• 281 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 1485 Players Online
  • 1204 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Jake's Unofficial Guide to Achieving Frosting

Discussion in 'Mineplex Guides' started by Jkaebub, Apr 4, 2019.

1. I know there's quite a few guides out there on Cake Wars, but I can show you how to quite easily complete all of the Cake Wars achievements.

Accumulation Achievements
    These aren't very fun to complete. They take forever and are probably the last ones you'll complete on this list.

Cake Dinners - Win 100 Games of Cake Wars
    This one was the last one I achieved. Set aside an hour or so on a certain day that you want to play Cake Wars. Gather 2-3 friends that are pretty good at Cake Wars (DM me for some IGNs that are good at CW if you want some friends). Play only Cake Wars during that time, trying to win games as quickly as possible by rushing cakes pretty early.

Cake Slayer - Kill 1000 Players in Cake Wars
    Kill, kill, kill. Don't bother buying armor, just try to knock players off islands instead. If you're good enough, you don't need to buy armor that often.

Big Appetite - Eat 500 Slices of Cake in Cake Wars
    Your goal isn't to win these games. You need to eat cakes. Use Builder Kit and get an Iron Pickaxe at the beginning of each game and when you spawn. Go for a team's cake whenever the base is empty or only has one player. Try to be sneaky and crouch while eating (it helps).

Cold Baked Killer - Get 10 First Bloods in Cake Wars
    Play as Builder Kit and rush the Middle beacon. Most of the time, there's a player there or a player going there. Try to get the first kill and repeat this process until you get the achievement.

Misc. Achievements
    These are weird and annoying achievements that are hard to get accidentally or by playing the game normally.

Gotta Go Fast - Win a Game of Cake Wars in Under 10 Minutes
    Pretty simple. This is the only one that you can get without trying. Play the game and you'll get it. Go for cakes early, I guess.

Greedy - Eat a Whole Cake
    Do I need to explain this one?

This Game Has Cakes? - Survive 10 Minutes Without a Cake
    Once your cake is eaten, get some Endstone and cover yourself up, crouch, and camp for 10 minutes.

Starving - Eat a Cake within the First Minute of a Game
    You and a friend both play Builder Kit and rush the team to your left or right side through the side beacons. Keep trying until you get a cake in the first minute.

You Call that a Challenge? - Win a Game Without Dying

Stay at your base. Never leave. Be a coward and get carried by good players. Run away from players if you have low HP. Just stay alive.

Love not War - Win a Game Without Killing a Player
    Also stay at your base. Use your resources to help towards cake defense and armor. Stay back on the generator for Nether Stars.

Team Player - Purchase all Team Upgrades within a Game
    Have everyone on your team pass the Nether Stars to you. Always get Resource Generator as your first upgrade.

The Last Crumb - Win a Game with Only One Slice of Cake Left
    Leave your cake open for someone to eat, ask someone to eat until one slice, or any other method of doing so. Now you just need to win the game. Be extra protective of your cake, though.

Last Laugh - Get the Final Bite on Every Cake within the Game
    This one's tough. Eat as many cakes as you can, and make sure you get the last bite. If your cake gets eaten, then you won't get the achievement.

I <3 Capture Points - Own all Beacons for your Team in One Game
    Best done with 2 teams left, keep the other team occupied so your team can have all the beacons.

Get Good - Kill a player while falling from a great height. Then save yourself from dying.
    This can be done two ways:
    1) Knock a player into the void, jump in after them and use an Ender Pearl to get back on to land.
    2) With one player on the other team left, punch them into the void and jump in after them to end the game.

The Floor is Lava - Win a game of Cake Wars while after the first 30 seconds of the game, only stand on player placed blocks (includes Deploy Platforms and Shops).
    Play Builder Kit and camp on your blocks the entire game. This may take several tries.

I broke a sweat (literally) writing this. Let me know if it helped!

Posted Apr 4, 2019,
    Last edited Apr 5, 2019
  2. This guide is very helpful. I am currently trying to get all of the achievements and I am around 4 off! I will be sure to use this guide to assist me, great job!

Posted Apr 5, 2019
  3. Although I still kind of feel like a jerk myself using a frosting kit, I really want to give other players a taste of their own medicine. Thanks for making this legendary guide!

Posted Apr 5, 2019
    Jkaebub likes this.
  4. Hey Jaekub!

Thanks for writing this guide to unlocking the frosting kit. I certainly wish I would have had this when trying to unlock the achievement kit when I started playing the game a while back. One thing I would add is that if you want the achievements, just team up with @Adrianna and let her carry you to victory. It's the easiest way in my opinion ;)

Posted Apr 5, 2019
    Jkaebub likes this.
  5. I'm actually playing against @Adrianna right now

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 5, 2019
    Adrianna likes this.
  6. Hey!

This is a very excellent guide to achievements. I understand for some players (including me) it may be hard to unlock certain achievements. I hope this helps lots of players in achieving their dream achievement :D

Posted Apr 5, 2019
    Jkaebub likes this.
  7. a lot better then one i did before. thanks for making this one up

Posted Apr 5, 2019
    Jkaebub likes this.
  8. It's about to be a rot round

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 5, 2019
  9. Lol you shouldn’t feel guilty. It’s pretty easy to counter

Posted Apr 20, 2019
  10. Great guide, if I ever try to get the Frosting kit. Another way for "Cold baked killer" is to get Archer and shoot people off when they bridge to emerald/middle. I may use it later!

Posted Apr 20, 2019
  11. That's a trolling method. I remember I used to love using a bow and knocking people off, but since it causes a TON of frustration. I use Frosting instead because it deals less knockback and isn't very annoying to me at least.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 20, 2019
  12. Frosting causes more frustration to some players than getting it with archer once a game.. But I'm talking about just getting to the kit. Hard to use frost balls to achieve a Frosting kit

Posted Apr 20, 2019
  13. Heya Jaekub!

Thanks for this guide and it is very useful, especially for someone like me who isn't really great at most games and sometimes can't figure out a way to get an achievement so I know I will definitely be using this to get my CW achievements! I can see you've put a lot of time and effort into it and I'm sure it will be helpful to a lot of people so thank you for creating this and I hope to see more helpful guides in the future from you as you seem to do a great job with making them!

Posted Apr 20, 2019
    Jkaebub likes this.
  14. Ya, I've heard lots complain about Frosting, but it isn't really OP. You could just dodge the Snowballs or jitter click.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 20, 2019
  15. I don’t even remember how I got half the achievements I just remember how I sat there with all the achievements except win 100 games when I was at 60 or so lol

Posted Apr 20, 2019
    Jkaebub likes this.
  16. And for those who can't? It's hard to dodge the snowballs compared to archer since archer you miss and shoot again, there's a gateway of time to attack back. Frosting is just a stream and if you get hit once it's hard to dodge more because you're slowed. But oh well.

Not continuing on this because it's not relevant to the topic and is for some other thread. I will not respond to quotes or replies on this

Posted Apr 20, 2019,
    Last edited Apr 20, 2019
  17. Run back a second so they can’t get a combo on you I guess. I don’t really know how to explain but I just know how to do

Posted Apr 20, 2019
    Jkaebub likes this.
  18. Great guide, Jake! This would have been really helpful while I was grinding for frosting. I hope other players take advantage of this because you give some great tips! I would like to give a bit more specification on the 2nd way to achieve the Get Good achievement, however. You need to ensure that there is only one player left (with their cake eaten) as it will not work if you jump but then respawn. It only works because the game will end once the player dies and the server will register that you are still “falling.” Anyways, this is a great guide, nice work!

Posted Apr 20, 2019
  19. Hey! This guide was very informative and helpful! I am going to be using this guide myself in hopes of achieving frosting. Appreciate the detail. Thank you!

Posted Apr 21, 2019
    Jadguar likes this.