• 1264 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5978 Players Online
  • 4714 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Is there going to be a balanced matchmaking system?

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by GeneralHappiness, May 2, 2020.

1. It's kind of ridiculous that there is (almost) no balanced matchmaking system. I currently have only ~170 wins and am constantly being matched with players who have 800+ wins. It's rare but sometimes I have to go against someone with 12k wins. It's no fun when you don't even stand a chance.

Posted May 2, 2020
  2. I understand where you are coming from, but a balanced matchmaking system would only work if the community of Mineplex had a really large player base. An idea like this would make queue times longer, making SSM games much harder to start, especially if there might be a large gap between casual players and really experienced/competitive players. This is the same situation with Champions domination, since even though there are many newcomers to the game, a matchmaking system would make Dom casual games nearly impossible to find. I once suggested this around 2015, but many had similar feedback on enjin, and given how much the player base has decayed since then, I'd say it wouldn't be best to have a matchmaking system for specifically SSM. Some games other than minecraft have been efficient in this system since their amount of players were relatively high when dividing them amongst different ranks.

Posted May 2, 2020
  3. Putting this off longer would only make the situation worse since new players don't want to play against those who've played it for years. Yes, matchmaking will take longer but for the sake of having quality gameplay, it's worth it.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 2, 2020
    Wiz2K likes this.
  4. I mean that's why there is a competitive league for champions that has existed for a long time now. You don't need to force a matchmaking system to make experienced players play with each other. There are always alternative options to this, and many of these public games are meant to be played casually either way. If anyone wants to ever treat it competitively, that's why people make SSM tournaments and leagues, but even that doesn't get as much support as the Dom competitive community. I personally think it's not worth coding a whole matchmaking system based off of your stats, considering how casual most of the public games are on Mineplex.

Posted May 2, 2020
  5. Hey!
    I know where you're coming from and I too have dealt with the same problem many times in the past, but Mineplex' community isn't large enough for this, resulting in players waiting in a huge queue. Maybe it wouldn't be as bad for a game like Cake Wars, but for something like Skywars, the queue would literally take forever! On top of that, how would this work if you have players in your party with a lot more or a lot less wins than you. In my opinion, this is a very good and creative idea, but not only would it result in a huge queue, making players very impatient, but it would also take a long time for the devs to come up with this.

Posted May 2, 2020
    Wiz2K likes this.
  6. Is there a way to make it so everyone is in the same matchmaking, but it chooses to place you against similar skill levels when available? Queue times wouldn't be longer but you would still get some of the benefits of skill-based matchmaking.

Posted May 2, 2020
    Wiz2K likes this.
  7. This won't fix anything even if it was implemented, you could have two people with 300 wins, but let's say one has lost almost a thousand games and the other has lost only around 50, there will still be a huge difference in skill level.

Posted May 2, 2020
    JAKE/gayblackguyy likes this.
  8. Which is exactly how you get better. Playing better opponents gives you a general view on how to play certain kits. When you get better, that’s when you try to add your own tech.

To be fair, I see why casual players would want fixed matchmaking.

Posted May 2, 2020,
    Last edited May 2, 2020
  9. Better then fighting with noobs ;-; I don't improve when I fight easy players.

Posted May 15, 2020
  10. l don’t think this is a great idea because, if you think about it, since new players have a big disadvantage due to the learning curve of this game, then someone with a lot of wins isn’t necessarily “good”, they could’ve just beaten a lot of new players. Two people with the same amount of wins could have very different skill levels.

Posted May 15, 2020