• 4242 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 13820 Players Online
  • 9578 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Survey Is it soda or pop?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Marzie, Mar 24, 2020.

?

Is it called "Pop" or "Soda"

1. Pop

9 vote(s)
    16.1%
  2. Soda

47 vote(s)
    83.9%
  1. Interesting, I call them fizzy drinks, I don't think I've ever heard either in real life. I grew up in the south of Ireland, so maybe it's just a thing here. I haven't noticed what my other relatives outside of Ireland call it.

Posted Mar 25, 2020
  2. Heyo!

Personally, it all comes down to where your really from I guess. Like @jxcb I'm from the Midwest and I prefer to call it Pop. I just can't stand any other term because it sounds so weird, I just call it pop lol.

~Cheers!
    -spikecreates

Posted Mar 25, 2020
    xGetRektedx likes this.
  3. I just call it by the particular brand of drink it is (pepsi, coke, sprite, ect.) Though for the general term, I use soda, but it's always funny because both my parent's family's are from Ohio and all of my grandparents say pop.

Posted Mar 25, 2020
  4. How could you start the forbidden debate! D:
    I sort of use them interchangeably, sometimes I say "Hey do you want some soda?" and other times "Do you want some pop?" Although, I think I mostly say soda.

Posted Mar 25, 2020
    Jaborrie and xGetRektedx like this.
  5. In Florida we call is soda, I never even knew people called it pop until I started talking to more online gamers. People say that they called it pop because of the sound when you open it which I don't get, because if we named things off of sounds then it should be called crrrcchhshsh :thinking:

Posted Mar 25, 2020
    allliens and xGetRektedx like this.
  6. Haha, everyone calls it soda or coke

Posted Mar 25, 2020
  7. Personally, I don't call it soda. Though, I won't say like "Can I get a soda", I'll say, "Can I get a Sprite" or "Can I get a Coke" since "soda" is such a broad word to use. Using the name of the soda is a lot more directing towards which soda I'm getting.

Posted Mar 25, 2020
  8. It's funny, according to the chart @jxcb sent, I should be calling it coke, yet I don't. I just call it soda. It seems like a more reasonable name considering I was raised in the south. You'd be surprised, not a lot of southerners use coke. If you said that you wanted coke, you'd get coke, not sprite.

Posted Mar 25, 2020
    xGetRektedx likes this.
  9. 100% it is soda

Posted Mar 25, 2020
  10. It's a soft drink.....

Posted Mar 25, 2020
  11. Everybody knows it’s soda.

Posted Mar 26, 2020
  12. Californians say soda, if you're from California and say anything other than "soda" please message me!

Posted Mar 26, 2020
  13. Everyone is wrong, it's called soft drink! Crikey, Australia is a weird place...

Posted Mar 26, 2020
    Crazyy_Tim likes this.
  14. Judging by the vote, I am clearly in the minority, but up here in my particular home province in Canada, we call it Pop, also known as the correct wording of it.

Posted Mar 26, 2020
  15. SODA! From Connecticut!

Posted Mar 26, 2020
  16. I've heard both, but I personally call it Soda :P

Posted Mar 26, 2020
  17. B3N

B3N

I say soda but I know many people that say “pop” or “coke”. I’m from the Eastern US so that’s probably why.

Posted Mar 26, 2020
  18. None of the above, it's cola, even if it's just fizzy water or sprite.

Posted Mar 26, 2020
    Im_Ken likes this.
  19. Well it really depends on the place. When I lived in Virginia I only heard soda being used. While being in New York the majority of the people using pop.

Posted Mar 26, 2020
  20. Finally, someone brings up the topic, lol! I'm from Louisiana which is in the south and I was raised there for a majority of my life. My family members and I always called it Pop. I rarely heard people say Soda in the cities I lived in. Since moving to another state, people have noticed how I say things differently, like the Soda and Pop thing for example. When we try to debate about it as a joke, people usually say that people in northern states say pop while people in southern states say soda. It's a really weird case for me since I'm not from the north, but it's just from what I'm used to hearing around me. Soda also just feels weird to me saying it at this point, I feel like pop just rolls off the tongue easier and sounds better.

Posted Mar 26, 2020
    xGetRektedx likes this.