• 3340 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11778 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion (JAVA) HOSTED UHC!

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by Itsfede19, Aug 7, 2019.

?

WOULD YOU LIKE THIS IDEA?

This poll will close on Sep 26, 2019 at 8:55 AM.
  1. Of course! add it!

71.4%
  2. No because....

28.6%
  1. HOSTED UHC!
    Some time ago mineplex had implemented some uhc always open, obtaining few results.
    But I'm 100% sure that if you implement uhc every day or every game at a certain time they would be seen as a particular "event" in which many would participate people!

how should they be done?
    the mechanics must be that of a classic uhc, but, I was thinking that instead of the classic vanilla world it could be a world similar to a vanilla but modified with some builds, mines less rare with more minerals etc. .. obviously the basic concept must be that uhc!

You only need to see this thread ( https://www.mineplex.com/threads/hourly-uhc.40777/ ) that has proposed an idea very similar to mine and has found very positive feedback from the community and the staffers!

Posted Aug 7, 2019
  2. UHC was broken, that's why it was removed. In the future maybe it'll be updated, but as of right now we can't do anything with it since it doesn't work. Yeah, it'd be great to have it back, but sadly it needs to be fixed before we can do anything!

Posted Aug 7, 2019
  3. so fix it! lol

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 7, 2019
  4. From what I can tell, they are already pretty stretched with things to do. Fixing UHC would take a while so that's probably why it's not already done. I can see them adding UHC back to Mineplex once they have enough help/time to do so. Other than that, I agree with you. The game should be an event rather than a game you can queue whenever you want. It would be awesome to see the return of a game that could possibly bring in a large amount of players to the server.

Posted Aug 7, 2019
  5. Mineplex hosted a YouTube UHC recently, with a brand new UHC plugin proving that the devs have recreated the game. The only issues were items not dropping after death, and apples not being given after kills. This could be fixed extremely quickly.

Other than the two bugs the game worked smoothly, nice terrain generation, no lag for ANY players even the AU ones. The one thing that would need updating would be the scoreboard since it was a YouTuber UHC it was designed for episodes, removing that and adding the Mineplex branding it would be ready to go. This stuff I've mentioned wouldn't take more than a few hours to change.

Once the games ready to go, have a game start every 2-3 hours with a network-wide announcement [exclusively to people in the hub] and the game is good to go.

Posted Aug 7, 2019
    Segwat and Airolt like this.
  6. I know that, but that was an entirely separate thing. I'm not sure how easy it would be to just add it, but we wouldn't be using that code anyway. It just doesn't work that way.
    As far as I know, there are no plans to bring it back at the time. But thank you for making your suggestion and showing your interest in bringing the game back! We know a lot of people want it back, so maybe it will in the future.
    It's not that easy sadly;-;

Posted Aug 7, 2019
  7. There is no reason not to. It's a working gamemode, coded by one of the developers here at Mineplex. It would be an absolute waste of the developers time if you made them re-produce 85% of the code in the future for a potential release. With the fixes I mentioned above, along with updating the scoreboard and the implementation of player stats into the database there is no reason to not use the code from the YouTube UHC.

Making a new one (from scratch) would be making them do the exact same thing which they have already done. For what reason would the same code not be used?

Posted Aug 7, 2019
  8. I agree with nate above; the gamemode could be easily added back into the game. However, devs are busy people and such they're focusing on more important matters as such...
    I mean hey; we have a GWEN dev now so that's neat. But we only have Jay and Alex on front-end. As well, UHC wouldn't be as high up right now I'd assume.

Posted Aug 7, 2019
  9. I agree, if they already have most of the code and the rest of it is a simple fix, there is no reason to start over/not release it. Countless people have brought up how that want UHC to be brought back and I see no reason not to if it's as simple as that. Like I said before, you never know, this could bring in large numbers of players looking to test it out.

Posted Aug 7, 2019
  10. I have some experience developing and I know a few experienced developers, most of which have said (and I also agree) that the issues could be fixed in a couple of hours to a few days depending on how much time is given to the project. The issue is even if the developers want to fix the bugs and/or implement some of the core mineplex features and branding, it would have to be in their own time unless it is given to them by leadership.

After the bug fixes, it's just importing some of the other Mineplex java classes and making them work with the game. But heck, you could probably code UHC itself from scratch in a few days.

Posted Aug 7, 2019