• 2506 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5085 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Its been 2 long awaited years...

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by greg, Sep 26, 2019.

1. hey.
    I know that you guys definitely don't remember me, but I remember you. I remember the Mineplex community.
    -

I downloaded Minecraft in 2010. I was 5 years old. It was way back when and all I played was creative. I played it nonstop 4 years straight along with Call of Duty (maybe not the best choice for a 5 - 9 year old, but ya know, older cousins), Lego games, Moshi Monsters, and Counter-Strike. So now, we're in 2014. My cousin who I was very close to tells me something else besides creative or survival for Minecraft, servers. He mainly played HiveMC, but I quickly grew bored. There's more to it but enough of that. I used to watch this Youtuber, Blitzwinger. Who played something called Bridges. I saw that in the comment section someone asked how to get to where to play Bridges. He put the IP so then I went to go play Bridges. It was a server called Mineplex. I literally non-stop played that server for 3. years. straight. No, not on and off like 2010 - 2014. No. Like an unhealthy amount. I LOVED that server. I got so inspired to get staff on that server from watching someone name ForeverElite who is an ex-Sr. Mod that I worked so hard to make an application. I worked at least 2 months on it. But I was underage (maybe 11 - 12 at that time). So I knew it had to be good. I ended up sending 2 applications in, in total. But they both got declined. That's when something called "Fortnite" came out.
    -
    I learned about Fortnite mid-November from one of my Minecraft friends. Who, to this day I still play with and talk too. I slowly got into the Fortnite curse, slowly leaving Minecraft, slowly leaving the Mineplex community, and I didn't know it at the time but I was about to leave something that shaped my childhood, something that played a big role in my life. By January of 2018, I was hooked. I played Fortnite, Apex Legends, Black Ops 4, Counter-strike, Rainbow Six Siege, WWZ and pretty much any other game besides Minecraft.
    -
    Obviously, the Minecraft uprise had started to take form. I started to play it again, like everyone else. Just survival not servers. I just didn't get the same feeling I had just 2 years prior. I seriously didn't know why. This was early summer late spring of this year. And I just let it pass. I mainly played Counter-Strike throughout the summer finally getting MG but something was bothering me still about Minecraft, why I didn't still feel what I used too. Then, Modern Warfare Beta hits, I instantly pre-download it ready to play the second I can. I play with my friends throughout the weekend and making the best of of the limited time we have to play it. The best nostalgia hits after watching my cousins play Modern Warfare 1 and 2 for years. After the beta, for some reason that night I couldn't sleep. I didn't know why. So as people do when they can't sleep, I just started thinking. Thinking, thinking, thinking. I somehow got to the point when I thought of my Aunt. I remember all the good times I had at her house, including time from 2016-2017. All I can think about was writing my Trainee application on my old iPhone 4s or Se (kinda forgot) and I finally remember why I didn't get that same feeling. It wasn't the game. It was the community. The community of the server that shaped my childhood. The community that I loved but somehow seemed to have forgotten.
    -
    The next day, I get on my pc and go to Mineplex. I realized they had their own website and branched off from Enijn. So I went back to the Enjin website and typed in my mom's email and my password (I've had the same password for like 10 years now) there it is. The community and feeling I remember. Looking at my profile, my friends. My messages. I loved it. I loved it so much. I wanted to get back in the community, for good this time. Dedication is now my main priority. I want to give back and give better than I ever gave to the Mineplex community. I want to start being active again. I want to now make new friends, new relationships, and a new life for me and my Mineplex experience.

Posted Sep 26, 2019
    Yikl, Mitchy, Kyuine and 1 other person like this.
  2. Hey Greg! Glad to hear you're coming back to Mineplex and it's nice to meet you! My name is Kyuine but you can call me Hoku as well. I am a Trainee here at Mineplex so if you ever have any questions or want to get to know me feel free to PM me in-game, on the Discord: discord.mineplex.com or through the Forums! Can't wait to see you around the network :)

Posted Sep 27, 2019
    greg likes this.
  3. Hey Greg!

Firstly, welcome back to the Mineplex community, I also have made a return and am devoted to staying back for the foreseeable future. I just want to say that I thoroughly enjoyed reading your introduction post, it was almost as if I could feel what you feel just by reading the descriptive words you used, and the way you explained your experience. See, everyone has a totally unique experience that is unlike anyone else's, this doesn't just include on Mineplex, but with anything in life. I honestly am so happy that you found what was causing that feeling, and decided to make a return. I had a similar feeling when I had left the Mineplex community some years ago.

To be 100% honest, joining back Mineplex has been one of the best choices I have made. I remember playing with all of my friends a few years back, having so much fun, helping out the community, attending events, and so much more, all the nostalgia hit me. I knew it was time I had to make a return too, similar to the way you returned. After being back for just over 2 months now, I have to say that being back has been amazing, and I really mean that. I'm so very glad you've chosen to return at a similar time to me, trust me you are going to love your time here (Mineplex has improved a lot over the years of our absence).

I also used to know of FovererElite, I used to watch his YouTube videos which were really entertaining in my opinion. He also did a number of videos surrounding Mineplex specifically and was one of the reasons why I tried to become a Trainee a few years back. Anyway, I am so happy you've returned, Minecraft and Mineplex have both been gaining players rapidly over the past few months, which is great! Thank you for going ahead and making this post, I feel quite moved by your story, and I hope that I can see you in-game or on the forums soon!

Also, if you ever need anything, just send me a PM on the forums. Even if you want to have a chat, my PM's are always open! :)

Posted Sep 27, 2019
    greg likes this.
  4. Hey greg(OG name), you have a similar story to me. I had multiple burnout's from Mineplex and Minecraft in general, I wanted to play other games, have more freedom and focus on school. I returned in the past few months, coincidentally with the Minecraft popularity surge and have been here ever since. A lot of the games you mentioned I also play, and the nostalgia of opening Minecraft/Mineplex after a long break hits you really hard. Finally, I always kept up with ForeverElite and his Youtube videos. His Trainee guide's were always useful(here I am today) and I loved how he was an avid SSM player. Feel free to find me on the forums(RIP Enjin), friend me in-game, private message me, or get in touch over Discord! If you want to talk, you know I'm the real guy to call. Likewise, I'll also see you around a bit more now I hope, and I can't wait to hopefully talk with you soon!

Posted Sep 27, 2019
    greg and Kyuine like this.
  5. Hey!

It's always better late than never when it comes to introducing yourself. I also took a break from Mineplex, so I understand what you meant about not having the same passion for Mineplex as you once did for being one of the reasons for your break. I too, watched ForeverElite and he did help me improve my trainee applications with what he said in his videos. It's pretty cool that you got to MG in CS, I could never get past Gold Nova. I played two games in Gold Nova and choked. But when I put play against Gold Nova+ I would do fine and usually beat them, sometimes even top fragging. So i'm very amazing that you got to MG, since I struggled most of the time when I played CS. It's great that you're coming back to Mineplex. I recommend applying for CMP (Community Mentor Program). It's a really fun program run by staff members and it helps community members meet each other, learn the rules and just have fun and learn lots about Mineplex. It would help you catch up with everything that has happened while you've been gone. I really liked your post and I see you around the community. Thanks for the post!

Posted Sep 27, 2019
    greg likes this.
  6. I got Minecraft PE on my family's iPad in 2012. I played a balance mixture of survival and creative. I play a little HiveMC but it is an EU server so the player count was often not at its prime when I was available. I found out about Mineplex through a close friend. I also took a break from Mineplex from June 2014 to August 2016. The bridges is something we both love, it is actually my favourite game. For the first week I got Minecraft PC, I spent almost 50 hours because I just could not get loose. Good luck on your application if you ever decide to apply again!

I hope you like Xenforo better than Enjin, because there are so many new features on the website. You may /f me in-game and play some games together. I mainly play The Bridges, Survival games, Cake Wars, Mixed Arcade, and Speed Builders. Welcome back to the Mineplex forums, enjoy your stay!

Report a User | Report a Bug | Apply For Java Trainee | Rules| My Profile

Posted Sep 27, 2019
    greg likes this.
  7. Yeah, cs works really weird like that. You can destroy high novas and mg's but you can't seem to get to those ranks. I struggled with that for years.
    --- Post updated ---
    Thank you so much! I also downloaded Minecraft on my family iPad. I still have it to this day. The version is Alpha 0.8.1. I'm so glad it still works and seeing all my old worlds are super fun to do.
    --- Post updated ---
    Yeah! Out stories are very similar. That's crazy. By the way, congratulations on Trainee!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 27, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  8. Hey Greg, welcome back to the Mineplex Community! You've got an interesting story there, very cool. I'd like to say our stories are somewhat similar.

Anyways, my name is JYTG, but you can call me Jeremy. I'm a Moderator here at Mineplex, and I'm always open for conversations. If you ever need help, you can always PM me here on the forums, or you can try and catch me in-game! Feel free to /f JYTG in-game if you'd like to. I'm always seeking to make new friends.

I hope you enjoy your stay here on the server and the forums. Again, feel free to pm me on here or in-game.

Have a great rest of your day!

-JYTG

Posted Sep 28, 2019
    greg likes this.
  9. Hello!

Welcome back to Mineplex, I hope you enjoy experiencing old and new encounters with players!

My name's Blair and if you have any questions about anything don't hesitate to open a conversation with me or just simply add me on discord, BlackConfig#0817.

Kind Regards,
    BlackConfig.

Posted Oct 25, 2019
  10. Welcome back! The original OG's of Mineplex is the best. I emphasize with your story, I remember all those games except I don't think I played WWZ. Also, i'm not a big fan on Fortnite, so excuse me there. Also, I actually have been playing the new Modern Warfare which was just released yesterday on PC! If you ever want to squad together on Mineplex or a different game, I got you! Just make sure to get in contact with me first! Welcome back OG greg!

Posted Oct 25, 2019