• 1139 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10373 Players Online
  • 9234 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

It’s worse than we feared

Discussion in 'Survival' started by thawazp, Feb 23, 2021.

1. I posted this elsewhere but I think it needs its own discussion and a place where more people can see, a certain mod was on earlier talking about season three and if you think it’s bad now or maybe even you like the way they’ve ruined the game it’s gonna get a whole lot worse absolutely nothing is going to be repaired but more is going to be taken from us blocks redstone even our claims apparently will be taken away from us if we don’t access them frequently enough where does it end they are literally making Minecraft Into a game without any progression beyond the first five minutes of play and even that is pushing it with how little of even the very early game experience has been or will be untouched the things I heard from staff are just so pitiful they have run our favorite game and server directly through the bedrock and into the void the few things we have left of our economy and gameplay are going to be taken from us it’s far worse than we ever imagined their plans for what comes next are worse than a reset would be with the current state of the game which is already a scary thought but what the staff are planning well maybe they’d like to tell you all here themselves and see how the community feels about this insanity

Posted Feb 23, 2021
  2. if you want something to change ingame please post a suggestion instead of this

Posted Feb 23, 2021
    Young_Inventor likes this.
  3. I’ve been posting for months and me and many others are ignored or given token baby responses as if treating us like the five year olds they are targeting will placate us

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 23, 2021
  4. This seems relevant too from the other thread
    Quote:

wait redstone is going away? and our claims will be deleted if we dont access them? wheres this thread?
    My Response:
    It’s not in one but I made a new one for it because where hopefully staff will come forward and say what they were saying in game chat for everyone to see they plan on removing redstone completely so that no one can raid with it apparently or build any farms machines etc, also they have plans to make it so if we don’t access frequent enough they will just delete our claims with an auto unclaim function there’s a lot more too it’s way worse than we could have ever thought it would be also they havnt addressed that I’ve been muted in game without any reason or even any kind of in game or account type msg and gave a bottled response as per usual that doesn’t mean a thing but that’s how they handle people who want to discuss something they care about ig I’ve made a another thread and hopefully they will share this info with everyone by default we also lose most of the blocks in the game shulkers etc no type of route to nether or end stuff is being included either basically nothing is going to be made any better and it’s going to get a whole lot worse I’m afraid :( also this is along with reset btw if I wasn’t clear on it

OP OP
    qxtz, Jet Starglaze and yvuggu like this.
  5. yes well you're not giving a suggestion

Posted Feb 23, 2021
  6. Thing is, this isn't supposed to be a suggestion, rather discussion. It's feedback to updates and the future of Survival(bittersweet if you ask me, also not getting your thoughts heard). And giving this feedback is frustrating because of some of the responses from higher-ups.

Posted Feb 23, 2021
    MaybeMulti, thawazp and Ryan9116 like this.
  7. Hey! well the best you can do is either continue making suggestions ( dont spam ) or you can talk to a staff member abut it directly but you may not receive a response quickly so try to be patient. It is very hard for a server to make everyone happy an there is always going to be someone who is upset with the outcome of something but I can assure you insulting the staff team is not going to help! so in the mean time just try to think of solutions to this problems or suggestions and as stated before post a suggestion! Best of luck with future suggestions and try to be reasonable with them, remember the staff team are people to and doing things like updates and new things takes time!

Posted Feb 23, 2021
    yvuggu and thawazp like this.
  8. Very true and thank you for a reasonable response the idea here is I’ve spoken to mods in game along with other players today and was enlightened about mineplex future plans for survival which from the point of view of veteran players who put in months to years of time playing and or spending money on the server are not only what most players don’t want but it turns out to be much much worse than what any of us thought would ever happen so I’ve posted some of what I’ve heard to inform other players so we can discuss it and also have a place where these thoughts can be gathered cohesively for the ease of viewing for staff from the playerbase as a group and where they can share these details with a wider audience in a place where it doesn’t get pushed off screen five minutes later and people who were not online to see the discussion can weigh in with their thoughts opinions and suggestions (again in a place where it is all in a nice neat package for mods devs etc to see the thoughts of the players on these future plans for the game we’ve invested large portions of our time trying to build up the world and make it as enjoyable as possible for ourselves and others especially including the newer players who many of us spend a lot of our time answering questions and giving out supplies so that we all have a good time and everyone is included despite none of us being mods and especially because mods are not always available to solve such issues the community tries to help everyone to have their best mineplex survival possible)

OP OP
    Serotonin and Jet Starglaze like this.
  9. The suggestion from me personally would be (if you haven’t gathered already) to not destroy our game and community but I also want other players to weigh in on this and when mods have the chance to explain these plans in a place where everyone can see it and as a community respond with our thoughts where a more thorough and inclusive discussion can be had between players and also with staff especially since most players are unaware and were not present to see the discussion as I was arent community forums for the community to discuss issues and ideas regarding the game and its players/staff maybe I’m wrong but that’s what they are usually for and if not here then where do players find out? After it’s done or where do we discuss this especially with those who make the decisions there is no place more appropriate

OP OP
    MaybeMulti likes this.
  10. These aren't the only things that are getting changed. There will be a lot more interesting features to come, some of which haven't been released to the public. These include features and bug fixes that players have been wanting for a long time. I suggest you wait until the new season and leave your feedback then, since this definitely isn't the full picture and you might love some of the new features, fixes, and additions.

You may leave your feedback either on the forums or on the Mineplex Discord :)

For example, one of the newest additions introduces shared claims, which a lot of people have been asking for. This will allow you to play survival with friends and grind together in a shared plot.

In general, I wouldn't stress, because when you think about it the reasoning to remove redstone and delete old claims do make sense.

Redstone:
    - mainly to reduce griefing iirc.

Of course, there are so many amazing things to do with redstone and it's a pity it has to be removed from the game, but griefing is not punishable as it's difficult to gather any sort of evidence (unless you directly see someone do it) and yet it happens a lot. Especially with pistons, blocks are able to be removed from claims and other damage can be done.

- Redstone brings lots of lag.

Many users on the server, especially on mobile, suffer a lot of lag when playing on the server which only gets worse in survival as there is so much going on. with redstone, one can create ginormous and complex contraptions which get laggy super quickly. you can function perfectly fine without redstone (although i know it is not ideal;_;). You can keep redstone to your own singleplayer words but you have to respect the other players that you are playing with on a multiplayer server.

Removing old claims:
    - A lot of the time, players will set a claim, leave the server and literally never come back. These claims take up a massive amount of space and it would be nice if other players could build on it instead.
    - This would also reduce lag

This sort of system takes place on the Java Mineplex server, in a faction survival gamemode named Clans, where you have to log on regularly to earn gold and purchase energy with it to keep your claims alive. if you have been inactive, your claim is removed and players are free to take your things.

I'm sure the time would not be ridiculous for these claims to be removed - maybe a few months? that would compensate for those that are going on holidays and can't log on, etc.

Posted Feb 23, 2021
    NinjaMatt12, yvuggu and thawazp like this.
  11. If you would like to weigh in more on updates, I suggest you join the Mineplex Community Center Discord. There are channels dedicated solely to Bedrock, where you may discuss your ideas with the teams that work on these updates and gather player feedback.

The channels you will most likely be interested in are in the bottom-most category, #br-social, #br-cosmetics, #br-miscellaneous.

Posted Feb 23, 2021
  12. thank you for being here to confirm these planned features but from a perspective of a player who comes here to play survival with a consistent world and players worldwide these are terrible for us I understand that yes there are many old bases and such wasting claims but life doesn’t always allow someone to schedule their life around a game and when we come back after periods of down time or times where the server is down completely or we are unable to get on because we are on a server that’s down when we logged off coming back to all you’ve built gone especially if it’s a fault of the server and not the player is just not ok, and as for redstone players use it for a lot more than griefing and besides there won’t even be shulkers anyways so it’s a non issue but players do use it for farms so much of Minecraft has already been removed from the game and even with the current state of the game a reset would remove much more with no path to re attaining normal blocks and items but adding more to the list is not what I want and I think most players would agree where does it end? Because at this rate there won’t be a single block mob weapon or item left in a game about collecting items and building with blocks while fighting mobs there was more that I saw as well but it’s hard to remember everything from the chat which is one of the reasons I posted here in a place where text is permanent so we can all share and discuss this together but removing more of the game is definately not what I think most people would consider as added features no matter how much hits worded that way I understand staffs issue with lag though and also that they are all working hard but if every item in the game is one at a time labeled an issue and removed then what do we have left, again thank you for your reply and for giving us all solid confirmation here where everyone can have the chance to see and for sharing the point of view from the mineplex but there’s a big disconnect here for sure also yes shared claims are something we all do for sure want I’d think and would appreciate but at the cost or losing so much more and most likely the players who suggested and begged for this for years never coming back to enjoy it because they have no want to share a base made out of dirt with nothing in it and nothing to do doesn’t seem worth it, edit: yes I will most certainly join the discord as well then and thanks for letting me know see ya there soon also :)

OP OP
    MaybeMulti and Jet Starglaze like this.
  13. This is why I'm saying the time before a claim would be removed would probably be a good few months. Plus, with the new season many bugfixes will be brought out and (hopefully) the servers stabilised. I doubt they would release that without fixing the servers, but from what I have heard they have been working on that so it should work perfectly fine.

Yep, I know that players use it for farms which is why it's unfortunate, but we have to consider other players. Redstone will bring lag. Although you might use redstone genuinely, there are a lot of trolls in the game that use it solely to lag others out of the game or grief. Since there currently isn't a stable way to report these players as well as remove their redstone permanently, it makes sense to disallow redstone everywhere on the server.

Perhaps when the staff team expands and the game updates, redstone might be considered again, with higher survival moderation so that it works how it should. Currently, however, there is only about 1 staff member for every 1000 players give or take. That number needs to change.

Posted Feb 23, 2021
    thawazp likes this.
  14. These ideas seem cool, but its the other features im worried about. mineplex survival in its current state is... dead, for a lack of a better word. I have done everything that a player could want, explored mysteries, met other players, collected rare items, and i burned through that quite fast. I have nothing else to do. build? Its going to get reset eventually. Survival is very broken right now, there are more diamond blocks in the ecosystem than dirt blocks .The community dosent want a reset either, because of the principle (if they do it now, whos to say they wont do it again?) it ruins motivation to go out and do stuff. So im curious and worried about how they will approach this. Will they reset anyway? Bring back blocks? add the nether and the end? See, its these questions that make you worried about how they will update survival. They need to get it right this time, or players will give up hope. If they ruin survival further then consider survival a place where a player comes, gets full enchanted diamond armour in about 5-10 mins then leaves, never to return again.

Posted Feb 23, 2021
    Ryan9116, Kight, thawazp and 2 others like this.
  15. There is some logic to it I can’t deny that but there is a place to report players who break the rules and we are using it right now I’ve even personally recorded and submitted to it many times where staff reviewed the evidence and the rule breakers were given punishment appropriately they’ve also recently given mods the ability to remove redstone that causes lag when it is reported and I’ve even seen them in game carrying this out so many blocks were already removed things like eleytra and chorus fruit where is the reasoning for things like that and from the point of view of a long time player it’s just one after the other over and over and so little is left as it is and after this they’ll say flowing water causes lag or falling sand or killing mobs and fire aspect and what’s left then? Again thanks for responding and clearing things up plus your time etc as the usual answers we get usually don’t address the question or give any kind of reasoning that even holds up to the slightest scrutiny

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 24, 2021
    Jet Starglaze and MaybeMulti like this.
  16. Hold up bro! Do you want to say that they will change the Survival Mode again? If so, I'd like to know all about the possible changes.

Posted Feb 24, 2021
    thawazp likes this.
  17. Well they are going to reset again redstone is being removed and claims will auto delete if you are not on but there is more than that as well which is the idea here hopefully staff will give us this answer that we would all like to know

OP OP
  18. I think it's mainly to prevent griefing which is very common and difficult to get concrete evidence for. Furthermore, although you have seen staff remove things from claims, there simply isn't enough staff members as of now to keep up with it all.

Things like elytra and chorus fruit were removed as the end and nether aren't enabled yet, so the only way to get them is through cheating. From my understanding, though, the end and nether will be introduced in future updates. The development team just has to come up with a way to bring in the dimensions without portals clashing with one another, all strongholds being taken, and everything looted. Not entirely sure how they will approach this, especially for the end, but I suppose we shall see for the future.

Flowing water, falling sand, killing mobs or fire aspect don't cause lag like redstone can. These things won't be removed. Survival is expected to be a little bit laggy from all these things until the server hardware is improved (which has been confirmed to be in the works), just not overly laggy like redstone. Once again, there isn't enough staff to keep up with every report so it's just easier to remove as it causes more harm than good. I'm sure this will be re-evaluated at a future time, though.

Posted Feb 24, 2021
    thawazp likes this.
  19. I understand and like I said above there is a logical thought behind it but i just don’t know if many people will still want to play in a game so restricted also the mod/qa who revealed the rest of this to us in game had said there were no plans for nether or end and even if there were mineplex has no structures so there wouldn’t be much reason for them anyways no shulkers eleytra nether forts etc just the basic blocks so I’m not sure even adding them would solve much

OP OP
    Jet Starglaze and MaybeMulti like this.
  20. Imma be honest I stopped playing survival mode Mineplex after a reset(maybe a year ago) where I lost all my progress. After that I had no more motivation, I think if there's going to be a reset there should be more pros to the reset than cons. Because after each reset imma say about a third of the people who play the game leave, so in order for a reset your going to want to know that you'll either keep the players your going to lose or attract new ones. The games always been broken (from my perspetive) its never necisarrily been dead in my opinion, I feel if you fix the issues with griefing and such it could get better, but on the other hand your making other players give up features for a few bad eggs. I respect the admins decisions either way but I feel this is going to take a lot of consideration. I advise you not to rush the update, really think about what each decision will affect.

Posted Feb 24, 2021
    Jet Starglaze and thawazp like this.