• 556 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8994 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Is this good for builder?

Discussion in 'Build Showcase' started by Cri_, Sep 17, 2019.

?

Which one is better

1. 1st

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 2nd

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. 3rd

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 4th

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Posted Sep 17, 2019
  2. Yo!
    As I stated on your other post, your work is really nice I just wish you'd showcase your builds with only the blocks in vanilla (so no texture packs / shaders). As for if this is good enough for Builder, I'd say try and build a few Mineplex maps just to get a feel for how gameplay n such works on here and so you can get a general understanding on how Mineplex maps work. I'd suggest reading over these threads since they hold a lot of detail:
    The links above will definitely help you towards the right direction if you do choose to make maps for Mineplex and or apply for the build team. Keep up the great work and I look forward to seeing more build showcases in the future!

Posted Sep 17, 2019
  3. Hey there!

This build is actually really nice. I don't know much about what good building is, but I personally think it's a good build, and it could possibly land you a spot on the Build Team. I'd say just keep showcasing more of your builds, maybe showcase some recent ones. As @TeaSpiller mentioned you should showcase them in their natural form and without shaders. As much as shaders make it much cooler, it should probably be showed without it.

Posted Sep 17, 2019
  4. Omg hi

Well first of, the links and advices that @TeaSpiller provided are going to be very useful if you apply for a builder at Mineplex. Keep in mind that you have to use pictures that don't have any shaders on your portfolio because it's easy to hide some obvious flaws with builds. Furthermore, all advices that I'd say are already said in a thread that TeaSpiller provided above, so definitely give it a look!

Making map for Mineplex is an option, and will definitely help you with a better knowledge on gameplay and aesthetics sides of what this team is looking for, and I certainly hope you'll make one for your favorite gamemode :,)

I hope to see you in the team soon! Best of luck :,)

Posted Sep 21, 2019