• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6828 Players Online
  • 3938 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Issues Regarding the Anti - cheat system, Lag and Gwen.

Discussion in 'MCO/Bedrock Discussion' started by Ender07, Jul 31, 2020.

?

Mineplex and its Cheat System Needs Major Upgrading, Do you agree?

This poll will close on Aug 14, 2020 at 10:39 PM.
  1. Yes, it Definitely needs a major upgrade

50.0%
  2. I'm fine with how it is

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No, It's too harsh already

50.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I've been meaning to make this post for a long time but I have always hoped that things would get better - but it hasn't.

Over the past few years of Playing Mineplex I have noticed a severe decline of players. Just back in 2017, when the better together Update came out and Mineplex was a featured server, for months on end Mineplex Bedrock had approx 15000 Players. Thats alot compared to nowadays dwindling numbers of 3 - 7000. What happened?
    After asking around on other Featured bedrock servers I have found the issue.

The anti-cheat System. Otherwise known as Gwen.

It is a known Issue for Mineplex about the 'GWEN' System that its not very good. Compared to other servers and their systems Mineplex is... cr*p. I know that this may be a bit of an exaggeration, but this has been going on too long.

I have seen many people Permanently quit Mineplex Bedrock because of this. I have tried to report hackers and Cheaters before but I just find it useless. These type of people Just create another XBOX live account and just do it all over again.

To be honest, I have nearly quit many times before too. But I keep coming back because I think it will get better.

On my computer, I have stacks of screen shots and recordings of people Hacking, Cheating, Saying inappropriate things, Exploiting maps and some simply - somehow - destroying maps,
    Something needs to be done. Even worse still is the fact that the anti-cheat system appears to becoming weaker and worse as it ages. As far as I know, none of the Bedrock Changelogs in the past 2 years have said something along the lines of, "Fixed GWEN", or "Updated anti-cheat". Its likely gone much longer than 2 years without an update.

The entire bedrock system is almost unplayable because of this. There is no fun left in Mineplex bedrock.

Now, I do not know how the Anti-cheat system works on Bedrock - and i'm not claiming that i do. But what I am saying is that it needs serious fixing asap.

Next, is the lag. Mineplex is a laggy server to start off with. However it is Hard to play like this. For example, I, live in Australia. Australia is known for for bad internet speeds. But, the connection I am running off is a 100/50 speed. Which is the fastest currently possible in my state. just to add to this I can ping my computer to google (The US site) in 20ms. But whenever I ping the Mineplex Server I get speeds of 400ms. That's almost completely unplayable. In comparison the "Cubecraft" minecraft server often gets me to the mid 200s or early 300s. Like I said, i live in australia with renoundly bad speed but 400ms! That's just unacceptable.

But the lag isn't just inside of Minecraft... Its also your website. I struggle to connect to this regularly which is why I don't post often. Just pining "Mineplex.com" repeatedly gives me 100ms+ or Connection timed out.

All of this is unacceptable. WHEN WILL IT BE FIXED

Posted Jul 31, 2020,
    Last edited Jul 31, 2020
    WolfEclipse likes this.
  2. Hello!

Our server is well-aware of the underlying issues that may reside with the current anti-cheat. There are known problems that are not being ignored and are constantly trying to be improved. It is never Mineplex's intention to let hackers roam the server, and our staff team is working tirelessly to punish all rule-breakers on the servers. A very similar thread here has been created in the past and Oscaros_ already covered everything you need to know with the bedrock and java anti-cheat. Lag is an issue that many users face, and once again, is being looked into improving. There are numerous ways to report cheaters, through the forums here or finding a staff member in-game. I recommend reading over this report guide before making a report, to ensure you are filling out all information properly. I will be locking this thread as the same topic has come up many times previously and resulted in a similar outcome. I hope you understand! If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

Thread Locked -> Repeated Topic

Posted Aug 1, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.