• 368 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3967 Players Online
  • 3599 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

it feel's like The Survival Server on Mineplex is a anarchy server, and i really like it

Discussion in 'Survival' started by MichaelIsme, Mar 3, 2021.

?

Do you think Mineplex survival is a ''somewhat'' anarchy server

1. Yeah

52.6%
  2. ehh maybe

26.3%
  3. No

21.1%
  1. i feel like the survival server is a anarchy server, with alot of land being griefed and people duping lots of shulker's it's technically not a anarchy server because there are rules and you can claim land but i just really like how laggy, glitchy, and broken the server is, i hope that mineplex never shut's down this server, i love it!
    i want people's opinion

Posted Mar 3, 2021
  2. As a staff member back in 2018-2019 for Bedrock, I'll agree with you, it has many large scale issues especially surrounding illegally spawned items and duping exploits. I haven't really been keeping track of Survival since I resigned from my Bedrock position back in July of 2019, but I'm hoping it's been reset since. I came from the time when 'god bows' ran rampant where people would TP-kill people with power 30,000 bows among other things and people would be building their bases out of dragon heads and bedrock.

I think the main issue with it is there aren't enough people to properly pursue its development or moderation. There are lots of players playing it all the time and within that, very tiny amounts of staff to moderate it, and even if they were available, they can't stop most of what issues Survival has that the community create (such as toolbox hacking). I think if it were to succeed, it'd need lots of developer intervention and a lot of updates of which I think include but are not limited to (assuming none of these has been added already since early-2019):
    • Ability to add people to claims
    • Ability to expand claims with a limit
    • More than partial blocking for illegal items or blocks
    • Reactivation of the Nether under specific circumstances (giving players their own micro-pocket area of the end defined by the placement of the portal)
    • Giving staff the ability to break blocks in other peoples claims
    • Giving staff the ability to manipulate players inventories and ender-chests
    • Further strides to block duping cheats
    As for deleting the entire game though, I think Survival's sister-project Factions needed to be taken down and be heavily rethought, but I think survival has a chance if development was focused on it for a while. This though is on the pretence that development work can actually be dedicated to it since Bedrock only has 2 Bedrock-specific developers (OneThousand and gyroninja) both of which are working on different areas of the network. I think with Survival, out-right deleting the game would make many people upset, even though the map is wrecked and is in dire need of further resetting and more heavy moderation presence, people have made friends and built things that they like which gives them fun experiences on the network, regardless of if it's been cheated in. Unlike Factions, Survival has been taken well by the community so it shouldn't need as evasive action taken on it.

Posted Mar 3, 2021
  3. I completely agree with everything you just said @MachoPiggies, this server has had a few hard resets that got rid of a good majority of their players. Having more focus put on the game I feel like it could bring people back to enjoying the game. Although I understand the team is working with a lot of games right now, I feel like they should put survival a little higher on their priorities. The ides you have suggested in my opinion will pretty much fix the problems Mineplex Survival.

Posted Mar 4, 2021
  4. The only problem with this is that if they reset they would lose most of the playerbase. It’s either a new, clean map rid of all illegals that hardly has any players or a map with illegals, history, and people’s time and a good amount of players. From a server perspective I see the purpose of the reset. But as a businessess perspective I don’t really. Why would they reset the server knowing in the past when they did it they lost a lot of the playerbase which means they lost money from survival. Also for the main purpose of this thread survival did have a slightly anarchic feel to it. That is what attracted a lot of the players. After they left Mineplex a lot moved on to full on anarchy servers.

Posted Mar 4, 2021
    thawazp and yvuggu like this.
  5. It is definitely NOT an anarchy server in any way. Anarchy servers do not have land claims so you can greaf they also have the nether and other basic vanilla features. There are rules no hacking etc. signs do not work. I would not even call it a survival sever because there is tpa and keep inventory options.

Posted Mar 5, 2021
    thawazp likes this.
  6. as a veteran minecraft player I actually find mineplex’s survival very entertaining it’s just a new way of playing survival I even like the inflated economy and the fact that people have so much more time to build and make friendships instead of mining for hours for a couple of diamonds.
    similar to any capitalist economic system, the market always adapts even to horrible inflation, people are still trading and shops are still there which is actually amazing.

I also agree 100% with MachoPiggies regarding what the server needs, I wouldn’t mind the loads of diamons being removed from my inventory if it will happen to everyone since it will simply increase the value of what’s going to remain.

off-topic: can somebody restart server 13? it has been like 2 days since it went down

Posted Mar 5, 2021
    thawazp likes this.
  7. It didn’t used to be laggy or broken until they removed most of the game it’s used to be a whole lot better

Diamonds are worthless and always were if your trading things with diamonds then your trading for junk there are actual rare items but no one would ever trade them for diamonds

Posted Mar 29, 2021,
    Last edited by a Moderator Apr 21, 2021 at 5:36 PM
    MaybeMulti likes this.
  8. I feel you

Posted Mar 29, 2021