• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 1894 Players Online
  • 1894 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Is there any possible way to make players stop creating nsfw models in master builders?

Discussion in 'Master Builders' started by Blurred__Reality, Jul 17, 2021.

1. Hey!

I have recently been really addicted to playing master builders, but there are major issues, the main one is players drawing/making models of... well you know what they're making.

I was wondering if it is even possible to stop this from happening in-game?

I understand that reporting the account technically stops them but it's a really annoying task to make a report for several different players in a single day because they enjoy ruining the game by being incredibly immature and there are always going to be more players right around the corner to do it again and again so I don't see it as a good solution.

Just a weird side note but these players actually get a decent amount of high votes for their "work", I have had many games where they even win? It's a little odd.

I don't think there's much to do about it so I will keep reporting the players, it's just a bit tedious.

If you have any ideas I would love to hear them, thanks for listening to me rant :)

Posted Jul 17, 2021
    Paladise and PolikGamer like this.
  2. Hi,
    As of right now there are 4 main way to report players:
    1. using /report, which I do not recommend for this, because this would be a gameplay offense, and since moderators can't see these builds, these reports would expire.
    2. Using discord, once again I wouldn't recommend this, because they can't see the evidence.
    3. Calling a mod in from Staffrequest or a lobby, and since no active staff member may be listening in staffrequest or no mods in a lobby I wouldn't recommend this either, and they might take a while to get there or be afk.
    4. Making a forum report. at mineplex.com/reports, I would recommend this, and I would start recording after build time is over, just so the upload time to youtube isn't too long, if you're using something like QuickTimePlayer like me. I understand that this option is annoying, but since it's your best best at getting the report accepted, this is the option I would go with.

As for these players getting a decent amount of votes, I would suspect that this is stat boosting, or there is some way that they are working together to get more votes and wins games. Unfortunately, despite stat boosting being against the rules, RC won't punish players for using a 3rd party platform to communicate with each other, and actually getting stat boosters punished is far harder than it sounds and RC needs significant and specific kinds of evidence to actually punish for it.

Posted Jul 17, 2021
    PolikGamer and Danese like this.
  3. Hi
    I completely understand what you’re saying. I’ve encountered this issue more than I’d like to admit and I hardly even play it. Unfortunately there’s not much that can be done currently. People likely will continue to do it and people vote for it because they believe it to be a funny joke. Pangaea highlighted some ways above to deal with this, and I definitely think forum reporting is your best bet. A simple screenshot of the building with proof of who built it is just fine and we’ll be happy to handle it from there. Again, I’m really sorry you’re having this issue. I wish more could be done but unfortunately you can’t expect everyone to care about and follow the rules.

Posted Jul 17, 2021
    20LeeBrian1 and PolikGamer like this.
  4. Due to the way BLD works, if you get into a group of around 3, you and your pals have the most influence over the game score. Even if everyone else votes fairly, all these people need to do is vote purple on their own builds and red on the rest of them. This makes it so that the bulk of their combined votes goes solely towards their own "work," while everyone else gets almost nothing.

In terms of fixing this, there isn't a way to prevent this from happening due to the fundamentals of how the game is designed and operates. The game's mechanics are deeply flawed and there is nothing that can really be done about it. Sure you might get the party banned... but they're likely already using alts, and they'll just hop on some new ones... Plus there's the countless number of games they get to ruin while waiting for a report to process.

If one were to dedicate a LARGE amount of resources, you could (in theory) develop an algorithm to match certain build types... but that would only do so much. With a very limited pool of builds, it would take a long while for any reliable AI to accurately determine an inappropriate build. The mechanics of this are exceptionally complicated and, quite honestly, the network's (limited) resources would be better dedicated towards fixing the numerous other issues that don't require complete game overhauls.

-Dan

Posted Jul 17, 2021
  5. Modifying some sort of anti-nsfw filter to accept minecraft screenshots would likely be a better way of doing this rather than creating a brand new algorithm that takes in the builds as a whole. It's likely that three screenshots (top view, front view, side view) could pick up most nsfw builds.

Posted Jul 17, 2021
    PolikGamer, mab8400 and Danese like this.
  6. i've lost hundreds of games to this, that is not an exaggeration either lmao, the game can probably never be fixed because that is the simple nature of it, in general you shouldnt play to win in this gamemode since it is very unrealistic with the troll lobbies and boosters. there are definitely tons of games that are totally fine, but it's still kind of a coin toss in most cases, and they will simply use a vpn and hop on alts

Posted Jul 17, 2021
  7. Hmm. Possibly, though it would be difficult to have an individual be able to take all three images in the limited time they have to do so.

Posted Jul 17, 2021
    PolikGamer likes this.
  8. Just have it automatically done with some form of "camera account" similar to the GWEN entity that teleports to each angle of build once it's done and uploads the pictures to the AI.

Posted Jul 17, 2021
    PolikGamer and Danese like this.
  9. the idea is great but they already had a feature like that before, they removed it because of false reporting, which will most likely happen again. I think the best thing would be a requirement of verified players who are linked to the forums. this way alts cant abuse it. then again i would say most people who play this legit are not going to have forums accounts because they are new to the server

Posted Jul 17, 2021
    PolikGamer, Danese and Paladise like this.
  10. thats pretty good. complicated but good

Posted Jul 17, 2021
    PolikGamer and OwlTrig like this.
  11. To help with false reporting instead of automatically banning players the algorithm would send suspect pictures to mods, essentially creating forum reports for the player automatically. Since most AI's like this give confidence levels as to what things are, if a high enough nsfw confidence level is given the build could also be removed from the voting pool so that people don't even see it.
    I also highly doubt mineplex ever had a feature like this, but I'd love to have a staff member comment on whether or not it existed.
    Linking forum accounts wouldn't really do much, it'd stop legit players from joining who don't want to go through the trouble of creating a forum account, but for alters/people boosting with alts it wouldn't take much to create a new forum account and link it to the alt. Having a better system to combat alts (better VPN detection, automatic IP comp account banning, etc) should be put in place in general.

Posted Jul 17, 2021
    PolikGamer likes this.
  12. the alts are not going to care about linking the accounts, they just want to mess around and get back on with more alts to continue. if it is already available to them in game they will see it as a perfect opportunity to mess with the server as much as they can. the first part you mentioned is basically what they had done before, if i'm not mistaken and they removed it because of improper usage

Posted Jul 17, 2021
    PolikGamer likes this.
  13. Hopefully the account migration that Microsoft is slowly rolling out will somewhat assist with this issue as most alts are compromised accounts, but time will tell.

I think an ability to report the build in game will make things a lot easier for both staff and players as whilst forum reports aren't crazy difficult to do, they still aren't the most efficient way a build could be reported.

Posted Jul 18, 2021
    PolikGamer likes this.
  14. No matter what you're going to see it. You can't stop that, and you can't do something about it right then and there. As long as there are people with sick and twisted minds that want to share their filth with the world, there will be no shortage of that. /report and the report tickets on here are good friends of mine, but they only work AFTER THE FACT. There used to be a "report inappropriate builds" thing right there in-game that would shut them down IN AN INSTANT, and it wasn't used from my experience, but for whatever reason, it be gone.

Posted Jul 18, 2021
    20LeeBrian1 likes this.
  15. As others have mentioned, probably not. Of course, having a lot more players that aren't online to troll as well as a better reporting system would help significantly. A bit further down in my reply I will address the past in-game BLD reporting system and the plans to bring it back.

It's not a good solution, I agree. To save a bit of time, you can report multiple people in one report, if that helps. But yes, BLD is like this unfortunately. It's not easy to rid these players before voting time begins, unless staff members are actively moderating lobbies (I try to do this sometimes although can't for the entire day).

Most likely because they are partied. Others just like to troll and vote on these builds a ton. It's super unfortunate

Just want to mention that /reporting, discord reporting, and staffrequest reporting inappropriate builds will not work. Maybe if it's a party of players that *consistently* keep building inappropriate builds then StaffRequest/Discord might work, but don't rely on it.

Forum reporting is pretty much the only way to get rid of the players that build inappropriately. Take a screenshot the moment the "built by" screen shows and report accordingly. Sometimes, I would mass report everybody at the end of the day (you can put multiple people in one report) but other times I'd report while waiting for another game.

I try my best to moderate BLD lobbies when I am online, however, inappropriate builds are ridiculously popular and sadly I can't moderate them the entire day.

There used to be an option directly in-game to report inappropriate builds, that is correct @BlazeFire . My guess on why it was removed would be because it might have been ineffective. HOWEVER, Game Insights has proposed to bring the feature back and make it work a bit differently so that we can try to solve the problem. I believe they were discussing some form of saving the plot and allowing staff members to view them after and issue punishments accordingly - a simple solution, albeit might be resource-heavy.

Algorithms are a smart idea, something we have never had on the server for BLD. This is, however, really ambitious for Mineplex as well. We'll see what we can come up with, I addressed the past reporting system and potential ideas brought forward by GI a bit above^

Posted Jul 18, 2021
  16. Account migration could more or less fix the issue of alting, but since mojang count eliminate SFAs and NFAs with no migration just by asking security questions in the launcher my hopes aren't high. Alts aren't going to just go away by any stretch either, as it is still possible to crack a microsoft account, and some people do have large amounts of FA accounts they could do less blatant things like closet or boost on.

Posted Jul 18, 2021
    Paladise, PolikGamer and Danese like this.
  17. Very short answer to this question that isn't an essay like most: No

Posted Jul 18, 2021
  18. Hello! I completely understand your frustration, especially when that build wins. The best us players can do is /report and call any potential active members from staff request onto the scene. Another option is to take screen shots and save them into a linkable form for mods to be able to view later in the Mineplex report forums. I do not believe that there is any real way to stop players from building what they want to build, it is just a matter of stopping them from continuing quickly and make them think twice before they decide to do it again. Sorry, hope this helped!

AlphaCringe1

Posted Jul 20, 2021
  19. You could either do /report (reports do expire) or you can report on the forums and it will be dealt with at some point.

Posted Jul 20, 2021
  20. Either a) we get a staff member dedicated to patrolling BLD lobs or b) Mineplex starts ip banning, both of which are unlikely but are the most straight forward ways to getting rid of all the inapp builds in the game.

Before a staff member replies saying that the idea of Mineplex ip banning has been denied before, I would like to point out that Mineplex already ip bans through network bans and that they should simply automate it to make it more effective

Posted Jul 20, 2021
    mab8400 likes this.