• 298 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4741 Players Online
  • 4443 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Is the bedrock server of Mineplex ever going to update?

Discussion in 'MCO/Bedrock Discussion' started by NKSV, Apr 12, 2022.

1. Out of all the 7 servers in the featured servers list, 6 of them are above or on the version of 1.16. However, Mineplex is still in 1.12 and has yet to receive a new update for years. Even though Mineplex is the main server I play on, it is getting kinda boring just being stuck in 1.12 when the rest of the servers have updated to the latest versions or close to it. Similar to a 2b2t situation, but they're actually making plans on updating their server.

Posted Apr 12, 2022
    dogeygamer23 likes this.
  2. Mineplex is on 1.17???

Posted Apr 12, 2022
  3. people in earlier versions can join mineplex

Posted Apr 12, 2022
  4. Ik, when I play on my fire (like once a month) I play on 1.14

Posted Apr 12, 2022
  5. No, they’re not they’re compatible with 1.18. But is using pre 1.13. Because you can’t swim and other 1.13+ stuff.

Posted Apr 12, 2022
  6. I never said 1.18 was never compatible?.??

Posted Apr 12, 2022
  7. Let me clarify this so we’re not confused. Bedrock is on 1.18. Mineplex’s server version is on Bedrock 1.12. But, it’s compatible with 1.18/current version.

Posted Apr 12, 2022
  8. Mineplex runs on 1.17 tho and has support for the versions

Posted Apr 12, 2022
  9. It compatible with 1.18 but the FEATURE VERSION is 1.12 meaning that it doesn’t have any features from 1.13 and above. Also we’re in 1.18…

Posted Apr 12, 2022
  10. The irony this thread has is insane

Posted Apr 12, 2022
  11. it says 1.17 when u join and disconnect at the same time and when you go to friends list it says that but its on 1.12 since u cant swim and theres concrete

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 12, 2022
  12. What about concrete??? And isn’t the lobby in 1.12 and the server in 1.17?

Posted Apr 12, 2022
  13. concrete was added in the 1.12 update and i have never seen the rest of the server have blocks/entities that are in 1.17 and up, except the piglin texture, but thats basically it

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 12, 2022
  14. yh but mineplex doesnt have 1.13+ features so i was talking about if mineplex should update to a newer version to keep up with the rest of the bedrock servers

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 13, 2022
  15. Versions don't even matter here for server functionality. It's just preference. The fact that the only updates we have had this year are the removal of 4 Bomb Lobbers maps (I liked that) and some April Fools joke with big chickens is the bigger issue. What's Mineplex gonna do with some extra blocks and sketchy swimming mechanics? No one is forcing you to play 1.12. Everything 1.12 and above is playable which is an advantage if anything.

Posted Apr 13, 2022,
    Last edited Apr 13, 2022
    Mothy and Storeroom like this.
  16. Yeah, what difference does 1.13+ do? Not like you’re going swimming in cakewars

Posted Apr 13, 2022
  17. Aesthetics always matter these days in a Minecraft server, no matter what the server is about. Newer versions bring us with new blocks, which also adds to the flexibility to make newer, better looking maps and perhaps new game ideas as well. Java Minecraft servers have a reason to not update their servers to the latest, and we all know what it is, but Bedrock has no problem regarding that at all. Believe me or not, servers are actually taking advantage of this, and they are doing a fantastic job according to me. So in my opinion, they (leadership) should definitely consider updating Mineplex Bedrock.

Posted Apr 13, 2022
    NKSV and dogeygamer23 like this.
  18. The issue with that is even if we do get an update, it will result in nothing else except we can't play lower versions. We get no new maps because they apparently have to be on Java first so there would be no benefit as of now. I get upset when I hear that lower versions may be removed because there are huge differences in how higher versions react to your inputs because for some reason that stuff was messed with. 1.12 and 1.16 are the only versions I'll willingly play because they don't have major bugs. 1.17 and above have really awful input delay and as far as I'm aware, there's no way to fix it. I prefer 1.12 over everything else because it's clean and has literally no bugs aside from having to select your skin every time you open the game and that takes 3 seconds at most.
    Edit: Forgot to mention that hotkeying even somewhat fast on newer versions just doesn't work and doesn't let you use items immediately and sometimes will go back to holding the previous item even if you didn't do that yourself.

Posted Apr 13, 2022
    ItsMeTanish likes this.
  19. Is the input lag a server side issue or is it a Minecraft issue?

Posted Apr 14, 2022
    dogeygamer23 likes this.
  20. It’s definitely both. But, it’s mostly on the server side.

Posted Apr 14, 2022,
    Last edited Apr 14, 2022