• 1425 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7251 Players Online
  • 5826 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Is Witch Underrated?

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by Aguaje, May 3, 2020.

1. Whenever I see discussion about smash, I hear all about Blaze, Spider, Wolf, and even Snowman sometimes, but I never see any mention of the witch. Do you think it is underrated? Overrated? Do you think its kit needs a rework? What do you like/dislike about it? What are your opinions on it?

Posted May 3, 2020
    _SquishE likes this.
  2. I think it could use a better primary attack, rather than the potion. I like how the bats can do knock back/carry you.

Posted May 3, 2020
  3. I think it's good that it's not mentioned much. Most kit discussion in smash revolves around kits that either have a singular busted ability or are just overpowered or underpowered as a whole. Witch was actually one of these kits back in 2017 and was nerfed because of it. Nowadays, kits like witch, squid, cow, and wither skeleton aren't mentioned much but I don't think that means anything is wrong with them. To me, they are some of the only completely balanced kits in the game. They are good, but they are not broken.

Posted May 3, 2020
    Deodath likes this.
  4. The Witch is an alright kit, neither terrible or busted. The potions deal a decent amount of knock-back and damage and the bats can do a lot of damage if aimed right. However, one big problem that keeps the Witch at a mediocre level is it's terribly unreliable bat recovery as it's super slow and can get abused when you're getting edge guarded.

I'd say the Witch isn't great just because other mobs can do everything the Witch does, but better.

Posted May 3, 2020
    christxqn likes this.
  5. I’m starting to use it because I don’t see many witch players. Spider’s probably the most overused kit I see because of its good specials and mobility, but half of them seem to not know what to do after they trap someone in a web. Basically every spider pro wannabe goes straight in to pvp, and bat wave’s a great counter to that. DP’s a good splash proj, and the only con I see to witch is it’s just recovery.

Posted May 4, 2020
  6. Hello!

I think that witch should get a buff. Although it's a decent kit when you are playing against a good player you just don't have a chance. I think it would be interesting to either buff the potion damage and add a potion effect like slowness or blindness, or remove the potion, make the bats be the primary, and make a new secondary. I'm interested to see where the SSM community leans towards with this kit.

Posted May 4, 2020
  7. I think it's overpowered, as daze potion does so much damage and has so much knock back.

Posted May 4, 2020
  8. I don’t think witch needs a buff. I remember 2-3 years ago when witch was basically the current creeper. Spammy, good damage and high kb. Not standing a chance against “good players” is just a player based issue.

Posted May 4, 2020
  9. Daze potion’s probably one of the easiest projectiles to dodge. Yes it splashes, but most of the time people get hit because of their predictably. It isn’t like sb either since it’s harder to hit players midair and it’s range is limited.

Posted May 4, 2020
    aaawesome likes this.
  10. I think witch is just plain stupid. Some people think it's not good, but on the other hand, ITS REALLY ANNOYING. Not many people use it, but most of them just spam daze potion because they literally can't even fight. I main squid and I don't think it's a very good counter for witch, so it's always very tedious for me to kill it. I also know that many other people think that its daze potion is annoying because it can be easily spammed. But on the other hand, witch has a trash recovery. I'd still rather not fight one.

Posted May 6, 2020
  11. Like others have said, Witch is fairly balanced but an underappreciated kit. I like to think of it as a prototype Creeper; Both have spammy knockback projectiles, similar playstyles, and mediocre recovery. I mostly main Witch because there are barely any good witches around these days, which therefore makes me look like a better player than I really am. If I were to make one balance change, it would to give Witch the ability to control the bat wave'a direction while leashed, as this would stop your recovery from being screwed over by a 1-block ridge.

Posted May 7, 2020
  12. I really like the witch, and feel like it’s not used as much as it should be. The potions are a really good counter to people who are being straight up aggressive. And the bats are really good at knocking someone over an edge. The potions though have a too short cool down, and it should be extended because most witches just rely on spamming potions on you.

Posted May 7, 2020
  13. People don't use witch as much because you can get creeper, the cheaper version, in my opinion

Posted May 11, 2020
  14. witch is a somewhat decent kit to play as, its pretty fun to use because bat wave can set up some nice combos to void with if you can aim daze pot correctly. however the nerf made on witch destroyed its reputation and is rarely used anymore

Posted May 22, 2020
  15. I haven’t used witch in a long time however the potions can do some pretty good damage, especially the bat swarm. They are deadly

Posted May 22, 2020
  16. Witch is actually a really good kit but its (dare I say) the hardest kit to be GOOD at. I have only seen 1 witch who had completely outplayed me and I could do nothing about it but I forgot his username sooooo. The daze potion is really good for constant damage throughout a fight and the bat wave has been the bane of many players against witch because of the insane kb. You have to be a pvp god, have great timing skills, and aim to be a great witch but there arent many people that Ive seen that have all of these traits

Posted May 23, 2020
    DCDB likes this.
  17. The witch is ok in my opinion coming from the perspective of one of the few witch mains. There are certainly better kits than it though. I would say it lands exactly in the middle. It is a bit above average in almost every category in my opinion. It can combo, has regular armor and regen, and decent abilities. However, what scares allot away from the kit is that its recovery is probably one of the worst in the game. It is good for fighting against other kits that tend to rely more on abilityies. I tend to also find it good to go against skeleton and zombie as well, since using the bat wave as a moving shield is effective. If they try to get distance, use the batwave as a shield, if they are more aggressive, use it as a method to stop them from leaping at you. Where the kit is not as defending against kits that tend to kill quickly. I have a lot of trouble going up against guardians and wolfs. (an example of a kit that kills slowly would be the magma cube). I also find it ironically hard to go against creepers as the witch. The sulfur bomb is a very good counter to breaking a witch off of a batwave while trying to recover. If you both trade a potion for a sulfur bomb, you are both going to fly to opposite ends of the map. the creeper is going to come out ontop since it deals more damage with each projectile and the creeper will regen more when you are trying to get back in range to battle one another. I play ssm kits for fun and not for them being the meta. For me, the witch is one of the most fun kits to play. I tend to play video games in general in a very tactical, nonaggressive manner, so the witch completely fits that playstyle. If any of you happen to be a witch main in this discussion let me know, it has been a while since I have even seen one in the same lobby with me.

Posted May 23, 2020
    DCDB likes this.
  18. I think the witch is good from what I have seen I never really use it but I think it could do with a buff if I am perfectly honest.

Posted May 23, 2020
  19. All you gotta do to kill a witch is give it a bit of a shove. Its recovery may be one of the game's worst, as it rarely even works. From my experience, it's just better to use bats as a weapon.

Posted May 24, 2020
  20. daze potion deals lot of damage and debuff (for such a short cooldown) but I think witch really needs that ability.
    it's got this one recovery move and that is better off being a edgeguard move than such a pathetic joke.
    the whole kit really lacks and be countered easily with other kits and the only reason people play the kit is because of daze potion being considerately being good.
    witch's daze potion is annoying af but it's also predictable af.
    and the whole ability is overshadowed by creeper's sb being so massive of joke itself

Posted May 24, 2020