• 265 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 1208 Players Online
  • 943 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Is Mage Really A Support Kit?

Discussion in 'Champions' started by BuilderSid, Dec 29, 2018.

?

Should Mage be allowed to heal more efficiently?

1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    53.8%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    46.2%
  3. It should be nerfed

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I've played Mineplex Champions for almost 3 years now. I have always favored the mage class for the creativity you are able to do with it, for every kit in that manner, but I feel that considering mage is meant for support, it is very lacking. My life midgame has been saved primarily by a Ranger's Healing Arrow while I can't think of a time that Life Bonds did. Where I can understand the balance in Life Bonds taking health from the healthier players and transferring it to those close to death, a support class shouldn't take health from their teammates. So, in order to resolve this problem, I suggest 2 ideas:

1: Change Life Bonds
    A way we can fix Life Bonds is, instead of making it mana-dependant, we can assign it a cooldown. Just like in the Halloween Havoc the heal ability was able to heal players within a certain range for a certain amount. We potentially could lower this range but increase the heal count it will provide. I know this honestly wouldn't sound fair so in order to balance it out the cooldown could be significantly long, maybe 20 seconds, allow it to require significant mana, or another way to balance it out could be weakness for the player using said ability.

[FONT=Open Sans, Arial, sans-serif]2: Rehabilitation Bomb
    [FONT=Open Sans, Arial, sans-serif]This is an ability that myself and 2Color thought while discussing the mage class. It will be an ability that can function like both Lightning Orb and like Healing Arrow but still heal for a significant amount. Like Lightning Orb, it will be a ability that launches some sort of item from the axe but like healing arrow it will heal allies and gnauseate enemies. But unlike the Lightning orb it should have a larger range and can remain on the floor longer. Ranger has 5 axe abilities so I imagine it would be no problem to add a fifth to mage.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Open Sans, Arial, sans-serif]Now, to make mage an even fuller support class, and I'm sure you've had these requests, nerfing the damage of Static, to maybe 5 hearts, would be ideal and maybe even increasing the durability of the class in itself, although, the void is tanky enough as is. Reducing the damage of Static to 5 hearts max would still eliminate assassins in two shots, but in doing so they would have time to take a pot and escape. Though considering recall doesn't let players use pots the situations can vary. To end this, I sincerely request you take my thoughts into consideration or if my ideas don't meet up the standards for new kit abilities please take the overall thought of editing mage to suit a better Support/DPS class. [/FONT][/FONT]

Posted Dec 29, 2018
    Starx280 likes this.
  2. Hey! While I like the idea of making Mage more of a support type class, mostly all the players I see including myself use Mage for Combat purposes instead of support. So I'm neutral on this. :)

Posted Dec 29, 2018
  3. Having a cooldown and only having a certain amound of healing is in my eyes a very huge undeserved nerf

Real Master Mages uses Lifebonds and healing teamates the entire time while you use your abilitys to make enemys unable to hurt you and use a ability that deals a bit damage from the sideline , glacial blade, frissure lighting orb...

Or you use Nullblade with Mana regen and blizzard and frissure... hehehe but enemy players will hate you for that

Posted Dec 29, 2018
  4. A common misconception is that mage is intended to function as a support class. Judging from the fact that it has one, maybe two skills that could be considered support skills, I'm inclined to say it isn't. Life bonds could probably use a slight buff, and it would be neat to see at least one other support skill added to mage, but let's not turn it into a support class in a game that doesn't really revolve around healing like that. Soups cover 90% of the healing that happens in this game, and natural healing covers 9% of the remaining 10%.

I'm also fairly certain your information on Life Bonds is outdated, it isn't a Minecraft health version of Communism anymore. I also don't want to see it with a cooldown.

Also, side note, Ranger does not have five axe skills.

Posted Dec 29, 2018
    FreezaSama likes this.
  5. My bad, I meant Five Arrow abilities.
    --- Post updated ---
    I also don't see mage as a fully support designed class but hence it's life bonds ability, it can be rewired to potentially be a very well rounded DPs/support class. Most of the people who wish for static and immo to be needed are assassins because static can two shot assassins. But assassins can potentially blind, poison, regeneration, and have a movement advantage so their requests for mage nerfing is kinda just them being annoyed. In adding new abilities to the game can potentially turn the tides even greater towards gameplay. Not simply just mage rewiring but doing something to any kit can potentially make more people want to play champions more. Although, the update was really when champions started dying.
    --- Post updated ---
    I also don't see mage as a fully support designed class but hence it's life bonds ability, it can be rewired to potentially be a very well rounded DPs/support class. Most of the people who wish for static and immo to be needed are assassins because static can two shot assassins. But assassins can potentially blind, poison, regeneration, and have a movement advantage so their requests for mage nerfing is kinda just them being annoyed. In adding new abilities to the game can potentially turn the tides even greater towards gameplay. Not simply just mage rewiring but doing something to any kit can potentially make more people want to play champions more. Although, the update was really when champions started dying.
    I too enjoy the mages damage capabilities, I primarily focus on damage and area control using my mage.
    --- Post updated ---
    I too enjoy the mages damage capabilities, I primarily focus on damage and area
    It wouldn't necessarily be a nerf if the ability healed better as a result.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 29, 2018
    Starx280 likes this.
  6. Mage is weak and has nearly no directly offensive abilities.

Void; yeah but it's easier to counter than you'd think.

Fireball; low damage and easy to counter.

Inferno; low damage and drains your "mana" very swiftly.

Immolate is the only decent mage offensive thingny

Posted Dec 29, 2018
  7. If you look at a kit with abilities like Static Lazer, Immolate, and Void and think "Now THAT is a support kit!" then I am curios as to what your standards or requirements of being a support focused kit are.

Im all ok with trying to make the supporting moves good but I mean... Arctic Armor and Life Bonds are actually pretty good right now?

Where have you been since Static Lazer got buffed? "Mage has no directly offensive abilities" lmao try an 18 damage hitscan up for size

Posted Jan 11, 2019
  8. I do understand how "Mage" can be easily known as supports in the gaming community but I do not think it should mean only healing abilities. Mage, in my opinion, as both damage and support abilities. If life bonds is used properly it is a really good source of healing and can give you a really big advantage when in fights. The damage is also here with fire blast, lightning orb, Static laser which means that the kit can be both used as support and damage. Thank you for your feedback!
    CaptainPigmans

Posted Jan 12, 2019
  9. Very well for that as a Archmage I say Inferno is quite powerfull if theres not a immolate mage around or a water bottle ot someone using Resistance 3

You get the best out of Inferno if you use Lv 6 and for that mana drain you should consider two things : Null Blade (so cannot run out of mana in combat)
    and perfectly mana controll. Dont use and waste mana if you dont see a moment that would hit and hurt the enemy, know how to keep your mana on eye so it never runs out.

Also for inferno use a cobweb to trap enemys and kill them for free by burning them to death

Posted Jan 13, 2019
  10. haven't played minecraft for nearly 2 years sooo

Posted Jan 19, 2019
  11. You are on the forums, how did you connect your Minecraft account to the Forums if you havent played for nearly 2 years? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted Jan 20, 2019
  12. I just started playing again -snip-

Posted Jan 20, 2019,
    Last edited by a Moderator Jan 20, 2019
    joshbet9 likes this.
  13. >Just starting to play again after 2 years
    >Tries to tell other people how Mage is currently

You have no excuse

Posted Jan 20, 2019
    FreezaSama and ppancake like this.
  14. Yeah and im still more experienced than you though you had 2 years to catch up am I right?

Posted Jan 22, 2019
  15. I've played since 2013.
    Nice try though!

Posted Jan 22, 2019
    FreezaSama likes this.
    • General Rudeness Severity 1
    Look at your lvl and look at mine.
    Nice try though! Also check up your reading comprehension as I literally said that you had 2 years time to catch up but you didn't (which if you can't understand is implying to you having much more time to get a high level but well.)

Posted Jan 22, 2019
  16. I don't really play Champions, but when I do I use Mage. In my personal opinion I think that it should stay the way it is; when I play I use the kit combatively, and less for support reasons. From what I see I don't think that any nerfs are needed. When I play I don't really have any problems using the kit or when playing against it. I apologize if I can't really give you any further information; again I don't play Champions so this really isn't my cup of tea.

With that said, I'm going to ask that the participants of this thread be respectful in their discussions. There is no need to start "flaming" each other. The forums are used for respectful discussion only, so if you don't have anything nice to say it's best to not say it.

I'm going to lock this thread as it's turning into a flame war. OP, feel free to create another thread on this topic so you can get some more opinions. For those going to respond to the new thread (if there will be one) please keep discussion appropriate. If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Thread Locked >> Flame War

Posted Jan 22, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.