut
      • A shortcut for community invites for the “You have been invited to join <number> communities” message. Something like a “Click to view invites” message in chat that shows up when you hover over the original message.
    • Shortening the /com chat command
      • /cchat [com initials] (initials can be set when making a com)

PARTIES:

Additions:

• Ask to join party
      • Have a /request party join (IGN) in order to request to join a party.
      • Add a command to turn it on and off for that party (/party invites on AND /party invites off). Would be off by default.
    • /ignore command extends to party
      • If you /ignore someone, make it so they can’t party you
    • Create a social preference for allowing who can party you
      • In /prefs, make a preference so that only your friends can party you.
    • “Party offline” message
      • Make a new message that shows whenever someone is offline when you try partying an offline player.
    • /partycancel command
      • When you want to cancel an invite to someone, you should have a command with /party cancel (IGN)
    • Party requests always go through
      • If you party someone that's already in a party, the request still goes through. If they click accept, they leave their current party and join the other one.
    • Party Time-Out
      • Whenever you disconnect while in a party, when you reconnect you are still in that party

Changes:

• Easier promotion via GUI
      • In the /z menu, you should be able to promote members in a party to the leader by clicking on their head
    • /party help messaged change
      • Change the “/party” commands that give you the help list to “/party help”
    • Parties in Clans Hub
      • Allow parties to be created in the clans hub; disallow them from joining clans
    • Replace party leader with party owner
      • Whenever you use /z and hover your mouse over the party’s owner, it shows as a “leader” - but you cannot use /party leader (IGN), only /party owner (IGN). Make this less confusing by allowing both commands to work, or by replacing the “party leader” with “party owner” in /z

FRIENDS:
    Additions:

• Mutual Friends
      • When you click on the friend you can select to either see their mutual friends, to make them a favorite friend, or see their stats.
    • Search for Friends
      • Replace the “add friends” option in the GUI with a “search friends” option (and a command) to allow people to quickly search through their friends list.
    • “Block” Option
      • To prevent people from spamming you with friend requests (if you keep denying them). Or have /ignore apply to friend requests as well.
    • Favorite friends PMs Only
      • Have an option in /prefs where only your favorite friends can PM you and other friends cannot
    • Mutual favorite friends system
      • When both you and the other person set each other as a favorite friend, it bypasses the invisibility and semi-invis option, allowing you to teleport to one another. Maybe even a preference for this.

Changes:

• /r changes
      • Changing lobbies doesn't stop you from using /r to your most recently messaged friend
    • Teleportation confirmation
      • When clicking on a friend to teleport to in /f, have a confirmation on whether or not you want to teleport to them. Toggleable in /prefs
      • Delay the message by 15 seconds so people can change their settings if they want to appear offline.
    Thank you guys for the lovely suggestions. Keep in mind, the document is not finalized so we're still open for more suggestions, changes, or concerns. Feel free to provide any feedback below!

Posted Feb 14, 2021,
    Last edited Feb 23, 2021
    Denise, jis, Wiz and 37 others like this.
  2. we love the TRANSPARENCY of CoM lately

Posted Feb 14, 2021
    Fusafez, rilau, Amg and 3 others like this.
  3. Dang! These are some really exciting suggestions. I am excited to see where the ideas in this update lead and the town hall in the future!

Posted Feb 14, 2021
    rilau and nolawn like this.
  4. Love to see this finally released!! Hope yall like these ideas :)

Posted Feb 14, 2021
    rilau and nolawn like this.
  5. Heyy!

I really enjoyed reading through this thread! It was honestly great to see that there are such big plans for future updates! I am super excited to see all of these implemented!!

Posted Feb 14, 2021
    nolawn likes this.
  6. Wow it's great to see all these amazing suggestions all on one clean list. There were many things on this list that I hadn't thought of before but now realise could be really awesome as QoL changes. Can't wait to hopefully see these features on the server at some stage!

Posted Feb 14, 2021
    nolawn likes this.
  7. As others have said previously above me, it’s very nice to see a neat and organized list of ideas coming from the CoM team. This is complete transparency and I am definitely here for it! I seriously enjoyed sifting through these different ideas. Lots of them, as said by Nick above, I hadn’t personally thought about before and a lot of them are really QoL! I hope to see most, if not all of these ideas implemented. Great thread! <3

Posted Feb 15, 2021
    nolawn likes this.
  8. What level is your Townhall?

Awesome proposal as well, CoM.

Posted Feb 15, 2021
    nolawn likes this.
  9. Sounds good, when are we gonna get the update? In a year? Or perhaps 2?

Posted Feb 15, 2021
    nolawn likes this.
  10. this is if we're lucky let's be honest.

I like the ideas and I hope that they are eventually added to the server.

Posted Feb 15, 2021
    nolawn and chungalunga like this.
  11. Love this a lot, high time we finally get some big server updates

Posted Feb 15, 2021
    nolawn likes this.
  12. Love this thread!
    Can't wait to hopefully see these features on the server.

Posted Feb 15, 2021
    nolawn likes this.
  13. Yesss I love these!

An addition for /com that was deemed as a bug when it came out that should get fixed/added:

A default /com chat option. It's good that the shortcut has been added, but your /com chat should save between different lobbies, especially for the people that only talk to one or two /coms.

Posted Feb 15, 2021
    nolawn likes this.
  14. Some of these changes are incredible and after reading the list I can't believe I never thought about them! Here's hoping that they're already being worked on!

Posted Feb 15, 2021
    nolawn likes this.
  15. These tweaks look great. Hopefully most of them make their way onto the server sometime in the near future, I'm looking forward to them all!

If you are open for suggestions; I always thought it would be cool to display game statistics for the top three players in the end of game message. This can be similar to when a player types in chat, and you hover over their name to see the stats of the current match. Here's an example:

[​IMG]

Posted Feb 16, 2021
    nolawn likes this.
  16. I like these ideas! It's nice to see the nice updates for Communities especially. I only have a problem with one of the ideas:

This could get a little bit confusing in my opinion. People can set their mentions to someone else's username, very simple words (was, okay, etc.). I think it would just be easier to type out their whole username, since most people's usernames are simple to type (besides the number/letter spam usernames).

Other than that, I don't really see any problems.

Posted Feb 16, 2021
    nolawn likes this.
  17. No one else would be able to see/hear the ping though. Pings are custom to you and you'll be the only one to get pinged if you set those keywords. That being said, If someone put simple words in their custom ping slots, no one else would be affected but them. I think this is a good idea personally because although my IGN is skarm, a lot of people call me by my first name: sammie or they might mispell it and type sammy, etc.

Posted Feb 17, 2021
    nolawn likes this.
  18. So far so good, a lot of these update proposals seem like good ideas with the exception of a few. I’ve always wondered, why don’t we simply disable chat between spectators and players in the game? Why allow ghosting to even be possible? The warning could still be given for those ghosting in private messages, but public chat should be separate between alive, spectators and dead.

As for chest announcements, isn’t the point of that to sort of entice new players into wondering what that is? Whenever I’m in a lobby, I frequently see new players asking what a mythical, illuminated, ancient etc chest is. I understand it’ll be toggleable but isn’t this also a way for Mineplex to advertise the chests as purchasable on the website by getting new players interested? Im on the fence about this one.

The same applies for the rank upgrade messages, the point is to advertise the next best thing to players. Not everyone can afford the most expensive rank, some also aren’t exactly interested in going straight for the most expensive life time rank. Like myself, I started out with cheaper ranks and plan on upgrading as I go. Maybe instead the normal messages should have a confirmation that you’ve read it, so that it doesn’t show up so often?

It’s up in the air. Overall I really like it, I apologize if I’ve missed something - I’m on mobile.

Posted Feb 21, 2021
  19. Wow! These are great ideas and I hope most if not all can be added in an update!

Posted Feb 21, 2021
  20. Really? A social update? Have the devs waste their time on features which are fine as is and only 10% of the server probably actually use? I get it, you want me to buy eternal and immortal, but cmon.

Posted Mar 2, 2021