• 364 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3906 Players Online
  • 3542 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Its over.. now

Discussion in 'Survival' started by qxtz, Feb 25, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Its over. Look what they made my favourite gamemode turn into... Season 3 aka the dirt season will be the worst of all. A unique gamemode and a great community treated like filth, ignore our wishes and take even more from us. Dont hate on me for criticism on the staff team, if anyone is allowed to then its me. Ive been playing on this server since the beginning of 2019, spent more time on it than anyone else, ive been playing every single day, even at times when the player count was <50. i was a builder, i was a raider, i was the a part of the community. But the community fell apart and it seems like theres no new one forming. In my two years on the server i got to know many people, none of them would like the current situation in survmode. Do you not understand? The raiding and griefing never was the problem, neither were beacons, bedrock, endrocks, spawners and spawneggs. But its too late now. All your gamemodes, skywars, turfwars, skyblock, cakewars, masterbuilders... They are all replacable, but survival mode isn't.
    Im speaking for those who quit months ago, my enemies and my friends, i really did love this gamemode.

Posted Feb 25, 2021
  2. Salutations, qxtz!

As an community member activist, I would personally like to thank you for your time playing on Mineplex and would like to apologize on the recent inconvenience you ran into here. I’m not aware of the reason why Mineplex decided to remove the gamemode, but I have a good idea why this happened.

From my past Staffing Experience at Mineplex, many times when a game’s player base was low, Mineplex would remove the game and make room for a greater one. Kind of like that old saying “Out with the old, and in with the new.” And that’s what I believe happened here due to the low player count.

Now don’t get me wrong, I used to love playing on Survival. Just the idea alone of gathering resources and creating my own community excited me. But as time grew, this interest started winding down.

Since you do enjoy the game, Survival... I strongly suggest trying out a PvP related game such as the all famous, Cake Wars, Sky Wars, or even Survival Games.

With regards,
    FabianTuck

Posted Feb 25, 2021
    thawazp likes this.
  3. It wasn’t deleted
    Edit: you know it’s got bad when people start thinking it got deleted from the wording of people posts

Posted Feb 25, 2021
  4. Survival mode wasent removed(seems to be heading that way though...). Survival games isnt here anymore. and survival mode is so unique, its not like cw or tw or any other game. In my eyes, they need a survival mode GI. people who REALLY know what they are talking about. We cant let them blindly change what we love. I feel like people who really love survival mode like @thawazp or @MaybeMulti or others would love to help and make survival better.

Posted Feb 26, 2021
    Ryan9116, Kight, Pumpedpixel and 3 others like this.
  5. this post scared me - i hope survival doesn't have the same fate as its 'cousin'.

Posted Feb 26, 2021
    Pumpedpixel and thawazp like this.
  6. Lol ikr soo true it’s almost like it has already though since the game now barely resembles what it used to be I don’t see any way at the current trajectory where anyone would want to spend any time playing it especially after a reset and unless the staff as a whole change direction and stop trying to punish the players for what a few people may have done or the few who abused the system or whatever it may be then there won’t be anything left survival single handedly kept me sane throughout corona virus pandemic and Ik many others who were in the same boat I made so many good friends and had a lot of fun it’s like we are all just drifting around nowadays with nothing to do everyone tries to keep in touch and stuff but its hard to keep a community together when the game it is from no longer has any reason to log on ofc if things would change all of us here have spent months trying our best to let staff know what’s actually going on in their game and how it could be great and was before we wouldn’t be so passionate if we didn’t care but staff don’t want to hear it, I’d love to help make things fun and engaging again but even the discord for that seems to not be accepting any members and even when it is they need to approve you so it’s doubtful they would let me or any of us in there since it’s pretty obvious we aren’t well liked by the staff at this point who just want us to go away ig sounds like a good way to handle criticism and suggestions ig

Posted Feb 27, 2021,
    Last edited Feb 27, 2021
  7. Hallo! Well, although Mineplex Survival isn't removed(I'm glad tho), I've seen some changes to this gamemode and to its players. First off, the chat is silent as a dark room with whispers. Every 5 or 6 seconds, a chat message will appear, instead people spamming before.(Its a half good and bad thing bc I feel lonely with the silent chat). Second, I feel like I have nothing to do(Not complaining tho) I would just walk around my builds and do nothing. Hopefully, we can rise again as happy players playing Mineplex Survival :)

Posted Mar 2, 2021
  8. I quitted a few weeks ago since the updates, a lot of people know me "Spinel6673", and they know me for a lot of reasons but, BUT the gamemode is dead. Removing so many things.
    Think about it, would you like an active community even if it has troubles (remedial problems) ? Or a low player base because you ignored us everytime we tryed to give opinion?

Its like the first Time mineplex lost player base. Now its happening again.

Would you like to see 1k player playing knowing our differences and troubles? Or under 200 just because you think its the right way to fix things.

You know The only player base now its the new people that either get out cuz its boring at the start or they just dont like it.

They all think at the start thats the way it was designed în The beggining.

We didnt post anything here only to show our criticism nor just annoy someone. We all tryed to get good updates over the time and its all ruined, im pretty sure an admin /mod is just gonna respond like robotical to me but thats okay, I want to see a real response, not what you want to think its right or what others want you to say, I want own personal opinion

Posted Mar 2, 2021,
    Last edited by a Moderator Apr 21, 2021 at 6:31 PM
    thawazp and MaybeMulti like this.
  9. I mean what will it take for Mineplex to listen to us.
    Do we need to sign a petition? Who could we talk to make them actually stop this from happening. Everyone obviously talking about it on the forums obviously isn’t working so who could we talk to that could actually make a change?

Posted Mar 2, 2021
  10. What makes you think talking about it on the forums doesn't help?
    Change doesn't happen immediately and neither does development. There is a set schedule for features/games to be implemented. (I don't know it myself, but it probably exists. It wouldn't make sense to just update whatever you see first on the forums when you're already developing an update for something else)
    Although, if you still feel that the forums are an ineffective place to post your suggestions. You're more than welcome to join the Bedrock GI Discord by contacting any GI category lead member. GI works with development to work on game updates with the development team and they're composed of both community and staff members. Although, I'm quite sure they do read these threads. But it's always helpful to have more Survival players in the GI Discord.

Personally, I don't agree with this ideology. Staff are more than welcome to criticize updates/changes if they want to. But they can also choose to agree with the update/change. I've seen this a lot on the forums and I disagree with the idea that staff are forced to agree with whatever Mineplex does. While I'm not specifically pointing fingers at anyone as I don't speak for everyone as a whole. It seems wrong to assume that just because the opinion of staff members don't match yours, that their opinion is irrelevant and untruthful.

Posted Mar 2, 2021
  11. We are talking about this for months, almost a year. If immediately means saying like every other mod and taking months, and still not listening and seeing where the server is going then idk why are we still going on with this post.

Posted Mar 5, 2021
    thawazp, Jet Starglaze and MaybeMulti like this.
  12. Updates take quite a large bit of time. They have to be designed and then developed and then go back into the testing phase before release.
    Seeing as Bedrock GI was implemented a while ago and that the development team only has 1 bedrock developer now, these things take time.
    There's no requirement or mandate that says that staff need to respond to your post and say "hey! We're working on this" or anything like that. For the most part, the majority of the staff team does not know what content is being released as it is not their responsibility.
    I would presume a Survival update is something that will be in the works if it isn't already eventually. But your guess is as good as mine. They aren't ignoring your threads or anything like that. It's just a matter of getting to everything.

Posted Mar 5, 2021
    maevestarbaby likes this.
  13. the issue with all of this is that the things we have ask for are for the most part things that were part of the game to begin with so and are most likely as simple to implement as changing a word or two, literally flipping a button in a GUI, pressing an undo button or just disabling certain plugins that have been added so the development takes time arguement is not valid especially when it should be seen as very urgent and requiring a response also as for the other side of this that they are busy working on their update and don’t have time to do so the solution is simple and that is to stop working on an update that is literally the opposite of what people want and to instead work on doing things that players actually want I mean what kind of world is the response to we hate the changes your working on and the ones you’ve already done to say well we are too busy working on the changes your asking us to not make for us to make the changes you do want, sounds a bit silly doesn’t it? People wouldn’t feel like they are being ignored if we didn’t get the same responses constantly that are either patronizing lies or seem so tone deaf that it’s clear that they aren’t being even considered or if posts and threads about the topic weren’t deleted or locked we have all been begging staff to consider letting us just play minecraft but all we get is more of the game removed and the promise to delete everything that any of us care about

Posted Mar 7, 2021
  14. The same can be said for other features/suggestions people want in other gamemodes, and unless you have their source code, you can't really say that it's as easy as that.

The Survival community has recently become very vocal with what they want changed in Survival which is always nice to see. But who are you to decide that it is very urgent? It's not in their job description to communicate with the community if they don't want to. Luckily, that's not the case and the developers do chat and work with the community as seen with things like working with GI, CoM, or even just chatting on the Discord from time to time. None of these are really requirements in the job listing.

Mineplex isn't just Survival. There are a variety of other gamemodes that people are wanting updates/suggesting things for. The assumption that what they're working on is the opposite of what the players want is incorrect here.

Your posts won't get locked if they follow the community guidelines. That's for any post on the forums. You get the same information on most posts in response to Survival because they're answering or countering your points. Repeating the same points leads to the same answers.

The only blocks/items that were removed were those on the day of the item spawning patch in Survival. Everything else would be a bug/not intentional that should be reported to QA.

I don't think I saw anyone officially state that Survival is getting a reset. I might be wrong there. But how would you go about cleaning the Survival world of blocks that shouldn't be there in the first place? (e.g. bedrock on the surface or end portals, or lava caskets and etc etc) Griefing appears to be something that GI wants to fix which is great, and I would assume that includes lava caskets. But how would you approach fixing this without a reset? It's not feasible to constantly have a admin or developer come on and remove these blocks/contraptions that ruin the world. Nor is it feasible to allow staff to do it. There are 16 Survival worlds with who knows how much ground to cover.

I missed out on some parts of your post as I couldn't understand it due to the lack of periods, so I'm sorry about that.

Posted Mar 7, 2021
    thawazp likes this.
  15. There are a lot of things being discussed for survival in GI and all the input from players is taken into consideration, also what pushed players away is taken into consideration.
    Survival had a constant over 800 players at any given time was in survival, one of the major things that started to happen that pushed literally more than half away is the griefing of their builds they spent a long time on, which that is what survival was made for, building things and showing others. Many decided not to come back and build again because it would be destroyed again, so that aspect needs to change.
    Other than that I believe survival will be an active mode when it has an update, no one will know exactly what will be done because it is still being discussed and there will be a doc released on the forums when it is ready.

Posted Mar 7, 2021
    thawazp likes this.
  16. Here is what I think about the future of the "Survival Mode".
    The devs will delete SOOO much stuff & will still leave the old season 1 bugs, resulting in the game becoming unplayable. The people will leave it & the devs will delete the game as it will become "unpopular".
    I also have a feeling that they (devs) will think that they did nothing wrong by removing content & that the "Survival Mode" died on its own due to griefers, hackers and illegal items & not because of them (devs).
    P.S. I'm not criticizing the devs & staff members, I'm just stating my version/theory of what will happen.

Posted Mar 7, 2021
  17. Well, since the nether + end were not enabled, the only way to get the above items were through cheats. So it was a problem, because it was unfair on everybody.

I understand where you are coming from and it is good you bring it up on the forum, despite what others say. If nobody ever said anything, production & development teams would have no idea how the players really felt about something unless they forced a poll/feedback thread, which many people don't see anyways.

For now, I think we should just wait until the reset. A lot of things are meant to change, many for the better. Plus, usually when a big update comes out, the couple days/weeks after are spent solely on making hotfixes to any bugs that come out or changing something game-breaking. As none of us here know exactly what is changing, I feel it's best to simply wait, and then leave feedback when it's out.

Other than leaving feedback on the forums, I highly suggest you leave feedback in the Community Council and Game Insights discords. You may PM me for an invite to the CCO discord, but for Game Insights you will need to contact someone on GI itself. You may do so by seeing who is a part of the team at mineplex.com/subteams.

There are dedicated channels for Bedrock and its Survival gamemmode above, and I really recommend everyone here to join if you have not already, as you can speak directly to the people that oversee these updates and directly suggest changes/fixes to developers and QA.

Posted Mar 7, 2021
    thawazp likes this.
  18. me and a lot of my friends left survival and mineplex all together. they simply don't listen to their community. last time they did a reset it nearly killed survival.

Posted Mar 7, 2021
    thawazp, Jet Starglaze and MaybeMulti like this.
  19. And thats the point of not the same people creating threads, but more that dont speak, a lot of items that were deleted were design materials and if they just wanted people to stop using them they couldve disabled their proprityes, the excuse that they were spawned în isnt available since some of the blocks removed were only decorative and had no other uses.

I agree but we left feedback for the past years on updates, even small ones. And my conclusion on it all is that some of the things that were removed /disabled and anything like that... There were other ways of stopping what was wrong with those things, all I have seem was disabling and removing things when there were other solutions.

My other conclusion is that no matter how much we feedback there is nothing going to change. People keeps saying that we gave to wait for updates and other things that have to be added when this is the most unupdated gamemode în The entire server, I have seen that you guys instead of looking at the feedbacks, fixing problems faster, you guys just add things to other gamemodes like skywars and cakewars etc. and the problems will just stay on until there is just nothing else to update on other gamemodes and finnaly someone looks and we have to wait again until it is resolved.

No matter the problem, no matter how urgent it is this is gonna be the gamemode that its gonna stay at the bottom of the task list (if there is any)

Posted Mar 7, 2021,
    Last edited by a Moderator Apr 21, 2021 at 6:30 PM
  20. Bedrock GI was created quite recently, I know they had a lot to do in regards to this update. When they are ready with the proposal, they should post it on the forums for some general feedback before development starts (this is what is done for Java, anyway).

I think with the team being formed now, feedback should be listened to more, so long as it's reasonable. So I think when the update does come out there will be a period of time everything will be taken into consideration. Really hoping you guys get an update you are all happy with

Posted Mar 7, 2021
    thawazp likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.