• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7217 Players Online
  • 4327 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

IvanProvorov's Late Introduction

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Eqsa ❄ [IvanProvorov], May 27, 2020.

1. Hey,

So I thought I might as well hop on this Introduction bandwagon and tell people who I am, as I’ve never done an actual Introduction on the forums yet.

So, I’m IvanProvorov, and my name is Seth. I’m 18 years old and from Manitoba, Canada, and have played Mineplex since September 2013. I played High School Hockey, Football, Basketball, and Soccer before my senior year got cancelled. Sports take up most of my free time, and I love working out and going for runs when I can't go outside and play basketball or soccer with my friends, it's a way to keep myself active and in shape. Outside of that, I love going for walks/hikes and hanging out with my family doing whatever they may be doing. My outside of Mineplex life is pretty boring, it's basically entirely sports and being active. I also have a passion for Astronomy, but there’s not much I can go into about that

On Mineplex, as I mentioned, I’ve been playing since September of 2013, and we’re coming on my 7 year Mineplex Anniversary. I came initially due to my friends asking me to, but I also was really intrigued by Champions Domination. I came for that game, and it quickly became one of my favourites for years to come. As of today, my favourite games, and where you’ll find me most, will be Block Hunt or Nano Games. Dominate still has a place in my heart, I just don’t play it nearly as often as I used to.

I began applying for trainee in 2015, and I submitted so many applications, more than I can count. Most were denied for lack of detail and/or not being ready, and all rightfully so. Eventually, I took a break from applying because I knew that I wasn't ready, in multiple ways. However, January 27th, 2018, was one of the greatest days of my Mineplex life, the day I got trainee. One of my dreams came true. Something I worked so hard for and wanted so badly, it finally came true. The people I worked with during this time made everything so much easier. Firestar made my interview so relaxing and fun, it was almost like I forgot that I was nervous. January 27th was the start of it all for me. I got promoted to Mod on April 8th, 2018 and it was one of the most amazing, and achieving days and feelings I’ve ever experienced. I loved every minute of it. A few days later, on my birthday, April 15th, I got accepted as a Forum Moderator. However, my time was shorter than I would’ve liked, I resigned on December 8th, 2018, 8 months exactly from my first day as a moderator. Travelling for hockey, junior year rush of school work, university prep all took up more time than I was able to handle. I was crushed that I had to leave, I loved my time as a staff member, and with my schedule easing up, I would love to come back sometime.

Anyways, after that rant, that’s pretty much all about me. If you see me around, you can always say hi, you’ll most likely find me on the forums. However, in-game you’ll most likely see me in Block Hunt or Nano. If you have any questions, my PMs are always open!

Have a great day!

Posted May 27, 2020
  2. Ayyyyee you've actually inspired me to want to write one of these. I used to be totally obsessed with block hunt until I moved on to the PvP games.

I never knew you personally when you were staff but you seem awesome! Hope to see you back there one day :))

Posted May 27, 2020,
    Last edited May 27, 2020
  3. If I could PVP I would broaden my horizons as well... but thank you that means a lot, you seem awesome as well. Always looked up to you on the staff team.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 27, 2020,
    Last edited May 27, 2020
    Glitz likes this.
  4. Hey Seth, I am _Prof_! I am a 17-yo from Ontario, Canada and have played Mineplex on this account since August 2016. I play AA ice hockey on my town's team and soccer for my school. Although I am more of an indoor person, I also like working out, just not outside since I sweat very easily when the weather is right. Other than physical activities, I also do YouTube, play guitar, and read.

On Mineplex, I am approaching my 4-year anniversary. Friends were also my motivation to join Mineplex, except that we played together in 2014, and I decided to dive right back 2 years later. Back then, Mixed Arcade, was my favourite game, and it still is one of mine today. In-game, I spend a vast majority of my time on either The Bridges, Survival Games, Mixed Arcade, Cake Wars, or Skywars.

Good luck on your next application if you ever choose to return to the staff team! It is also very nice to see that we have so much in common!

Report a User | Report a Bug | Rules | My Profile | Applications

Posted May 27, 2020
  5. Hey there!

I find it funny because your life outside of Mineplex is almost identical to my brother's. He loves staying physically active and he plays a variety of different sports. I, on the other hand, am committed to just one sport, which happens to be diving. I used to do gymnastics which greatly helped me stay in shape, however, I eventually quit gymnastics and started diving instead. While I do not exactly have a passion for a career related to astronomy, I have always found it pretty intriguing and fascinating.

Your past experience as a staff member on Mineplex definitely sounds interesting, even though you resigned earlier than you would've liked. If you do decide to apply for trainee again, I wish you the best of luck and hope to see your name on an eventual list of new staff members! I have also seen you in-game several times, and I am always willing to meet new people, so feel free shoot me a friend request if you'd like! Hopefully I'll see you some more on the server!

Posted May 28, 2020
  6. Hey!
    It's great to meet you, and it's awesome to see how much we have in-common! I may be outside a bit, but I'm also an indoors person 100%, and much prefer working out and running inside. You seem like a really cool person, and your hobbies seem awesome as well!
    I really like the games you chose as well. I've played all of them a good bit, and find a lot of fun in all of them. When I have a team, Cake Wars and Bridges are really entertaining games. But when I'm solo, those aren't exactly my first picks...
    Hi!
    The interesting part of this thread is noticing how in-common I am with some people, this time being your brother. I'm happy you have some activities to keep you in shape, they seem really cool as well. Diving wouldn't exactly be my thing since I can't even swim... but it does seem fun.
    Thank you for the luck, and I hope to see you in-game again!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 28, 2020
    _Prof_ and Worthi like this.
  7. Hi Seth! It's nice to meet you! You have a cool story. Sports are cool, I used to play soccer myself until I decided that I wanted to focus more on music and advanced math/science in HS. I'm a senior next year btw. You've been playing on Mineplex for so many years, but I've only been playing for like 5 years. It's super cool that you finally got trainee, especially after the long time it took you to get there. It sucks that you had to resign though, but I'm sure if you were to reapply, then you would get it again for sure. If I see you ingame, I'll definitely say hi! (My ign is SpiderCider but that's probably gonna change soon) My favorite games are Super Smash Mobs, Speed Builders, and Draw my Thing, but I also play Nano whenever it's not too crowded. Well, it was nice to get to now you! Have a good day/night!

Posted May 28, 2020
  8. Hey, It's great to meet you too! I don't disagree with the decision to focus more on music, as I did a lot with music in HS as well. As for advanced math/science, science I could do, math not so much, but it is cool that you stuck to what you wanted to do most. Thank you for the kind words, I hope to see you in-game some time!

OP OP
    PewDiePizza likes this.
  9. Hey Seth, it's nice to meet you! I've seen you around the forums a bit and your posts are always great. Anyway, I'm Chrissy, and I'm 17 from New Jersey. It's super cool how many sports you play. I play lacrosse for my school, and for me, it's hard to juggle sports and schoolwork at the same time. But props to you for being able to do all of that; I'd never be able to! Do you plan to play sports in university/college after high school? Oh, and hiking is one of my favorite things to do! I'm sure the trails in Canada are beautiful.

Also, happy (almost) anniversary! 7 years is a super long time. I started playing on Mineplex in around 2015, but then I took a break for a while.

It was super nice to hear all about you!

Posted May 28, 2020
  10. It’s really awesome to get to know you better! I remember getting accepted into that April 15th FM batch, good times :’)

I’m 17, from the United States, and I’m currently a junior. I like to play sports too; my main one is tennis and I’m very upset my season got cancelled this year. Although next year I’m trying out for captain of my school’s girls’ tennis team so hopefully that goes well.

On Mineplex, I absolutely love to play Nano and Block Hunt, so hopefully we can see each other online! I’ve also recently been getting into Cake Wars; I’m not the best at PvP but I think it’s a super fun team game.

Posted May 28, 2020
  11. Hey, it's great to meet you too! I've seen you around the forums a good amount as well, and you seem like a really awesome person. I hope you enjoy playing lacrosse, I was thinking about playing this year but I couldn't fit the time in. It's a really cool sport though. I don't know quite yet about the sports part. I was going to play hockey for the university of manitoba until I decided against going there. Maybe in the future though.
    Hey! Yeah I remember you from the FM batch as well, it sucks to see you off the team though. But it's great to meet you as well, I'm sorry about your tennis season, and I really hope you get captain next year! Tennis is a fun sport as well that I always wished I could get more into.
    I hope I see you around! I've always wanted to play Cake Wars because I really like the game, it's just hard sometimes when you don't have a team and know that i'll lose, so I try every few games, but mostly stick to games that I can succeed solo.

OP OP
  12. Hey!

Nice to see you! I've seen you around the forums, and I hope to at some point see you in game. Have a great rest of your day!

Posted May 28, 2020
  13. Can I have advise for a Trainee application

Posted May 28, 2020
  14. Ivan probably already told you, but something that really helps is reading this thread here.
    This thread details everything you need to know about applying and the application process. Good Luck!!!!

Posted May 29, 2020
  15. Hi Seth! Like you, I also joined Mineplex in 2013 and Dominate quickly became one of my favorite games to play. I'm slowly starting to get back into playing it but I don't play nearly as much as I used to. Good luck with your application if you do decide that you're going to rejoin! I definitely remember seeing you in my games before and I'll be sure to say hi next time I see you!

Posted May 29, 2020
  16. As Looof mentioned, I recommend reading the threads linked at the bottom, to get some advice. However, if you have any questions that aren't covered in those guides, my PMs are open.
    Hey! It's good that you're starting to get back into Dominate, it's a good game. Thank you for the luck, and I'll say hi if I see you in-game as well. See you around!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 29, 2020
    YoungSavage220 likes this.
  17. Hey Ivan! It's great to see you again on Mineplex, and yes, I do remember when you became a Moderator and an FM the first time a while ago! I'm so glad that I got to see you again on Mineplex. I'm looking forward to talking to you again someday! :D

Posted May 30, 2020
  18. Hi there!

I'm happy to meet you, Ivan. :) You had a pretty long post that contained a lot of information about you and even your staff career here at Mineplex. I know many of us can tell that Fire was an amazing senior Recruiter: they were chill, cool, and nice. It's really sad they left the team but I'm sure you'll find another Recruiter to do the interview as casually and calmly as Fire (if you decide to apply again). All the Recruiters are nice and have the skill to make your interview an enjoyable experience. c:

In my free time, I also am into sports but unlike you, I'm not doing it to that bigger extent. I like going to the gym regularly to keep myself in shape and hang out with my friends and family. Additionally, watching movies/series and baking something are two of my most favorite pastimes. I'm constantly looking for new movie/series suggestions and baking ideas, so if you or anyone else have/has any, please feel free to shoot me a PM!

I know there are times when you just simply feel like you don't have enough time to do everything you need to do. And it's fine. I do respect the fact that you resigned from the staff team and took a break to focus on your personal life. I would've done the same thing if I was you. Anyway, it's super cool to see you back here again - good luck on applying for Trainee if you choose to do so!!

Posted May 30, 2020
  19. Hey! It's great to talk to you again, and I hope we talk more in the future!
    Hey! Yeah I have no doubt that all the recruiters can do a fantastic job at calming applicants down and bring out the best of their abilities. I've had good experiences with a good number of the recruiters and they're all great people.

It's good that you do something to keep yourself in shape, and also good that you seem to be close with your friends and family. I'll PM you if I get any baking or movie ideas.
    Thank you for the luck, it's great meeting you!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 31, 2020
    Kisme and Phamtastic like this.