• 107 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3389 Players Online
  • 3282 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Java Report Limit

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Okjed, Sep 18, 2021.

1. Why is there a report limit?
    Just from sitting in lobby 1 and report people flying around, hopping, etc. in gladiators, I reached the reporting limit.
    I understand some people may flood it, but for a server with so many hackers, I don't believe a report limit is necessary.
    I think they should add like a 1 minute cooldown instead, or at least raise the limit a bit.
    Just my opinion, there probably are more reasons for the limit, but ¯\_ (ツ)_/¯

Posted Sep 18, 2021
    maevestarbaby likes this.
  2. Hi!

This is probably not what you want to hear, but when I hit the /report limit I will usually turn to making forum reports, or checking lobby 1. Although, this has actually once ended up with me hitting a limit with the number of youtube videos I could upload in one day.

That said, /reports will expire, so I think if there was a notification that a /report expired, it should be shown the minute is happens or immediately once a player rejoins the network. I can see some use in increasing the /report limit, but like you said there are a few reasons against it as well.

In terms of reasons against increasing the /report limit is the "general why?" For example, if you've made 10 /reports (I don't know if this the limit), and none of them have been answered, and you want to make another one shortly after you just made one, there is really no use to it, as none of your previous /reports have been answered yet. Also, I saw Dulciloquy say that /report was really inefficient. (I saw on Discord, sorry if I'm misquoting you).

Overall, in terms of reporting, I'd say forum reports are the most effective way to report someone. Then, checking lobby 1 and using staffrequest would the second most effective ways to report someone. In my opinion, theres really no point flooding /report if no mods are online or aware. Since moderators are not "alerted" of /report being made, I hope you understand.

Posted Sep 18, 2021
  3. Fair... at the time no staff were online... I was gonna make a forum report, but I decided it was a bit to much to compile the evidence for.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 18, 2021
  4. depends on the scenario but right now it’s probably not as reliable with staff dropping like fruit flies

Posted Sep 18, 2021
    CatFan105 likes this.
  5. Never heard "fruit flies" before, just flies :no_face:

Anyways, I'd personally say it's ok for hacking offenses right now. Typically when I've gone on the past few weeks and try to do hacking /reports there's barely any. I know chat reports aren't checked as often as they once were, so those might be backed up a bit now vs months before. I'd also personally like to see the limit increased as well to maybe 10, but I'd also like to see our report stuff fixed/updated/improved first. If the bugs that are currently there weren't and it was updated all-around staff might even start liking doing /reports and it would be likely that more would get done- regardless of how many staff we had.

Posted Sep 18, 2021
    CatFan105 likes this.
  6. blank stare -_- o_o -_- O_O

Posted Sep 19, 2021
    Okjed likes this.
  7. Hmm I can see both sides of the argument here. Times are changing on Mineplex and with that we should be consciously aware of updating any old systems made and designed around when there were more players. I think that having the cap on how many reports is good, it means the system cannot be abused (because, let's be honest, we all know some people would do that). However, maybe increasing the cap would be a good idea, as you said in your OP, if you're in a lobby or game with multiple hackers it can very easily take up all your allotted reports. Especially if no/very few staff are online, which can often happen, it means your reports aren't handled and if you come across more people then you just have to sit and watch if you don't have the capabilities to properly report through the forums.

However, putting a cooldown on would pose the same issue. If you're playing cake wars and multiple people are hacking you would have to wait between each report and this would mean you spend a lot of the game just waiting to be able to make the next report.

Overall, I do agree that maybe increasing the report cap a bit would be of benefit though.

Posted Sep 19, 2021
    Okjed likes this.
  8. I agree with your statement, I feel like the /report limit should be increased.

Posted Sep 20, 2021
    Okjed likes this.