• 3050 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11488 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Is Bedrock Better than Java

Discussion in 'Surveys' started by Jango_55, May 11, 2019.

?

Is it

1. Yes

10 vote(s)
    20.4%
  2. no

32 vote(s)
    65.3%
  3. Other ... explain

7 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. Thats me qestioooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon! XD

Posted May 11, 2019
  2. Alright, so. I think that they are both good. They both have their pros and cons. Although, personally I think Java is better because I find it more expandable and more competitive with more opportunities. I myself am still kind of competitive in terms of hand to hand combat or any other pvp game. I do think Bedrock is really fun and really cool. I really find it amazing that it brings people from multiple devices to one network. I do love Bedrock as I did originate there along with a whole ton of people but I'll have to say Java is better.

Posted May 11, 2019
    Jango_55 likes this.
  3. Bedrock is cool cuz you don't get hacked on every game and it's not full of sweats. It's kinda like a throwback to 2014 Mineplex tbh. However, it's also buggy and laggy as hell and I find operating xbox or my phone for pvp frustrating, especially when you fight people who are on windows computers. Minus the hackers, java is just a better, streamlined experience.

Posted May 11, 2019,
    Last edited May 12, 2019
    juandelgadooo and Jango_55 like this.
  4. Ty for your input

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 11, 2019
  5. Thread Moved to Surveys.

It's always been the joke around that Bedrock = Badrock. However, for me, it's simply preference and what you have available to you. Not everyone has a Laptop or Computer for normal Java Mineplex. Many only have access to phones, tablets, or other consoles that restrict them to the Bedrock platform. For me, I'm lucky enough to have a PC that works (some of the time) and allows me to play on the Java platform. I enjoy it a ton, and I believe that the community is more developed within Java. That doesn't mean Bedrock is bad, it's actually quite fantastic. Continuously being one of, if not the largest, Bedrock platform there is. Bedrock has really saved us and allowed us to branch out to other consoles and truly make Mineplex an active network. I'm glad for both platforms.

Tl;dr I play Java, and prefer it, but I wouldn't say it is better than Bedrock; and vice versa.

Posted May 11, 2019
  6. Personally I don't think either one is better than the other. It really depends on personal preference, what devices you have available to play minecraft on etc, they both have their pros and cons. I personally enjoy java much more as it feels smoother to play on, which makes sense if you play Bedrock on a phone or tablet, but even when playing bedrock on PC java still feels smoother to me.

I do like how Bedrock is accessible to players on multiple types of platforms, although it can be frustrating as it can be more difficult for players on mobile going up against players on PC. I also feel that it's a bit easier to communicate on Java as well, as it's faster to open chat and send messages and such, as well as other features like communities.

Posted May 12, 2019
  7. Posted May 12, 2019
  8. Since I play on Java but still have a Bedrock account, I'd have to say that I enjoy playing in Java much more. In Bedrock, I'm not really challenged and there are just a bunch of AFK people. In Java, I am pushed to my limits, which I enjoy. I have many friends on Java as well, so I'd much rather play there. Java is also more customizable, whereas on Bedrock you have to play the way Microsoft sets it up for you, plus you have the chance of getting ghost muted. I suggest that many others as well play on Java instead of Bedrock, as Java is just more fun.

TL;DR I like Java a lot more than Bedrock, but Bedrock isn't horrible.

Posted May 12, 2019
  9. List of why Bedrock isn’t as good as Java:
    1. Arrows have the weirdest trajectory and are delayed when you try to shoot them.
    2. Has game breaking bugs like the game not ending even after you “win”.
    3. It’s almost impossible to team with friends because the system reshuffles everyone even after you were put in the same team as your friend.
    4. No one takes knockback (very little). This is the worst for me personally as you literally can’t do combos and basically makes it so you hit them and they hit you, even if one is more skilled then the other.
    5. Your sprint is disabled after every time you hit something. I have the same keybinds on Java and Windows 10 and this only happens in Bedrock so I’m still gonna count this as a reason.
    6. Has very weird “double jump” mechanics.
    7. God the GUIs are so annoying. I don’t know how to explain it but it’s much more smoother in Java. In Bedrock, the screen goes away and then comes back like every time you click on something. Idk it’s weird.
    8. When bridging, if you hold down right click, the block beneath ya when you’re building disappears. You have to actual click every single block in order for this to not happen.
    9. There may be more stuff, but all the above was me just playing for a few hours with my friend.

Posted May 12, 2019
    PapiKirito likes this.
  10. Hello humans :)

I would have to say both bedrock and Java are both at a equal standing point for me. Although I have played on both I find Java more enjoyable because to me it is more smoother and more competitive. Bedrock is also good because you are able to play on a phone or a iPad which is more accessible than a Laptop or computer. All in all, I think they are both great and just about equal.

Posted May 12, 2019
  11. I think both platforms have their pros and cons. Bedrock can be difficult to play and hard to get used to if you are used to the Java version like me. However, bedrock has a larger player base, making it easier to start a game. Whether bedrock is better than Java is just preference.

Posted May 12, 2019
  12. Both platforms, as stated multiple times in the past, have their pros and cons.

Personally, I like Java better simply because I've played Java since 2013. Plus, Bedrock is extremely hard to control on my iPad with walking, jumping, sprinting, etc., while all Java requires is keyboard presses that I am very familiar with. Bedrock isn't necessarily "bad" to me; Java is just better in my opinion. I like to stick with what I know, that's all - and Bedrock isn't familiar for me.

Posted May 12, 2019
  13. I mean, it depends on your preference whether you love to play on the Bedrock or the Java version. I don't play on the Bedrock version a lot because of my choice. I prefer to play on the Java version more because I have tons of experience for seven years. Sometimes, I play on the Bedrock version when I feel like I want to.

Java version is like more reliable when I am on my computer.

Posted May 12, 2019
  14. no

Posted May 12, 2019
    neotheater likes this.
  15. I personally enjoy Java more, but that doesn't mean it's 100% better than Bedrock. I enjoy certain games that are nonpvp on Bedrock because it's easier for me to move around and win with the adaptions to PE players. However the movements of Bedrock and pvp is kind of weird to me so I prefer straightforward Java pvp. Bedrock also doesn't have the hacker problem as much which is good I guess but most hackers on Java are in cake wars so there'a a way to avoid them. I also like the Java MPS's since Bedrock doesn't have it.

I'm split on this but I'm still saying Java is better than Bedrock because if I'd have to choose on losing one account forever I would choose to keep Java. Interesting thread!

Posted May 12, 2019
  16. Hiya!

I personally much prefer the Java version to the Bedrock version but as stated many times before this post, it's down to personal preference and what you are used to. I've been playing on Java since December 11th 2014 meaning this version of Minecraft is kind of how I've learned to play the game. I haven't been near XBOX or Pocket Edition Minecraft in 6 years (literally since I was 9). I've learned everything I know from Java. It also holds so much nostalgia for me, especially the Java Edition of Mineplex.

As you would be able to tell, I am level 1 on Bedrock meaning I have played it about once. I played it on my phone and I found the controls of the game really hard to comprehend. I'm still yet to discover how to change my skin or how to crouch or how to sprint or how to do literally anything I do on Java but on Bedrock.

If someone came up to me and asked me which version of Minecraft they should play though, I would say Bedrock. It's the direction Minecraft is heading in and the fact it's cross-platform makes it so much more accessible when you're on the go. If they never get used to Java, they'll never have the issue of relearning every single control like I'm trying to do.

Posted May 12, 2019
  17. Hi there!
    Honestly like many said above this mostly comes down to personal preference. Personally I've played the Java version of Minecraft much longer than I have Bedrock but at the moment I'd really have to go with Bedrock. Having experience in playing/moderating both of these platforms I would personally say that I really enjoy Bedrock.

Bedrock compared to Java is very different and really underestimated by players in my opinion. Yes I believe that the Bedrock edition of the game might not be so advance as Java but I really feel like Bedrock is going to be the future of Minecraft, unless Mojang turns something around to attracts more players to Java.

Bedrock is a unique platform which really attracts a younger type of audience than Java does and I really like that. Having experience with moderating Java in the past, I definitely have to say that I much rather prefer the more quiet and relaxed environment that Bedrock creates. I don't think that I'd ever really stop enjoying to play Java to be honest, but I just feel like at the moment Bedrock really has to be my personal preference for multiple reasons.

Posted May 12, 2019
  18. All these people that are saying “personal peference”; yeah, all opinions are personal peference and the thread is asking for ya opinion, not stating the obvious. Sorry this is just bothering me a lot. xD

Posted May 12, 2019
  19. Bedrock has Pen Pen the Penguin and Unicorns. Does Java have Pen Pen the Penguin and Unicorns? No. Ergo Bedrock is better.

Posted May 12, 2019
  20. Idk

Posted May 12, 2019