• 1073 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5216 Players Online
  • 4143 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Is Your Minecraft Bedrock Edition Crashing After 1.12 update?

Discussion in 'Survival' started by Coolwolf457, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Hello,
    Multiple users seem to report similar issues after the 1.12 update for Bedrock Edition. This bug seems to happen exclusively with Survival Mode. (not survival games, but survival mode) Either the game will crash on loading, or the game will freeze. This does not happen for all players.

When I logged into Mineplex Survival, server 15, the game would crash when I moved my character to certain parts of the map. If I avoided those particular areas, the game would not crash and I could play normally.

When I teleported to another player (also on server 15), my game suddenly froze and then crashed to the Xbox Home screen.
    Resetting the console had no effect - when the game was loaded again the same crash occurred. 100% reproduction rate.
    It seems I had teleported to an area of the map that causes a crash for Xbox One players. The friend I teleported to was on mobile, and did not have the same crash/freeze occur.

Several other mobile users indicated that this happens for them as well. They confirmed the model of their phone and that memory was not an issue. (these are devices that have run MCPE for many months with no problems -- only after the 1.12 update did these crashes start to occur.

It seems like the crash may have something to do with parts of the map or areas the player travels to. If the player is unfortunate enough to have their spawn point in a location where the crash occurs, when they load the game again - or join that same server - they are stuck in a vicious cycle where loading the game immediately freezes or crashes.

So now we are attempting to further isolate this occurrence.

Questions:
    Has anyone experienced the Mineplex Survival Mode crash bug on PC? (not Survival Games - but instead Mineplex Survival Mode)
    Has anyone else experienced this crash bug on any other mobile device? (so far android and iphone examples cited)
    If you did experience this crash. what version of Minecraft were you running?

Posted Jul 11, 2019
  2. Don’t know about survival, but one outstanding bug is that you can’t see chests. Which are crucial in order play games like survival games, and skywars

Posted Jul 11, 2019
  3. A way to fix that bug is just to simply break the chests. Depending on the gamemode, you either get the chest's contents, or the chest loads again, this time being visible. This helps a lot on CakeWars and Survival Games.

Posted Jul 11, 2019
  4. Rip Bedrock players. Come over to Java! its more fun!

Posted Jul 11, 2019
    _NoHaxJustCats_ likes this.
  5. That chest glitch was happening in Survival as well, but at least it has a work-around. I mentioned in another thread how you could break the chests and put the items back in. With the crash/freeze, there is no work around. I am currently stuck in a crash-on-loading loop and cannot play Mineplex Survival Mode at all. I get kicked to the Xbox Home screen 100% of the time and don't have a chance to teleport to an area I know does not freeze/crash.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 11, 2019
  6. Your crashing when joining a server is usually because someone with high enchanted weapon killed a mob and it drops hundreds of mob drops, and when you get within 35 blocks you will lag freeze right away and can't move and game crashes.
    I see this often, and even encountered it today, and it was hundreds of skeleton bones and arrows, I was able to see it and walked backward lagging the whole time but eventually made it far enough away that I stopped lagging. I have seen again today two other times running and came across piles of mob drops that I saw from a distance, so I walked towards it and when I started to lag I stopped and backed up, and two of these piles were very close to spawn points, some people do it on purpose, tp so a spot then kill a mob there so others can't move, and the spawn points are preset, but if you start to lag and freeze, it will be a large amount of mob drops somewhere nearby, you may not see it because it's in a hole or side of hill 30 blocks away

Posted Jul 12, 2019
  7. Its not the mob drops. If it was mob drops I would have been crashing the game for months, and this has never happened. Like I stated earlier, I am familiar with the mob drops you are describing, and this is not the issue here.

The crash I am describing has nothing to do with mob drops and only started to occur after the last update. I have had bad lag due to mob drops, but this is different. This is an issue that has been reported by both Xbox and mobile players, a crash that is specific to certain parts of the map. It is definitely an issue related to the update and not mob drops.

Again, to clarify, this crash would happen with absolutely no mob drops on the map. Simply by walking to certain area of the map the game would crash. Loading the game again and entering that same area (that does not have any mob drops) and the crash happens again, 100% of the time.

Yes, I could understand that mob could drops could cause crashes - but this is not what is happening. If it was indeed mob drops, then eventually they would despawn and I could actually play.

As it stands right now, I can join any time and the crash still occurs. I have tried multiple days in a row, with the same crash happening. This proves that it is definitely not mob drops causing the crash, because they would eventually despawn and I would be able to join. Instead I - and multiple other users - crash everytime we join.

This is an issue directly related to the update, and affecting several platforms. This has been reported and confirmed by support staff.

Also note I worked as a QA Tester and QA Lead Tester for years at Ubisoft. I like to think I know what I am talking about when it comes to isolating and reproducing bug occurrences.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 13, 2019
    sls096 likes this.
  8. Hey coolwolf,
    I myself have experienced the crashes since the 1.12 update. Unfortunately certain spots on a few of the servers will cause the game to freeze then crash and the only way out of it that i have found is to /ftp to a friend that is in another survival server while you're in the lobby. I'm also on xbox, if you are unable to ftp to someone on your friends list you can send me a message directly and ill be happy to help you get into a working survival server. Hopefully we will have this issue fixed asap :)

Posted Jul 13, 2019
  9. Ive never experienced these and I'm on mobile.

Posted Jul 13, 2019
  10. Hi Reks,
    That would be awesome. I will be online later tonight. If I could ftp to you that would be a life saver. I know what areas of my base I can access without crashing - and know what areas to avoid. I TP'ed to someone and know I am stuck in the crash loop - so I will definitely take you up on that offer.

I figure I can at least work on parts of my base safely while waiting for the fix. This is my daughters account that I often share with her to build on her castle - I often build and then she takes over to play - so she has been frustrated that we haven't been able to access her base. This would be great.

Also - I recognize your name from seeing you in chat, actively engaging with the players on survival mode. I appreciate your help! I'll ping you on Xbox later.

And a note on the mobile crashes - these aren't reported on every phone, but my assumption is that is has more to do with where each player is on a map or server and not the phone itself.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 13, 2019
  11. The last couple of updates seem to have had a lot of problems for the minecraft playerbase, now apperantly it's spreading to servers, to avoid these problems, i just turn off Auto Update and until I see that the update won't cause any problems then i update, otherwise i won't.

Posted Jul 13, 2019
  12. Hello coolwolf, I have experienced the same issue myself on survival mode unfortunately because of 1.12.0 some of the areas become glitched and often crash the game. I have also noticed the water looks different and the chest are invisible on cakewars and survival games I made a bug report and the development team are aware of the issue and are currently working on fixing it.

Posted Jul 14, 2019