• 3071 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10831 Players Online
  • 7760 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Is there a point in reporting anymore?

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by MidwestLanden, Mar 30, 2020.

1. I personally have gotten to the point where I am done reporting people in-game. I have never really reported on the forums because it almost seems like there is no point. I personally think that the staff is lazy (sorry if that comes off rude). I was in a game yesterday and I stayed in the game, with a hacker may I point that out, and I reported him multiple times. I proceeded to the hub lobby 1 and there were four moderators and a trainee just sitting there chatting up a storm. Yes, I understand that they may be busy but taking care of the server and their loyal members and trying to make the community better should be their number one priority.

That leads to my next statement/question. The anti-cheat. Gwen seems to do quite a good job a lot of the time but there gets to a point where you the anti-cheat can't do anything against hackers. For example, yesterday in a cake wars lobby, there was a player using anti-kb and kill aura. I decided to stay in the lobby to see if I could do anything against him, which I could not, and Gwen wasn't detecting his cheating. I personally feel that the devs should focus on trying to better the anti-cheat to try and make the community better overall.

I apologize if this thread came off rude to any of the Mineplex staff, but I have gotten to a point where I am truly sick of hackers. I made the decision to stop playing Mineplex a while back and I thought that I would come back to see if anything has changed for the better, and not much has. But, I am looking forward to what's to come with Mineplex and I would also like to end this thread with a thank you to the staff for trying their hardest to work against hackers (even if it doesn't seem like it).

MidwestLanden :)

Posted Mar 30, 2020
    godaroura likes this.
  2. What I am going to say is ( I don't know what I can say) but /report in-game is practically useless unless it is a chat report... reporting hackers using the /report command is very rarely the staffs fault when they are not banned or punished as it is very hard to punish as a staff for cheaters when checking the /reports.

On top of this trainees are unauthorized to view /report, so we can take them out of the picture. There is a sub-team that deals with the reports on the forums and they work relatively fast so you can always use that.

The best way to get a cheater banned in game is to either friend a staff or join the community staffrequest (to do this type /com join staffrequest)

Hope I was of assistance.

Posted Mar 30, 2020
  3. Hey,

You might have your opinion, but I doubt the staff are lazy, especially the reports patrol. When I have reported in the past, staff were able to respond as soon as possible. I usually refrain from using /report for chat offenses just so I can prove that the offense actually happened. For hackers though, I will mostly use /report . I do understand that it may seem like staff aren't do anything for the server, but they actually are. You should go and see the amount of reports that staff get daily through /report , the forums, and through the com Staff Request. Even though we have somewhat of a small player base on Mineplex, the staff team still gets floods of reports from chat to gameplay offenses. Even some reports need to be further speculated to the rules committee team to be considered punishable or not.

I definitely recommend reporting on them forums, even it it means more work through getting evidence and making the report. You can always check this guide on how to properly write a report on the Minplex forums. At least for a forum report, you are guaranteed to get a response as soon as possible. Even if you might not get the responses as fast as possible, you will still get a response somewhat soon.

I definitely agree that there are problems with the GWEN anticheat. There is a lot to improve with this anticheat to even prevent blatant hacks from happening, and closet cheaters normally are never caught by GWEN. Do understand though that detecting things such as auto clicking, reach, and KB modifiers are very difficult to accomplish. Trying to tamper with this a lot can easily cause false bans for those that lag. I am not sure with the blatant hacks, but there is always something that will bypass any server side anticheat. Hopefully though something can be resolved with this issue, because games just become unfair if people have the ability to auto click, get a ghost client, or etc. For the meantime though, at least staff can help with blatant cheaters, but closet cheaters are another thing. I don't know if Mineplex has an developer specifically for the anti cheat anymore, but hopefully there can be new updates with the anti cheat.

In general though, I'd advise doing forum reports if you think staff aren't active during that time(night time for example), but it is up to your own preference. I switch in between /report and the forums, but mostly do the forums.

Posted Mar 30, 2020
  4. Hey,

To start, it'll be better if you do report on the forums where our reports in-game do expire after a while of not being handled. It's hard to get to everyone single one in the duration that we're given. I personally think we're not lazy considering I see more of what the staff team does than you do. I see you said you reported someone then went to a lobby to see our staff team chatting but it's also part of our job to interact with the community, not just ban players. Our priorities have no level of what comes first.

Our anti-cheat isn't going to ban every single hacker sadly. That's just how it is and you'll hear that from everyone. I apologize that it's not perfect but it does a good job in the sense of getting rid of most of the blatant hackers from what I see.

The last part of this post is weird to take in considering you called us lazy but then are also thanking us for working hard. We do our very best to accommodate to our community as we can but cannot function and handle everything like we're robots. We can't get to every in-game report, we can't ban every hacker, and we can't satisfy everyone. There's not enough of us to meet everyone's needs.

Posted Mar 30, 2020
  5. Well yesterday I report 13 players and they all banned but after 2 hours I report like 2 people’s fly and b hop and it’s say no no reason and that whird idk maybe they just stop hacking when mod looking at them

Posted Mar 30, 2020
  6. Hey!

There most certainly is a point to report! Reporting helps mineplex rid of their hackers and overall makes mineplex a more positive environment and server to be on. Like many have stated, forum reports are almost certain to be replied to, whereas in-game reports expire after a certain time period, where no staff are able to handle the report. I personally like forum reports better, as I can't report in-game but I like the way the forum reports are sectioned out and I like that there is a guide for forum reports. I would highly recommend, with many others, to forum report. Sometimes reports in-game are accepted and there is every point in the world to keep on reporting. If you don't it would be quite selfish and also it would effect your gameplay in a negative way. Not to mention the fact that it also puts others' gameplay at risk aswell. Not everyone has Hero+ and the hero and above ranks need to take on the responsibility of reporting players. The community that are hero and above have been entrusted with the command of reporting and these threads don't make out the full potential of the command itself. So my point is, keep on going! Mineplex staff try their best to get rid of hackers and even made a StaffRequest community based on this issue.

Regards,
    Sacred

Posted Mar 30, 2020
  7. Hey!

Firstly, to answer your question, there is a point in reporting hackers. There are more than three ways to report hackers, and utilising the /report feature that is available to all Hero+ ranked users is only one of them. Moderators receive thousands of reports and have to deal with them on a case-by-case basis, which is why it would be unfair to expect an instant response. Staff members will not always be available - four Moderators and a Trainee conversing with players in Lobby-1 is promoting constructive discussion within the community while also handling general moderation in one of the largest lobbies on the server.

As @ezlee6 mentioned, you only notice ten per cent of what our staff members do around the server. Trainees cannot process /reports, so let's go with the four Moderators "chatting up a storm" in Lobby-1. You cannot assume that these staff members have not returned from an hour-long session of processing reports and would like a break. This is not laziness at all - on the contrary, I find it infers a lot of dedication to return to the lobby to interact with the community, which is a part of the role itself, rather than logging off.

Here are a few other ways you can speed up the reporting process:
    • Gather evidence and report the player at www.mineplex.com/reports. You are a ranked player, even if only a monthly subscription, which means that your reports will be processed at a much faster rate than those without a rank. This is to ensure the reports that are most likely to be reliable are dealt with first. The Reports Patrol (RP) and Reports Patrol Assistance (RPA) subteam deal with these - a list of members can be found at www.mineplex.com/subteams of who you can message with any questions or concerns.
    • Join the StaffRequest community in-game by running the command /com request StaffRequest. You will be accepted if you meet all the requirements and you can chat to the community at any time. All you have to do is state the player(s) username and the server you are in. These are answered very quickly and I can vouch for this. If I happen to notice a report in StaffRequest, and if I am free, I will go to answer it straight away. There is often another staff member ready to respond as well!
    • Report a player through /a <message> in a lobby with a staff member. Lobby-1 would be a great place to do this, as you said, there were four Moderators and a Trainee there. At least one of these will be able to investigate and be assured that Lobby-1 remains under control in their absence. This is mainly used as an alternative to the other two, generally more preferable options.
    I do not believe that GWEN should have her place in this argument as the thread is centered around reporting rule-breakers that are not caught by GWEN. We do not have the knowledge to account for her and explain why she does not seem to catch every hacker. Communication between the Developers, staff team and community is improving as we notice from the updates that are receiving a lot of positive feedback. The community have raised many concerns about the anti-cheat over the last number of years, so I find it is safe to say we will bear witness to change soon. However, as for the moment, all we can do is be patient and leave it to the Developers. Reporting these players makes everyone's lives easier during this time rather than an unhealthy mindset of "If GWEN cannot, why should we bother?" Updates do not fall from the sky. Until they happen, we, as community members, have to accept our responsibilities.

Thank you for your respect in the final paragraph, as I have noticed many other threads where you cannot find the same. You have been quite contradicting in your thread by reiterating concerns about the reporting system and laziness of staff, but then saying you are looking forward to change on the server. For the most part, though, I would hope such concerns have been addressed. All we ask is for you to be patient and seek alternatives to your usual method of reporting - it is really not too demanding.

Posted Mar 30, 2020,
    Last edited Mar 30, 2020
  8. Now report available for hero +

Posted Mar 30, 2020
    WowCaleb likes this.
  9. Hi there,

From my point of view, someone who was once a part of the staff team it is very unfair to call staff lazy. You are 100% correct in saying the number 1 priority is taking care of the server but you need to put yourself in the boots of staff members.

First of all, the staff are volunteers, they don't get paid to do any of this, they offered their support and Mineplex accepted it. Staff have lives outside of mineplex: they can't moderate 24/7, some have school, some have jobs and others may not be available during your timezone. Moderators get a lot of stick when really they do nothing but their best. They spend hours taking care of the server whether it be in-game or on the forums and often don't get the appreciation they deserve.

Secondly, you said you don't report on the forums because of the laziness, yet, if you never tried how can you know? From my experience reporting players reports are processed very efficiently given the amount of reports the RP receive a day. Instead of criticising a system which you haven't tried, record the hackers and report.

As for GWEN, she's pretty decent at catching hackers. I remember the days of MAC and it was a nightmare, hackers flying every game during Survival Games. No anti-cheat can stop 100% of hackers, no server has an anti-cheat like that, if hackers are bugging you the best thing you can possibly do is record and then report on the forums, from someone who has used the system a lot, I can assure you, it's a great system.

Have a good day.
    MC Minium

Posted Mar 30, 2020
    MidwestLanden likes this.
  10. You can't rely on GWEN, it's very easily bypassed on games like Clans and CW especially.
    Your best bet is using the staff request com to summon staff, and recording closet cheaters or hackers that have some form of anti-vanish and can avoid staff.

Posted Mar 30, 2020
  11. I always depended on GWEN to kick hackers/cheaters. Almost every day I play Skywars and GWEN kicks them before they can kill me. Reporting is STILL needed for Bedrock and Java. FluteVegetables told me that the Bedrock anti cheat is not even a anti cheat. Hackers in my server on games usually get kicked for hacking.

Posted Mar 30, 2020
  12. Yes I agree that it is still very important to report hackers if you can. GWEN does do a good job in handling Players with fly hacks in SkyWars. Even though the bedrock GWEN does not work the same as the Java GWEN it is still considered an anti cheat.

Posted Mar 30, 2020
    MidwestLanden and Styxkiller03 like this.
  13. As I said, I didn't mean it in a disrespectful manner. I was just in a way pointing out what I have seen. Getting responses from other community members and staff and past staff members, I have come to more of an understanding. I was thanking you guys for more of interacting with community members and developing those relationships with players. Again, I apologize if that came off as rude! Those were NOT my intentions :)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 30, 2020
    AltantaTV likes this.
  14. I can say for a fact that reports do get answered, whether that be in-game or on the forums, so I would definitely recommend continuing reporting players. Unfortunately, there are sometimes too many reports and some of them expire, which means we aren’t able to get to them in time. I don’t think it’s fair to say that staff are lazy because all the people that I’ve come across on the team are incredibly hard workers, who do what they do purely out of passion for the network. You mentioned that you went to Lobby-1 and saw staff members chatting, but as mentioned above, our duties aren’t solely banning hackers as we also interact with the community. You didn’t mention if you asked this in your post but I’m sure if you requested one of the staff members in the lobby to investigate the hacker they would’ve done that for you.

Unfortunately, there will always be more hackers than staff members but we do our best to deal with them and reporting is appreciated and definitely helps with that.

Posted Mar 30, 2020,
    Last edited Mar 31, 2020
  15. Unless you are banned from staff request and haven't gotten a reply in months after appealing, all while it being a false ban. I know so many people who keep getting kicked from staff request for being off topic or are frustrated that there are no people to help them with hackers, a few people I know got banned for the same thing that people get kicked for (or even lesser things).

Posted Mar 30, 2020
    FluteVegetables likes this.
  16. i got kicked from it by accidentally using the wrong com

Posted Mar 30, 2020
  17. It just gets a little annoying to see people talking in staff request when it's meant for requesting staff specifically. I'm sure if you brought this up to a staff member they would help you out in getting back in.

Posted Mar 30, 2020
    Glamourized likes this.